Derby & Forest joint statement on social media posts

Day

16 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Founded in Nottingham, grounded in Nottingham, roads named after them in Nottingham, a massive workforce based in Nottingham, a university built on donations from their founder, who was from Nottingham. 

If you have a pig, but move it to live in a Cowshed, its still a pig, no?

I live in Nottingham and worked for Boots for a number of years. By your implication therefore I am also a tax dodger.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I live in Nottingham and worked for Boots for a number of years. By your implication therefore I am also a tax dodger.

Ffs, it was a light hearted, non offensive chant aimed at Nottingham as a whole, not at you in particular. 

On 3/10/2018 at 23:04, Inglorius said:

No, because you're not a pig. You pay your tax and NI here. They don't pay all of the tax on profits they should for trading here - unlike the vast majority of small businesses who don't have the money to set up elaborate tax management schemes. 

Boots are tax dodgers - there's absolutely no point in arguing it. 

The only times I’ve been personally abused at (or more accurately - after) a match was by a female Leicester fan in the car park after the Savage diving for the pen incident. She said she was going to run me over with her car because I called him a cheat. A bit extreme. 

The other time was by 2 Coventry youths who seemed to think mouthing off at a woman was hilarious. Football seems to regress some people  

I think the bad taste chants are wrong but usually you put the purpetrators one-on-one they wouldn’t dream of saying anything. It’s mob bravado. 

12 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

The only times I’ve been personally abused at (or more accurately - after) a match was by a female Leicester fan in the car park after the Savage diving for the pen incident. She said she was going to run me over with her car because I called him a cheat. A bit extreme. 

The other time was by 2 Coventry youths who seemed to think mouthing off at a woman was hilarious. Football seems to regress some people  

I think the bad taste chants are wrong but usually you put the purpetrators one-on-one they wouldn’t dream of saying anything. It’s mob bravado. 

I was at that game. There was a ruck in that extendible tunnel thing at the end and burley shaking savage by the throat for celebrating the pen was brilliant. 

Was in the north stand that day....memories. ...

Didn't come across any deranged women in the car park tho....

Well, apart from mother :lol:

31 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I was at that game. There was a ruck in that extendible tunnel thing at the end and burley shaking savage by the throat for celebrating the pen was brilliant. 

Was in the north stand that day....memories. ...

Didn't come across any deranged women in the car park tho....

Well, apart from mother :lol:

That dive would have been under your nose then! 

7 hours ago, HantsRam said:

10 ft in front or thereabouts. 

The Swan dive following what was a block rackle on the ball was something else.

Far more theatrical than the Cameron jerome one v brizzle that wasn't given!!

It was all the hair flying about making it more dramatic. Always knew he’d turn up on Strictly 

Archived