Queen’s Park Rangers F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Rowett just isn’t learning. We’ve been sussed out tactically. QPR went 3 at the back to allow them to dominate midfield, again and again teams are altering their usual formation to boss the midfield against us, and it works. He’s got to change, especially against the likes of QPR. We simply don’t need 2 CDM’s especially when ones Johnson. Garys proving to be something of a 1 trick pony. Before anyone asks, I don’t want him sacked, but that was painful to watch. Total waste of time and money 

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not good enough tonight. I think lots of people have overreacted to recent performances. They haven’t been bad and we haven’t had the rub of the green. Tonight however nowhere near the standard.

Autos gone. I think we’re in a scrap with Boro Bristol Preston and Sheff U for 5th and 6th now. 

Sacking the manager would make absolutely no sense. I’d give Rowett another season even if we don’t make playoffs. Need stability. He needs the summer transfer window to really get the squad he wants. After that - no excuses.

I think everyone is worried about Saturday especially with Thorne and Ledley out injured.

7 minutes ago, Saity said:

This sitting back lark is doing my ******* head in!!!! Keep the ball......dictate the game ...qpr are ***** and they have 19 shots !!!! I actually think we'd be embarrassing in the play offs if we make it....I know this is beer fuelled and fresh after a pitiful performance....but I thought we looked clueless !!!! There goal was calamitous ???

Well said.

They were bang average and we barely mustered a shot on goal, this defensive lark against these teams is all well and good but we can’t trucking defend right now.

Almost as if Carson prolonged the inevitable 

So few positive moments bar the run by Palmer. We wasn’t dire second half, we just didn’t threaten their goal enough; once again not killing teams off leads to a bang average draw.

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Give your impatient head a shake. Every year this happens and every year we sack the boss. Has anyone who wants Rowett gone stopped to consider that doing the same thing over and over again might be contributing to the problem?

Impatient,Impatient my god years of watching one of the best supported clubs in the league constantly fail is not being impatient 

This is happening EVERY year as you so eloquently said we are losing to pi$$ poor teams and you say wanting to change is the problem,Jeeesus h,lets just carry on being Cr@p then eh.

PistoldPete2
35 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

See also Sheff utd, Birmingham and Brentford games

Brentford? We won 3-0.

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not good enough tonight. I think lots of people have overreacted to recent performances. They haven’t been bad and we haven’t had the rub of the green. Tonight however nowhere near the standard.

Autos gone. I think we’re in a scrap with Boro Bristol Preston and Sheff U for 5th and 6th now. 

Sacking the manager would make absolutely no sense. I’d give Rowett another season even if we don’t make playoffs. Need stability. He needs the summer transfer window to really get the squad he wants. After that - no excuses.

I think everyone is worried about Saturday especially with Thorne and Ledley out injured.

Saturday not too bothered but Sunday...another thing altogether...

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

We look nowhere near capable of going up, it would be so typical of this league if we actually managed to win the play-offs this year though. Fulham v Derby would have a Derby v QPR feel to it.

Yes! And every time I would prefer to be the 2018 Fulham/May 2014 Derby side. Results aren't everything to me. Sometimes the journey is far more important. 

20 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Another sad evening. I'm a bit down about everything this club has done since Mel came in. While I don't blame him personally at all, we've gone completely backwards. We've gone from being a young hungry free flowing attacking side, to a team of sluggish overpaid championship veterans playing dull defensive football. It started with the appointment of Clement, and the daft signings he made and it's gone downhill since. 

Things weren't that exciting under Clough, but he did an amazing job of trimming the squad down and incorporating our younger players. McClaren took that infrastructure and elevated the performances on the pitch. Clement, Pearson and Rowett have dragged that in multiple different directions while spending millions, leaving us with a disjointed squad of highly paid individuals playing the least entertaining football in the league. I'm bored to death of it.

True.

:(

Just now, wixman1884 said:

Yes! And every time I would prefer to be the 2018 Fulham/May 2014 Derby side. Results aren't everything to me. Sometimes the journey is far more important. 

Being the 2014 Derby side hasn't served us brilliantly though. The potential was there to build but a series of mistakes, poor judgement and knee-jerk reactions has left us where we are today. I just want to get out of this ******* league.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

can you trust rowett in a transfer winfow tho, i dont trust the players he always targets 

I think it all highlights that the ''Derby Way'' doesn't exist. The reason provided for sacking Clement now looks ridiculous, we don't care at all about free flowing football, if we did, why would we hire Rowett who has never provided that? We needed a young progressive manager, instead we got a manager who stylistically matches some of the dinosaur managers in the Premier League.

Archived