The Alternative

Waffle

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Wassell did a remarkably good job in hindsight.

I wonder if he would be welcomed more fondly by the fans for the last few games of the season.

I suspect he might be after the past few games.

I actually misread and thought it was another mcclaren suggestion. Wassall did  ok to be fair. I think if he came in though he’d have to be given a fair go, more than caretaker role, not fair on him to do the stand in role again.

But even with Wass, these players let him down in the key moments, same as they let Mac down and now Rowett.

I don’t think the manager is our biggest problem and until all of those 15/16 signings are gone (except Carson) whoever comes in won’t move us forward.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, europia said:

I think we need to be a bit more than that. I've nothing against Warburton, just not my idea of what we require. We need is a Sean Dyche. Where we find such a manager willing to come in and take on the poisoned chalice.... I know not. 

yes sean dyche is ideal but you find me sean dyche mk2 then we will have him but whilst you do that  we need a replacement for rowett 

9 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I actually misread and thought it was another mcclaren suggestion. Wassall did  ok to be fair. I think if he came in though he’d have to be given a fair go, more than caretaker role, not fair on him to do the stand in role again.

But even with Wass, these players let him down in the key moments, same as they let Mac down and now Rowett.

I don’t think the manager is our biggest problem and until all of those 15/16 signings are gone (except Carson) whoever comes in won’t move us forward.

rowetts signings are worst then 15/16 signings thats saying something 

4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah yeah I know we all want Gary to be successful and nobody wants a manager merry go round... stability and all that. But if we don't beat Middlesborough then Gary's time must be up - so... who next?

(Haters gonna hate).

I don't think Mel will do anything until the end of the season whatever happens against Boro.

13 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Simpson as manager, Shteve as DoF.

I'm tempted to start a thread where we collectively write a fictional football season with this as the backdrop. We narrowly win the league on the last game of the season on goal difference after coming back from 2 goals down to beat Forest 5-2. Martin hat trick. 

20 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I don't think Mel will do anything until the end of the season whatever happens against Boro.

I don't think he'll do anything then tbh. We'll hear a big spiel something about going back to basics and bringing through youngsters, and Rowett will be allowed to do to the U23s and U18s what he's done to the first team, so we'll have lines of progression.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't think he'll do anything then tbh. We'll hear a big spiel something about going back to basics and bringing through youngsters, and Rowett will be allowed to do to the U23s and U18s what he's done to the first team, so we'll have lines of progression.

I hope you're not right but if you are it'll be lines of regression I reckon!

Mel won’t do anything, just reading his statement when sacking SM highlights how far we have come......

The club statement said: “Since the turn of the year we have experienced a significant, unexpected and persistent decline in results, team unity and morale. Our form over the last 10 games would place us above the relegation group by goal difference alone. The 3-0 defeat at Brighton & Hove Albion on Friday, combined with Saturday’s results, means with nine games remaining the side is 10 points adrift of a place in the Championship’s top six.”

Morris added: “Steve is a great coach, we have very talented players and first-class facilities but the heartbeat, commitment, focus and passion has been lacking something fundamental. The Brighton game on Friday night was so far from what we expect to see from those wearing a Derby County shirt”

“To ensure we are on the right path, it is important to put the building blocks in place so we can develop a team we can all be proud of. Players should wear the shirt with pride and share, espouse and exude the qualities and values we believe are important to the club, its supporters and the community. We need a manager who shares our values and who is prepared to develop the team, staff and processes that will set us on course for a sustainable place in the Premier League.”

24 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I'm tempted to start a thread where we collectively write a fictional football season with this as the backdrop. We narrowly win the league on the last game of the season on goal difference after coming back from 2 goals down to beat Forest 5-2. Martin hat trick. 

In comic book style? I'm in.

Archived