Worth a try?

Topram

Nugent didn't have the best of games and it got me thinking when Palmer was on the bench weather it would of been worth a try to push Vydra up and bring Palmer on for Nugent, abit like how Chelsea have hazard up top and Willian, Pedro playing off him and all 3 changing around I feel that with Weimann Lawrence Vydra and Palmer on it would of been 4 tricky and fast players on that could all swap around and cause panic in the Leeds defence? Weimann and Vydra could both play upfront in that 'number 9' role. I'm sure any defence wouldn't enjoy seeing them 4 all rotating whilst coming forward! 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Topram said:

Nugent didn't have the best of games and it got me thinking when Palmer was on the bench weather it would of been worth a try to push Vydra up and bring Palmer on for Nugent, abit like how Chelsea have hazard up top and Willian, Pedro playing off him and all 3 changing around I feel that with Weimann Lawrence Vydra and Palmer on it would of been 4 tricky and fast players on that could all swap around and cause panic in the Leeds defence? Weimann and Vydra could both play upfront in that 'number 9' role. I'm sure any defence wouldn't enjoy seeing them 4 all rotating whilst coming forward! 

Why move the best number 10 in the league especially when we know from last season he’s not a number 9.

Weimann no 9, Vyds no 10 Lawrence and Anya on the wings. Would also play Palmer in central midfield with Hudds....sorted.  This would give more forward momentum and pace / energy in midfield.

As Olson can't tackle, cross or shoot on last nights evidence, could Wisdom or Baird play at left back ?

14 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He probably needs a run of games tho...he's no doubt rusty after being left out of so many games.

Have we got the luxury of giving him a run and hoping he comes good? He’s missed at least 5 good chances in the last two games,I hope he comes good as I love his attitude but at the moment he doesn’t look like scoring.

6 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Have we got the luxury of giving him a run and hoping he comes good? He’s missed at least 5 good chances in the last two games,I hope he comes good as I love his attitude but at the moment he doesn’t look like scoring.

Yes,I understand that but neither jerome or Palmer have  a track record with us either so it's a risk whoever we utilise.....if we had winnall or martin id be more comfortable replacing Nugent with one of them.

If give Nugent one more game to sharpen up and then think again...it will give us a chance to have a look at Palmer too.

1 hour ago, derbydaz22 said:

We need a win Saturday and at the moment Nugent is simply not at the races,I was very surprised he started after his poor game at Weds last week.

I completely understand your point mate and it wouldn’t surprise me to see CJ start but I’m just for giving people a run.

You could be right,I just love Nuge as a character.

Only going to be Nuge or CJ.

3 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Weimann no 9, Vyds no 10 Lawrence and Anya on the wings. Would also play Palmer in central midfield with Hudds....sorted.  This would give more forward momentum and pace / energy in midfield.

As Olson can't tackle, cross or shoot on last nights evidence, could Wisdom or Baird play at left back ?

I've started something here .

3 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Or head a ball!?

4 hours ago, Topram said:

Rowett alluded to the need for the team not to rely on Vydra alone for goals. Nugent's not looking the player he was and we are looking a bit short on alternatives. Jury is out on Jerome in terms of being the goal scorer that we need. Pity that Winnall got injured, a bigger loss than some might think. 

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Few weeks ago:

We have an embarrassment of riches up front! Nugent, Martin, Vydra, Bent, Winall, Jerome... who to pick?!?

Today:

Ummm maybe try Wiemann up front? Can we recall Blackman?

Well his finish v Leeds was the best centre forward impression I've seen all season.

Archived