18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

On 11/05/2018 at 11:02, Mr Giggles said:

Great suggestion - mentioned him on here more than once...

Looks to be a great young midfielder, dropped down from Everton to Oxford, shows that he is willing to prove his self.

Won loads of awards this year from Oxford too. Would be a great acquisition.

Seen this beauty?!? ?

Just looked on Transfermarkt and has the same Agency as some serious players... https://www.transfermarkt.com/stellar-football-ltd/beraterfirma/berater/190

Must think he's got something

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Still, I reckon that he has matured...

Wouldn't be a bad signing anyway

I'd think he would be a good signing! Yes the video was circa 2 years ago so of course he'll have matured including the step up from u23s to League 1.

He was voted Oxford's supporters player and young player of the year https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/april/awards-evening/

1 minute ago, bornandbredram94 said:

I'd think he would be a good signing! Yes the video was circa 2 years ago so of course he'll have matured including the step up from u23s to League 1.

He was voted Oxford's player and young player of the year https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/april/awards-evening/

Thought you were trying to de - rail the hype train for Ledson! 

Young and mature, surely he will be hungry too! Exactly what we need IMO 

I think most fans are resigned to Vydra being sold and ,in view of this season’s goals,he’d command close to £10 million in today’s market.Bent,Shackell and Baird all leave soon,not sure about Ledley’s contract length? I reckon Martin ,Butterfield,Bryson and Butterfield will all go as well.Bring in Lowe,Thomas and Elsnik to the squad and invest the Vydra money in 3/4 decent signings plus a couple of decent loans and the squad may look a lot healthier by late August. I’ve said from the start of Rowett’s tenure that he needed at least 3 transfer windows to put his stamp on the squad.The Championship gets tougher each year and the recruitment has to be spot on this time.Fingers crossed!

42 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

I think most fans are resigned to Vydra being sold and ,in view of this season’s goals,he’d command close to £10 million in today’s market.Bent,Shackell and Baird all leave soon,not sure about Ledley’s contract length? I reckon Martin ,Butterfield,Bryson and Butterfield will all go as well.Bring in Lowe,Thomas and Elsnik to the squad and invest the Vydra money in 3/4 decent signings plus a couple of decent loans and the squad may look a lot healthier by late August. I’ve said from the start of Rowett’s tenure that he needed at least 3 transfer windows to put his stamp on the squad.The Championship gets tougher each year and the recruitment has to be spot on this time.Fingers crossed!

we only got him for near enough that. would hope after finishing top goalscorer he would add on a few more million at least

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

I can see Martin and maybe even Keogh going QPR if McClaren does go there. If Lambert stays in charge of Stoke I wouldnt be shocked to see him come back in for Weimann, had him at Villa then signed him for Wolves.

Id expect 10m+ for Vydra, we paid 8m for him on the back of a few average seasons, he has finished the leagues top scorer so we should command a much higher fee than we paid

If it was down to me, I'd be using this summer to build towards a 4-3-3 team again(where our most successive recent period came in) and base any signings around the template I'm about to use:

Carson

*New          Wisdom        Davies       *New

Huddlestone

*New                       *New

*New                *New           Lawrence

Back-up team(including many under 23s to save money):

Roos

Bogle       Pearce      Forsyth     Lowe

Thorne

Elsnik               Guy

Weimann        Jerome           Thomas

Suggestions:

Right back: Nsue

Left back : Knudsen

Centre mids: Josh Brownhill and Palmer(loan)

Right wing: Marcus Maddison

Striker: Lee Gregory

Which leaves a team of:

Carson

Nsue      Wisdom  Davies  Knudsen

Huddlestone

Brownhill          Palmer

Maddison        Gregory          Lawrence

It's not perfect, but we would be better balanced and have overlapping full backs and energy in the midfield. That team wouldn't cost a lot either if we sell the likes of Vydra, Keogh, Johnson, Nugent, Bryson, Anya, Ledley, Martin-even if we take financial hits on them. Then the likes of Bent, Shackell and Baird being released to save on wages due to their contracts ending.

Butterfield is the one who is unlikely to have any suitors so he may be an issue. Blackman's another one, although the team he is currently at may make his deal permanent.

Archived