Sam Winnall torn ACL, out for the season

LauraH

10 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Not true ...   with one now out, all it takes is for elderly Nugent to be out for a few games ,as he has been often since he arrived and who or what would we have on the bench.

Rowett's view that the squad is too big is flawed

elderly, 32...lol

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Topram said:

Will he go back to Wednesday for the rest of his treatment   or? 

I don't know what the process is in this scenario, but if it's a case of going where the best medical facilities are he'll be staying at Derby. It might be that he automatically travels back to the parent club if the injury goes beyond the loan period though, I'm unsure.

I thought loans had to be season or half season these days? So we wouldn't be able to recall them til the seasons end anyway.

Should we lose both CamJam and the Nuge it opens up other options, Weimann was always regarded as better central at villa to example, or the u23 forwards. Id rather have had winnall but thems the breaks.

Incredibly bad timing this just after transfer window shut. I haven't seen winnall play well for us, he seemed to score all his goals away from home, but even so it's reduced our options just after we sent bent and martin out on loan so rotten luck for him and for us. 

Wonder how many that were criticising people for believing the guy on twitter will make an apology? Always the same couple of people quick to call people out as well if they don't post 100000000000% positive,  happy clap, the club's perfect. 

31 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Losing russell, martin and winnall in one week......kinell.

Correction

Losing russell, martin, bent, bennett and winnall in one week......kinell.

34 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought loans had to be season or half season these days? So we wouldn't be able to recall them til the seasons end anyway.

Should we lose both CamJam and the Nuge it opens up other options, Weimann was always regarded as better central at villa to example, or the u23 forwards. Id rather have had winnall but thems the breaks.

I imagine the possible loan recalls are restricted to Zanzala & Vernam being youth loans?

Agree re Weimann being the new option #3 hes perfectly capable of playing as the forward in our counter attacking 4-2-3-1 system, which basically requires hard work and lots of running from the lone forward.

20 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Not saying it's not true but... in this day and age, are we really sending our injured players to travel by train when they've got knee braces etc. Surely someone (a friend / colleague etc) can drive him or we could stretch to a cab fare. I presume dcfc have an account with  a Derby cab firm.

That said, I once sat on the train opposite an injured Newcastle defender from London to Newcastle who was on crutches.

I should've given him my seat really :whistle:

Isn't Sam Winnall a trainspotter and just at the station to meet @Boycie who told him there is a rare Type 33 running through?

The schedule is fairly light until end of the season.

We've effectively got 4 midweek games left over 3 months, including a week off after the Sheff Weds midweek game too.

Also a weekend off before Easter for internationals.

A few more early leads and seeing the games out will also help tired legs. Let's do this again tomorrow!

17 hours ago, cosmic said:

All of a sudden we’re light on the wings and upfront. And no aspiring u23’s to have a crack. Bad window and bad luck combine.

Not ideal for the business end of the season (plus a couple of playoff games to try and win).

some Prince2 project managers might say poor risk analysis; :mellow:

Archived