The Alternative

Waffle

23 minutes ago, archied said:

Come on you are being obtuse ,, the owner is always the ultimate DOF , you can put as many removed levels in as you want with as many fancy modern titles as you want but it doesn’t change the fact that the owner builds a club on his own vision 

As I said, lets not bother with a manager then - would cut out any wasted vitriol! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

3-0 up away at Rotherham until the last 10 minutes, then drawing 3-3 says otherwise.

Losing to Burton... edit: Burton reserves

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Doesn’t mean he know owt about football!!! Does he know the difference between a box to box midfielder and DM ??

hes a money man!!!

I’m sure he knows the difference between a 21 year old prospect and a 31 year old comming to the end of his career and I’m sure he knows that to fill your club with only one or the other is not the best idea and even more so to fill your club with the later is by far the worst idea in terms of team building and club building ,,, once you are past that distinction then yes you have pretty much got to chose a dof or manager you trust and in the main set his budget and let him crack on 

2 minutes ago, archied said:

I’m sure he knows the difference between a 21 year old prospect and a 31 year old comming to the end of his career and I’m sure he knows that to fill your club with only one or the other is not the best idea and even more so to fill your club with the later is by far the worst idea in terms of team building and club building ,,,

*confused* but isn't that just what he's let Rowett do?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

*confused* but isn't that just what he's let Rowett do?

Confused is a state of mind I don’t ever see you seeing yourself in ,,, but I will humour you if that’s the game you enjoy

why does any manger not reach the end of his contract ?

well pretty much it’s because the owner at some point for some reason loses faith in what the manger is doing and the route he is going , fair comment ,clear and unconfusing?

now if rowetts vision for next season/window is bringing in more players comming towards the end of their careers he may well feel they are on a different wavelength and want to part company ,

on the other hand if he turns up with a list of well scouted young hungry prospects he may well feel he is on the right track and trust him to carry on 

surely you are still not confused derrrrr?

2 hours ago, archied said:

now if rowetts vision for next season/window is bringing in more players comming towards the end of their careers he may well feel they are on a different wavelength and want to part company...

Okay that was the bit missing. So Mel has let Rowett buy older players this season but not next is your opinion?

See I would think he'd be looking for players that fit his plan anyway. But true we are being given BIG hints that youth is what we're getting next season and lower expectations. I was hoping for youth and the same expectations, but you can't have everything! :lol:

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Okay that was the bit missing. So Mel has let Rowett buy older players this season but not next is your opinion?

See I would think he'd be looking for players that fit his plan anyway. But true we are being given BIG hints that youth is what we're getting next season and lower expectations. I was hoping for youth and the same expectations, but you can't have everything! :lol:

As I say I can only speak for myself but if I was in mels shoes at this point I would be very worried if players of the age ranges of hudds ,Davies ,jerome and Ledley were the type rowett was looking to bring in in the summer window ,, I’m ok with some older experienced players being brought in as I believe the best teams ( certainly at the building stage) need the right blend of youth and experience ,, now if we are truly at the midway point in a rebuild and the experience brought in is now going to be complemented by some good young energetic ambitious players then I can feel comfortable with that but if rowetts list is more of the same then I would be seriously thinking about parting company ,

perhaps part of the thinking was that our more senior players when rowett arrived had in the main only experienced failing in promotion races and carried the same kind of scars as us fans ,, it’s just a thought ,,

So reading through this thread, we need a manager to clear out the squad, whilst balancing that with not getting rid of the players we think we should keep.

Said in all seriousness too. How can you criticise for moving Martin, Bryson and co out, while saying he needs to move these players on in the next breath(keystroke?)

Entitlement...we bought in experience to get us through this season and next, while we get rid of the overpriced and overrated. What's your problem with that?

On 15/04/2018 at 18:45, Derbylad92 said:

rowetts signings are worst then 15/16 signings thats saying something 

Not sure how you can justify that statement.

Rowett signings - Davies, Huddlestone, Wisdom, Ledley, Winnall, Lawrence, Palmer, Jerome. Out of those you can argue Jerome, Palmer and maybe Wisdom haven’t worked. So that’s 5/8 worst case. Wisdom has shown quality and will do again, Palmer is quality but did we need him? So I think 6/8. In terms of age, the older players signed on short contracts they will be gone end of next season. They won’t be the millstones Rowett and Mcclaren had to contend with. 

Clement 15/16

Ince - good signing

Carson - quality 

Baird - up and down but overall good. 

Bent - 30+ yet got a 3 year deal effectively on big money

Shackell - 30+ big transfer fee 3 year deal - didn’t live up to it! Poor signing 

Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Camara, Olsson, Weimann - sizeable transfer fees and wages - all poor

I make that 3 successes out of 11 signings and I’ve probably missed some!

So Rowett’s signings are worst than 15/16?

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not sure how you can justify that statement.

Rowett signings - Davies, Huddlestone, Wisdom, Ledley, Winnall, Lawrence, Palmer, Jerome. Out of those you can argue Jerome, Palmer and maybe Wisdom haven’t worked. So that’s 5/8 worst case. Wisdom has shown quality and will do again, Palmer is quality but did we need him? So I think 6/8. In terms of age, the older players signed on short contracts they will be gone end of next season. They won’t be the millstones Rowett and Mcclaren had to contend with. 

Clement 15/16

Ince - good signing

Carson - quality 

Baird - up and down but overall good. 

Bent - 30+ yet got a 3 year deal effectively on big money

Shackell - 30+ big transfer fee 3 year deal - didn’t live up to it! Poor signing 

Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Camara, Olsson, Weimann - sizeable transfer fees and wages - all poor

I make that 3 successes out of 11 signings and I’ve probably missed some!

So Rowett’s signings are worst than 15/16?

Ince - good signing - better then we got 

Carson - quality - no1 

Baird - up and down but overall good. (knocked wisdom out the team, only reasons hes back is because lb is so poor) 

Bent - 30+ yet got a 3 year deal effectively on big money (unlucky with injury better then jerome 

Shackell - 30+ big transfer fee 3 year deal - didn’t live up to it! Poor signing (would of been a good signing if it want for injury)

Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Camara, Olsson, Weimann - sizeable transfer fees and wages - all poor because of sam rush which is in court 

but the difference is they never sokd our better players ,eg ince hughes loaned bryson martin so looking at these DOWNHILL! no matter what you say 

2 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

Ince - good signing - better then we got 

Carson - quality - no1 

Baird - up and down but overall good. (knocked wisdom out the team, only reasons hes back is because lb is so poor) 

Bent - 30+ yet got a 3 year deal effectively on big money (unlucky with injury better then jerome 

Shackell - 30+ big transfer fee 3 year deal - didn’t live up to it! Poor signing (would of been a good signing if it want for injury)

Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Camara, Olsson, Weimann - sizeable transfer fees and wages - all poor because of sam rush which is in court 

but the difference is they never sokd our better players ,eg ince hughes loaned bryson martin so looking at these DOWNHILL! no matter what you say 

Difference then perhaps they did not have to sell to buy then? 

Archived