Derby & Forest joint statement on social media posts

Day

3 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Existentially speaking, we’re all alone. 

Thanks for reminding me!

Which is why I created this wonderful forum to bring us all together, doing my bit for humanity, helps me sleep at night

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I suppose we’ve moved on from the 1970’s. 

We’re now worried about a couple of dozen nerds threatening each other on Facebook rather than a couple of thousand trying to kick each other’s heads in after the match.

It's not called the snowflake generation for nothing.

38 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I suppose we’ve moved on from the 1970’s. 

Aye, unfortunately we have to put up with all you old farts invading the internet telling us how good it was back in your day, those stories used to be limited to an hour round Grandads with a biscuit. 

Now remind me, how did you change TV channels back in the day?

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, David said:

Aye, unfortunately we have to put up with all you old farts invading the internet telling us how good it was back in your day, those stories used to be limited to an hour round Grandads with a biscuit. 

They didnt need to, they only had one.

10 minutes ago, David said:

Got up in the loft and moved the aerial!!?

11 minutes ago, David said:

now young man it was never easy back in day,we had to get to the pub saturday morning on a matchday at 10am  just to guarantee being served you kids you have never lived

3 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

now young man it was never easy back in day,we had to get to the pub saturday morning on a matchday at 10am  just to guarantee being served you kids you have never lived

You're right, if it wasn't for that alcohol I doubt I would even be here today

The only abuse I have suffered at a match was after the Forest away game last season. I was walking away from the ground and was given a certain hand signal by a bloke in a car driving past. Fair enough, he may be a good judge of character. What really got me though, was from the top he was wearing, he was a Derby fan. Getting grief off someone who I assume thought I was a Forest supporter was a bit much.

59 minutes ago, David said:

I would refer you to WALL•E . Relevant viewing to you youngsters. Drive thrus (sic) don’t get me started. I feel more like Unlucky Alf every day. Folk once had to get off their rear ends to fulfil a task. ‘Where’s the remote?’ Never came in to it 

11 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

The only abuse I have suffered at a match was after the Forest away game last season. I was walking away from the ground and was given a certain hand signal by a bloke in a car driving past. Fair enough, he may be a good judge of character. What really got me though, was from the top he was wearing, he was a Derby fan. Getting grief off someone who I assume thought I was a Forest supporter was a bit much.

He must have known you were from Kent? May be you misheard him when he shouted ‘ Hey Kent!’ 

46 minutes ago, David said:

You're right, if it wasn't for that alcohol I doubt I would even be here today

The way we’re playing at the mo if it wasn’t for the alcohol some would leave PP before Kick Off :whistle:

5 minutes ago, SKRam said:

He must have known you were from Kent? May be you misheard him when he shouted ‘ Hey Kent!’ 

Ha! We didn't exchange verbal pleasantries, just hand signals. Made me laugh though at getting such abuse from a Derby fan. Perhaps he just took exception to my soft southern ways.

2 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Ha! We didn't exchange verbal pleasantries, just hand signals. Made me laugh though at getting such abuse from a Derby fan. Perhaps he just took exception to my soft southern ways.

Everything is relative WestKent. Imagine what Carlisle fans think of us:whistle:

Just now, SKRam said:

Everything is relative WestKent. Imagine what Carlisle fans think of us:whistle:

That also makes me chuckle, the Derby fans' indignation when a London club chants 'You dirty northern...' at a slightly rash challenge. 'We're not northern'. Well to me you are, and 'East Midlands' doesn't really scan well.

Archived