Mac3

Gypsy Ram

Why the **** would he come back to us. I would have him back in an instant, but we shafted him twice and now he would have to try and work his magic with a team of workhorses and donkeys.

11 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Not mac3 but maybe Warburton. I have been touting him for about 3 years now. Not got a great recent track record i will admit but did well with Brentford and okay at Rangers.

Very capable on a small budget as well. Brought through some good young prospects at Forest.

I still believe Rowett should be given time. Just to help balance the books a little of anything.

Didn't Warburton leave Forest under the same kind of cloud as Rush left us regarding player transfers?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No we need to move right on - on from Mac, on from Keogh, Bryson and Martin, on from QPR, on from Clement's signings, on from reminiscing about Ince, Hughes, Hendrick and everyone one else that has left, on from Jerome, Nugent, Baird and other players past their prime, and on from the likes of Kevin Phillips in the backroom staff despite numerous failed regimes.

Get an old head in with a few promotions under his belt, who is good with youngsters and can implement them around the experience and quality we do have hidden somewhere in this squad.

If Rowett has to go then look outside of uk,please give a Spaniard or Portugese,or maybe Italian,a chance,look at the succesful clubs in The Championship/Premiership,the only English worthy of consideration would be Sean Dyche,thats my ten penorth.

6 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:
2 minutes ago, Rample said:

No we need to move right on - on from Mac, on from Keogh, Bryson and Martin, on from QPR, on from Clement's signings, on from reminiscing about Ince, Hughes, Hendrick and everyone one else that has left, on from Jerome, Nugent, Baird and other players past their prime, and on from the likes of Kevin Phillips in the backroom staff despite numerous failed regimes.

Get an old head in with a few promotions under his belt, who is good with youngsters and can implement them around the experience and quality we do have hidden somewhere in this squad.

I can't move in from the best girl in my life no matter how balding she was.

Course I’d have him back, shouldn’t have been sacked last time but he’s out of his mind if he comes back here.

Too much history for some fans, saw someone on here saying they couldn’t ever forgive him for the Newcastle business, which I personally find ridiculous but will always be a blot for some.

Even when he was sacked last season, I was amazed how unaware people were of our situation and how quick they were to write him off. I remember listening to the dcfc podcast and hearing one of them say it was time for him to go because it was the same old problems with the same old excuses.

What?!

He was put in an awful position with an awful team, polished a turd then got fired because it still tasted like ****. The circumstances for both of his “failures” were massively against him (and completely different), more so than other managers we’ve had recently.

I doubt Mel and him will be on good terms either, he must have felt like Mel hired him almost purposely to embarrass him all over again. Mac’s got a massive PR issue and Mel’s only made it worse for him, for reasons I never thought were overtly justified, I don’t think he wants to come back here to be embarrassed all over again.

It will remain a what might have been with Mac forever, I’m afraid. God I wish now more than ever he’d got the benefit of the doubt and built something this season. You can only talk in what if’s but I think at least one of Hughes or Ince would still be here, as would Martin obviously.

I’d have him back in a heartbeat but I don’t think it’s a realistic possibility, don’t get your hopes up.

Mac..

I've a very strange feeling I've ne'er felt before,
It's a kind of a grind of depression.
My heart's acting strangely, it feels rather sore,
At Least, it gives me that impression.
My pulses beat madly without any cause,
Believe me, I'm telling you truly.
I'm gay without pause, then sad without cause,
My spirits are truly unruly.

20 minutes ago, Rample said:

Jim Smith. With Mac as assistant. 

No but through no fault of his own. Way too much baggage now after his appalling dismissal the second time around. It wasn't ruthless, it was just plain silly and our chickens have come home to roost.

Much as I love Mac, we need to look to a new future now and not try once again, to rehash former glories. It's academic in any case as there's no way he would come back again as long as Mel is at the helm and one can hardly blame him given the way he was treated.

Archived