Waffle

2 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Manager: Slaven Bilić

Director of Football : Igor Stimac

No way anybody with a past derby connection ,

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't get rid of Gary even if the last few games have been horrific to watch. I am as sick of changing managers as I am of our recent play style. Even if I find the games hard to watch I would still keep Rowett through to next season.

Also don't want to add another manager to our list of people receiving compensation from us- would rather have some money left to spend on players.

24 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Im not interesting in an alternative, and neither is Mel thankgod.

Please please lets not make mistakes of the past, just because we havent turned up against Burton (which might i add, we never do)

must be because as a club we see them as non league, having seem them as little brother our whole lives and so any time we dotn spank them is seen as a disaster)

If the last few weeks has taught us anythijng, its that you have to turn up, otherwise you get beat. we thought it was impossinle to concede let alone lose to the shambles that are sunderland and burton.. yet we managed to ship 7 goals to sides who havent scored goals against anyone.. all season

I agree with the sentiment of 'sticking' with a manager.    We should have done it previously.  However, Rowett is not the one to stick with.  You cannot hand on heart walk away from the ground and think 'oh we outplayed them and they scored a lucky goal' or think 'give this young team another year'.  These are mercenaries looking for their last pay day.

It is not just because we have not turned up against Burton.  We have only won 4 league games in 2018.  That is relegation form.  Anlayse the teams we beat. Birmingham who could not buy a win, under a poor manager.  Brentford who played the best part of an hour with 10 men.  Bolton with one league win away in the championship in their last 47 attempts (at this level).  The Preston game was poor and decided by a free kick.  

Despite Bryson, Martin and Russell going out.  They would easily get into this starting line up.

1 minute ago, GrimsbyRam said:

I agree with the sentiment of 'sticking' with a manager.    We should have done it previously.  However, Rowett is not the one to stick with.  You cannot hand on heart walk away from the ground and think 'oh we outplayed them and they scored a lucky goal' or think 'give this young team another year'.  These are mercenaries looking for their last pay day.

It is not just because we have not turned up against Burton.  We have only won 4 league games in 2018.  That is relegation form.  Anlayse the teams we beat. Birmingham who could not but a win, under a poor manager.  Brentford who played the best part of an hour with 10 men.  Bolton with one league win away in the championship in their last 47 attempts (at this level).  The Preston game was poor and decided by a free kick.  

Despite Bryson, Martin and Russell going out.  They would easily get into this starting line up.

I don't think Rowett would pick Bryson or Martin even if they were here. They don't fit the way he plays and he doesn't seem prepared to change that.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't think Rowett would pick Bryson or Martin even if they were here. They don't fit the way he plays and he doesn't seem prepared to change that.

I am not saying Rowett would.  I am just evidencing he has not improved the squad.  Russell was our 'best' winger.  Bryson our most mobile midfielder and Martin the most likely to control the 'hoofball'

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

I am not saying Rowett would.  I am just evidencing he has not improved the squad.  Russell was our 'best' winger.  Bryson our most mobile midfielder and Martin the most likely to control the 'hoofball'

Totally agree with you.

26 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

It is not just because we have not turned up against Burton.  We have only won 4 league games in 2018.  That is relegation form.  Anlayse the teams we beat. Birmingham who could not buy a win, under a poor manager.  Brentford who played the best part of an hour with 10 men.  Bolton with one league win away in the championship in their last 47 attempts (at this level).  The Preston game was poor and decided by a free kick.  

Says everything about Rowetts Derby. 

Fix it Mel!

Marco Silva for me. Really wanted Rowett to work. But it isnt. Simple as. 3 transfer windows and all we've got is 30+ cack with no sell on value. All having 1 last payday. We need a fresh ideology. Scouting/recruitment defo needs to to be sorted. Anyone who watches football knows what the likes of jermone etc is going to bring to to the table. I would had rather him take a punt on Will Grigg. Money sent over the same as signing jerome wouldnt that different and if he failed we'd still get re-sale value. 

I love derby like we all do on here but carry on with rowett and next season will be worse. We know that. 

You know when winning feels hollow and empty because the game has bored you shitless and you can't shake the feeling that the team is fragile and if the ball bounced differently then the winning will stop and your left with boring defeats and hollow draws? 

Then almost anyone is better.

I'm not speaking for our fanbase. Just for myself. I don't want to watch Derby on a Saturday because there's no fun in our game. Organisation? Yep. Hard work? Yep. Fun? Nah. 

If I wanted to be frustrated and irritable then I'd save my money on football and go to work to earn money. Football is one of those hobbies that isn't always fun. But when it's never fun then there's something wrong.

I'm 100% sure I'm not alone in this. I've seen others hint and outright say as much.

What makes me curious is how many watch out of habit. How many jump up and celebrate the victory at full time and go home with an extra skip in their step. Or do you have to convince yourself that enjoyment is right around the corner? As your sat in traffic is there a little voice you try to ignore telling you that match day is a chore? 

I don't see Rowett changing. This was his style at Brum and it's been his style for a season and a half is it now?

He may still get us promoted but then I don't like the idea of this reactive football in the PL. 

I guess it depends how you see football. I can sort of enjoy a game that Derby lose. If we've played well and there's been some really skilful stuff but we've lost then I still take something from the game. Anger and frustration for sure. But maybe a slight bit of feeling entertained and a touch of hope that the bounce of the ball could change. 

I just someone who has played fun stuff and had some joy with it. Doesn't bother me if they come from the local park. Just want some energy. And I don't mean Weimann skipping around.

1 minute ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Marco Silva for me. Really wanted Rowett to work. But it isnt. Simple as. 3 transfer windows and all we've got is 30+ cack with no sell on value. All having 1 last payday. We need a fresh ideology. Scouting/recruitment defo needs to to be sorted. Anyone who watches football knows what the likes of jermone etc is going to bring to to the table. I would had rather him take a punt on Will Grigg. Money sent over the same as signing jerome wouldnt that different and if he failed we'd still get re-sale value. 

I love derby like we all do on here but carry on with rowett and next season will be worse. We know that. 

Mel should be setting the vision and transfer policy though, surely? Rowett wouldn’t have taken these decisions alone. The transfer policy and constant change of managers since Mel arrived has got us in this mess. 

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You know when winning feels hollow and empty because the game has bored you shitless and you can't shake the feeling that the team is fragile and if the ball bounced differently then the winning will stop and your left with boring defeats and hollow draws? 

Then almost anyone is better.

I'm not speaking for our fanbase. Just for myself. I don't want to watch Derby on a Saturday because there's no fun in our game. Organisation? Yep. Hard work? Yep. Fun? Nah. 

If I wanted to be frustrated and irritable then I'd save my money on football and go to work to earn money. Football is one of those hobbies that isn't always fun. But when it's never fun then there's something wrong.

I'm 100% sure I'm not alone in this. I've seen others hint and outright say as much.

What makes me curious is how many watch out of habit. How many jump up and celebrate the victory at full time and go home with an extra skip in their step. Or do you have to convince yourself that enjoyment is right around the corner? As your sat in traffic is there a little voice you try to ignore telling you that match day is a chore? 

I don't see Rowett changing. This was his style at Brum and it's been his style for a season and a half is it now?

He may still get us promoted but then I don't like the idea of this reactive football in the PL. 

I guess it depends how you see football. I can sort of enjoy a game that Derby lose. If we've played well and there's been some really skilful stuff but we've lost then I still take something from the game. Anger and frustration for sure. But maybe a slight bit of feeling entertained and a touch of hope that the bounce of the ball could change. 

I just someone who has played fun stuff and had some joy with it. Doesn't bother me if they come from the local park. Just want some energy. And I don't mean Weimann skipping around.

Didn't see the hard work bit either this week Alpha. Sooo damn hard to watch us right now. 

10 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Didn't see the hard work bit either this week Alpha. Sooo damn hard to watch us right now. 

Yeah, I guess there's a bit of doubts creeping into the team? A lack of belief in what they're doing? Or some of them are just mardy cnuts that want the team to serve them before they dig in.

Archived