Derby & Forest joint statement on social media posts

Day

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

How about forest chanting about leaving shuarn barker for dead when he broke his leg.

You are right, one doesn't excuse the other though.

I always thought the docherty chants were in response to forest chanting about savages dad and thats where its escalsted from although i maybbe wrong 

chants about docherty, philapot & anything of that nature is completely wrong & anyone taking part should be banned

On 09/03/2018 at 09:40, King Kevin said:

Better take the Kenny you are so funny thread down then boys plenty of abuse on there .[Thoroughly deserved I might add]

You got me thinking on this, I mean if someone starts calling Kenny fat and round are they technically speaking out of order or just stating fact?

Now if they said he was talking out of his back passage, well it’s a difficult one to prove but he’s certainly full of something :whistle:

17 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Wasn't at this match as working so only second hand  but had three mates at the game  who said prior to the Doughty chant the forest fans were directing abuse at Savage about his dad having dementia as well .   All unpleasant stuff to be honest.

They cheered when Barker went down, with his hand in the air, and everyone on the field knew it was bad, and his leg was broken.

Our recation was to boo their reaction, and then what followed was just pockets of supproters going with the Doughty chant, which in term got booed by sections, as many fans thought the Doughty chant was a step too far.

52 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

'Pay your tax, pay your tax

Boots the Chemist 

Pay your tax, pay your tax, I say

Pay your tax, pay your tax

Boots the Chemist

Is tax dodging just the Nottingham way'?

https://www.medact.org/project/alliance-boots-campaign/

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2016/apr/13/how-boots-went-rogue

Doesn't Alliance Boots have its operations headquarters in Switzerland? 

10 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Doesn't Alliance Boots have its operations headquarters in Switzerland? 

It does indeed, should we wait until playing Basel in the Europa Cup to unleash the chant?

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

It does indeed, should we wait until playing Basel in the Europa Cup to unleash the chant?

No just pointing out that the original post has no relevance to Nottingham given that Alliance Boots are a multinational company.

Ack, some folk have no taste but for me it's more about intent and where it's done. 

Do you want to spark a violent reaction or do you want to snigger with your mates behind the bike sheds ?

i don't like any of the "perve" related chants but instinctively don't like the idea of banning words. .. It's where, when and how they are delivered. 

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

No just pointing out that the original post has no relevance to Nottingham given that Alliance Boots are a multinational company.

I sing the “ we’re by far the greatest team the world has ever seen” song. Chants don’t always have to be 100% factually correct 

8 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

So they dont use Boots the Chemist, Nottingham as part of their corporate identity?

Just now, Doodle said:

I sing the “ we’re by far the greatest team the world has ever seen” song. Chants don’t always have to be 100% factually correct 

Quite so but when someone posts an article linking a purported Nottingham company evading corporate tax when in fact the same company headquarters are in Switzerland then this is just wrong.

9 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Quite so but when someone posts an article linking a purported Nottingham company evading corporate tax when in fact the same company headquarters are in Switzerland then this is just wrong.

Founded in Nottingham, grounded in Nottingham, roads named after them in Nottingham, a massive workforce based in Nottingham, a university built on donations from their founder, who was from Nottingham. 

If you have a pig, but move it to live in a Cowshed, its still a pig, no?

Archived