18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Hyam, Grimmer and Baybliss from Coventry. Looking good tonight. Linked to the latter in January?

Did Jack Grimmer play well? 

He seems to have found his level after spending seasons in Fulham reserves after moving south. He was touted for big things as a youngster but left Aberdeen to chase £ at Fulham. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

So many people mentioning Souter, a better centre half with potential is Kevin McKenna. 

Soutter or McKenna will cost £2m though, so im not sure Derby have that money to spend on unproven young players. 

Scott McKenna (Aberdeen) ?

PistoldPete2
On 18/05/2018 at 21:28, Carnero said:

Another one of Cloughie's spots ?

He was supposed to sign for us but it fell though on transfer deadline day.

I think we should try and raid Sunderland if we can. McNair would be a great acquisition, just what we’re missing in midfield and have missed since Hendrick left. Reckon loads of teams will be after him, might be too expensive for us but definitely worth a punt. Honeyman looks decent also.

We're in a really tricky position, and I doubt we'll be challenging next season if we don't see a lot of movement in the window. It's a bit of fun but...

Blackman to Maccabi Tel Aviv. Vydra should fetch £15 million in the current market and given his cost.

Look to move on Anya - overrated even as a utility player - Butterfield, Martin, Forsyth, Johnson and Nugent. It'll be a case of taking what we can get with this lot. I've loved watching Nuge this season, but we need new strikers desperately and Jerome has only just joined.

We desperately need a left back and with Burnley after Bryan, Charlie Taylor is likely to be available. Up top I'd look to bring in Jack Marriott (prolific and only 23 years old) and Mo Eisa, more as a back up / wildcard. Roughly £6 million for the two of them.

Bersant Celina is a hard worker and oozes talent, the sort of playmaker we're crying out for in the final third. In on loan. Marcus Maddison is another determined, younger player. Looking abroad may be the answer, as it is a position we are desperate for a new talent in.

Ben Pearson or Ryan Woods are two great options in the middle, the latter is criminally underrated.

4-2-3-1 Carson;  Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Taylor;  Woods, Huddlestone;  Maddison, Celina, Lawrence;  Marriott

Luke Thomas, Max Lowe, Timi Elsnik, Callum Guy and Mason Bennett will hopefully prove themselves in pre-season, as now is the time to start winning first team appearances, and they're all close.

Ultimately, the fee we demand for Vydra could determine the success of our window and the strength of our future starting eleven.

On 20/05/2018 at 11:46, SouthernRam said:

We're in a really tricky position, and I doubt we'll be challenging next season if we don't see a lot of movement in the window. It's a bit of fun but...

Blackman to Maccabi Tel Aviv. Vydra should fetch £15 million in the current market and given his cost.

Look to move on Anya - overrated even as a utility player - Butterfield, Martin, Forsyth, Johnson and Nugent. It'll be a case of taking what we can get with this lot. I've loved watching Nuge this season, but we need new strikers desperately and Jerome has only just joined.

We desperately need a left back and with Burnley after Bryan, Charlie Taylor is likely to be available. Up top I'd look to bring in Jack Marriott (prolific and only 23 years old) and Mo Eisa, more as a back up / wildcard. Roughly £6 million for the two of them.

Bersant Celina is a hard worker and oozes talent, the sort of playmaker we're crying out for in the final third. In on loan. Marcus Maddison is another determined, younger player. Looking abroad may be the answer, as it is a position we are desperate for a new talent in.

Ben Pearson or Ryan Woods are two great options in the middle, the latter is criminally underrated.

4-2-3-1 Carson;  Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Taylor;  Woods, Huddlestone;  Maddison, Celina, Lawrence;  Marriott

Luke Thomas, Max Lowe, Timi Elsnik, Callum Guy and Mason Bennett will hopefully prove themselves in pre-season, as now is the time to start winning first team appearances, and they're all close.

Ultimately, the fee we demand for Vydra could determine the success of our window and the strength of our future starting eleven.

Don't think Burnley have any plans to sell Taylor but if it happens I doubt if it would be less than the £6 million paid for him.

Ward has been superb again this season but turns 33 in August.

Archived