The Alternative

Waffle

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carry on until the summer. Its irrelevant whether we make the playoffs. Always has been.

The last thing we need is a director of football. That was simply sam's strategy for getting control of transfers. 

The manager should buy and sell the players. Good recruitment is a massive part of the job, and always has been.

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Now there's a blast from the past

Managed to keep Tromsö in Norwegian league against the odds. It was so special achievement their local rag printed whole first page in Finnish thanking him. Working with a very limited budget but still keep producing and especially improving players...

Did extremely well in Finland too. Besides those achievements has all the traits you'd want from the manager.

As safe bet as managerial change ever.

If Mel pulls the trigger then I'd look at a young up and coming manager from the champ down (would love to find the next Eddie Howe) rowett was supposed to be this but the philosophy doesn't look to be a fit. I'd also be keen to look abroad as an alternative but this can be very hit and miss.

Either way the philosophy has to fit by playing attractive football and they have to be given time there's a big mess to unpick.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Wassell for the rest of the season and even the one after that.

If not warburton.

Above all id have Mac back but surely Mel wouldn't go there.

But with a director of football as described earlier overseeing the overall direction of purchases of players and coaches.

Gives us some continuity of the derby way,whatever we decide that is.

Like most fans I wouldn't want Wassall any where near the 1st team. Not sure what all the hyp is around Warburton. He didn't do very well at Forest. 

1 minute ago, europia said:

Like most fans I wouldn't want Wassall any where near the 1st team. Not sure what all the hyp is around Warburton. He didn't do very well at Forest. 

just like mac he didnt do well at forest but first time he did well for us!

1 minute ago, Derbylad92 said:

just like mac he didnt do well at forest but first time he did well for us!

Hmm, I think you will find that McClaren does also have a fair amount of success on his CV (along with not so successful) 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think if we sacked Rowett NOW and got Wassall in it couldn't be any worse. Plus he might just pull them around enough to get into the play-offs, the squad is good enough.

I was really hoping this would happen after the Sunderland game...might be too late now ?

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Im not interesting in an alternative, and neither is Mel thankgod.

Please please lets not make mistakes of the past, just because we havent turned up against Burton (which might i add, we never do)

must be because as a club we see them as non league, having seem them as little brother our whole lives and so any time we dotn spank them is seen as a disaster)

If the last few weeks has taught us anythijng, its that you have to turn up, otherwise you get beat. we thought it was impossinle to concede let alone lose to the shambles that are sunderland and burton.. yet we managed to ship 7 goals to sides who havent scored goals against anyone.. all season

So your saying ,GR cant motivate a team when playing the likes of Burton and Sunderland when we have everything to play for. And can't organise or motivate a team against the likes of Wolves. Well what is he good at? Our best players this season Carson , keogh ,vydra all from previous managers. We've seen Ince, Hughes and Martin out  for the likes of Lawrence and Jerome ? 

Sorry when teams like Sunderland and Burton can embarrass us like they have and we put in displays like we have at Preston and Wolves something is wrong and obviously not being addressed?

16 minutes ago, europia said:

Hmm, I think you will find that McClaren does also have a fair amount of success on his CV (along with not so successful) 

so what you said Warburton didnt do much at forest abd i just pointing out mac didnt do anything for them as well! 1 job doesnt mean anything 

Alternative, must be warburton under what he was told at forest to bring through youth. Regardless of what’s happened in the last few seasons Wassall has some good players who will/and have started knocking on the door. 

Having said that and I’ve mentioned it before, Mel spends his money on a tried and tested internationally respected manager. 

4 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

so what you said Warburton didnt do much at forest abd i just pointing out mac didnt do anything for them as well! 1 job doesnt mean anything 

My intended point was:  What has Warburton done in football? Apologies for the ambiguity. 

5 minutes ago, europia said:

My intended point was:  What has Warburton done in football? Apologies for the ambiguity. 

got average brentford team to become a very good and difficult to beat championship club which is what we are suppose to be under rowett 

2 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

I was extremely critical of Wassall when he was the manager but I'd say **** it, give him a go.

Hasn't got a clue.

Archived