Derby & Forest joint statement on social media posts

Day

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, David said:

Depends, was it a proper aerial or a metal coat hanger? 

Proper of course ,true this we had the only black and white BBC only tv in the whole street .The only reason we could afford it was my mum and dad lived with my grandad and grandma so we had two working mens wages in the house .Don't know you're born you young un's 

1 hour ago, David said:

Aye, unfortunately we have to put up with all you old farts invading the internet telling us how good it was back in your day, those stories used to be limited to an hour round Grandads with a biscuit. 

Now remind me, how did you change TV channels back in the day?

Ageist.

8 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Proper of course ,true this we had the only black and white BBC only tv in the whole street .The only reason we could afford it was my mum and dad lived with my grandad and grandma so we had two working mens wages in the house .Don't know you're born you young un's 

I've used the black and white filter on Instagram a few times so I have a rough idea what it was like back then

29 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

SCABS.....

This is a very delicate subject. Does one admire a man who would rather face dogs abuse in order to feed his family, whilst turning his back on his colleagues. Or a man who would rather make his wife and children suffer terribly, only to cave in and go back to work, with their tail between their legs a matter of weeks later, embarrassed, defeated and ultimately powerless to stop the pit closures that followed, whilst maintaining his principles??? Hard to call 

5 hours ago, Doodle said:

This is a very delicate subject. Does one admire a man who would rather face dogs abuse in order to feed his family, whilst turning his back on his colleagues. Or a man who would rather make his wife and children suffer terribly, only to cave in and go back to work, with their tail between their legs a matter of weeks later, embarrassed, defeated and ultimately powerless to stop the pit closures that followed, whilst maintaining his principles??? Hard to call 

Mate them that stuck it out can hold their heads high . Yeah it didnt stop the closures but look whats happened to workers rights etc since the strike , thanks Maggie. Once a scab always a scab . 

12 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Forest fans have chanted about Philpott every time since they were found guilty. The only other team's fans who have done that are Milwall. Says it all really

Yeah there was some chanting from the Derby end about Doughty at the time, but as far as I'm aware that was just a one-off and no one around me was joining in

And Leeds

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, philmycock said:

And Leeds

Then again how many times have Leeds heard the chants about jimmy Saville?

11 hours ago, David said:

This is probably aimed more at social media than anything at a guess, when Forest sent a similar tweet out a Birmingham fan thought it would be amusing to directly reply with a tweet about kids. I won't share it, you can probably guess the content. Sums up the intelligence on that platform.

Maybe I'm getting old but Twitter isn't what it used to be, it's huuuuuge now, only way to moderate it is with algorithms which are far from perfect.....even human moderation has it's flaws, ahem.  

It was only "banter" or freedom of speech will only get you so far. 

When you buy a football ticket you are agreeing to the terms and conditions for entry into the ground, sign up to a social media platform you are agreeing to the terms of usage set out.

Many won't/don't like it, but that's how it is.

Human moderation?

I maybe 12 hours late, but I’m here!

Init!

13 hours ago, jagerbob said:

As we have disscussed at length sometime back, the doughty chant came about by a select few who didnt take too kindly to Forest fans reaction to Barker doing himself a serious injury. Without this incident, and their reaction, the Doughty chant would never have started.

Wasn't at this match as working so only second hand  but had three mates at the game  who said prior to the Doughty chant the forest fans were directing abuse at Savage about his dad having dementia as well .   All unpleasant stuff to be honest.

10 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

The only abuse I have suffered at a match was after the Forest away game last season. I was walking away from the ground and was given a certain hand signal by a bloke in a car driving past. Fair enough, he may be a good judge of character. What really got me though, was from the top he was wearing, he was a Derby fan. Getting grief off someone who I assume thought I was a Forest supporter was a bit much.

A bloke I used to work with moved to Derby from Exeter .  He got a load of grief of some Derby fans on his first day in the city wearing a an Exeter city scarf on Burton Road . Never wear a red and white scarf in derby probably the moral of the story here.

Most unpleasant experience for me - and theres been a few over the years -was after the Preston play off match. I was walking under Friargate bridge and some arse leaned out of a car window , screamed Youl Mawene is god  and threw a can of what I assumed was lager but turned out to be piss at me . It capped of a wonderful evening and its a good job for him he was in a car .

22 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Better take the Kenny you are so funny thread down then boys plenty of abuse on there .[Thoroughly deserved I might add]

Why what’s Kenny Rogers done this time?

Ive noticed that he is a real bad influence and could be deemed to be inciting violence with his “coward of the county” lyrics. 

Come on Kenny behave yourself ???

On 09/03/2018 at 09:04, RaichCarter said:

Abuse is fine too - just depends on the topic. Obviously some stuff is just in ooor taste and shows a distinct lack of class but abusing Flosrist fans, excluding the obvious topics, is good sport. 

I hope we don’t chant the nasty stuff and if they do, we’ll come out of it so much better by not retaliating  

Fair point 

Archived