18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

2 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Ive been waiting to see Lindsay all season and sods law I couldn't go. 

How did he play on Sunday?  

Wasn't great to be fair, but the same could be said for a lot of those Barnsley players. They all looked absolutely exhausted from about ten minutes in.

I've seen him play a few times this season and have been very impressed. Reminds me a bit of John Stones in the way he likes to play the ball. Strong and tall too. Maybe not the most mobile. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wasn't great to be fair, but the same could be said for a lot of those Barnsley players. They all looked absolutely exhausted from about ten minutes in.

I've seen him play a few times this season and have been very impressed. Reminds me a bit of John Stones in the way he likes to play the ball. Strong and tall too. Maybe not the most mobile. 

Cheers, I hope he sticks at it in England and doesnt take the easy option to go back up North in the summer. 

Stevie Mallan was touted for big things and went to Barnsley in the summer but has struggled to get a game. He might head home to either Hibs Hearts or Aberdeen. 

14 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Cheers, I hope he sticks at it in England and doesnt take the easy option to go back up North in the summer. 

Stevie Mallan was touted for big things and went to Barnsley in the summer but has struggled to get a game. He might head home to either Hibs Hearts or Aberdeen. 

Always welcome at Rangers ?

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Give it a few years and then we'll go in for him. Too young at the moment ?

I was going to say that the old ones are the best eh, but then I thought I'd revert to, 'ah, the joke that keeps on giving' instead. Doubtless the reasoning is clear.

43 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Where would he fit in this team? Maybe work if we sold Vydra but otherwise would be coming back to the same problem of being stuck out on the wing again. 

Stuck out on the wing? Wasn’t that bad on the wing for us with goals and assists was he? 

Just now, BuckoBeast said:

Stuck out on the wing? Wasn’t that bad on the wing for us with goals and assists was he? 

One of the reasons he left though, he wanted to play down the middle (which he rightly or wrongly believed to be his best position). Can't see his style of play working on the wing either, our wingers this year seem to play to set up the strikers, Ince seemed to be better when he went for goal himself 

32 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

One of the reasons he left though, he wanted to play down the middle (which he rightly or wrongly believed to be his best position). 

Never heard him say that, in fact quite the opposite

“I have always based my game around Ryan and being an old-fashioned winger, so United has always been a club I have looked  at,” he says. “It would be a dream of mine to play for them one day.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/tom-ince-interview-it-would-be-a-dream-to-play-for-manchester-united-one-day-a6839946.html

Archived