Derby & Forest joint statement on social media posts

Day

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I applaud this but it should be a thing all the time. No one should be able to get away with it regardless of the fact its online or they are hidden away in a crowd.

In fairness I don't recall any offensive chanting in recent times, have forest fans ever chanted about the murders in derby? I don't know, and as far as i know the Doughty chant, although appalling was the one occasion. It does make me wonder what they can possibly do though when its something like the Doughty chant that wasn't just a few people. I suppose one way would be to accept you cannot punish hundred or thousands of people, but that an example will be made of  "a number" of fans identified and ban them.

I don't really read twitter so I don't know what gets said on there though, when I have read it it is full of nasty comments on almost any subject, some people lead really sad lives. 

As we have disscussed at length sometime back, the doughty chant came about by a select few who didnt take too kindly to Forest fans reaction to Barker doing himself a serious injury. Without this incident, and their reaction, the Doughty chant would never have started.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably aimed more at social media than anything at a guess, when Forest sent a similar tweet out a Birmingham fan thought it would be amusing to directly reply with a tweet about kids. I won't share it, you can probably guess the content. Sums up the intelligence on that platform.

Maybe I'm getting old but Twitter isn't what it used to be, it's huuuuuge now, only way to moderate it is with algorithms which are far from perfect.....even human moderation has it's flaws, ahem.  

It was only "banter" or freedom of speech will only get you so far. 

When you buy a football ticket you are agreeing to the terms and conditions for entry into the ground, sign up to a social media platform you are agreeing to the terms of usage set out.

Many won't/don't like it, but that's how it is.

1 hour ago, RaichCarter said:

I think that's where the difference lies - the intent. 

I’m sure that’s true when you’re giving it out, but it’s not always so easy to read the intent when you’re on the receiving end. 

I personally really dislike words relating to disabilities as I used to work with special needs kids. It seems to me that the general acceptance and use of words like retard, mong, spastic etc as insults creates a culture of disrespect for those people. 

I don’t have a problem with insulting or abusing people in general, especially at football, I just happen to dislike those words.

My absolute all time favourite chant is the simple you... ****! It’s all in the timing and sounds awesome when everyone’s doing it (apologies to any actual ***** reading this who find it offensive).

Sith Happens
54 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

As we have disscussed at length sometime back, the doughty chant came about by a select few who didnt take too kindly to Forest fans reaction to Barker doing himself a serious injury. Without this incident, and their reaction, the Doughty chant would never have started.

Doesn't excuse it. I was at the game and I actually only knew about the chants about Barker because I was told (on here probably) they had happened, but I did know about the Doughty chant as it wasn't just a select few and was very loud.

Sith Happens
Just now, Lambchop said:

Ha ha, we’re not allowed to say two hat on here, even though we chant it at the ground. 

There is lots of things we cant say on here that we can say at the ground lol.

5 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Ha ha, we’re not allowed to say two hat on here, even though we chant it at the ground. 

I hope that's the royal 'we' - I don't join in any abusive chants and I particularly hate the anti-forest ones that we sing match after match - boring and not clever. Whereas I really like @reveldevil's attempt at a non-offensive chant in this thread - bit like the 'We build your aeroplanes ' one we sang to Chelsea fans. 

Unfortunately, true wit is in short supply on our terraces.  

6 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Guess who didn't read the terms of use when signing up :) 

We have a profanity filter in place, we also ask that members do not try to circumvent it by using creative with their spelling.

This is to keep the forum advertiser friendly, no adverts no forum. And whilst the site is not aimed towards younger viewers we are aware that some may visit.

Looking back when i was a snot nosed kid on the terraces i joined in some horrendous ,mindless chants which even now i truly cringe about.One aimed at the Police ,naming the killer Harry Roberts is one i truly am ashamed of.Nothing to do with the club or football   just mindless as the Doughty was.

Hope for todays snot noses being more responsible than i was.

In the Forest away a few seasons ago when Bryson scored in the 1-0 win I had 2 lads about 18-19 behind me that tried to get the Doughty chant going, they just finished the first line when I told them to stfu and not to even think about singing it. It certainly took them by surprise and didn't mutter it again.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

In the Forest away a few seasons ago when Bryson scored in the 1-0 win I had 2 lads about 18-19 behind me that tried to get the Doughty chant going, they just finished the first line when I told them to stfu and not to even think about singing it. It certainly took them by surprise and didn't mutter it again.

Reckon we can get a couple hundred of nominations for Rynny? https://www.gov.uk/honours/recommend-bravery-award:p 

Archived