Sam Winnall torn ACL, out for the season

LauraH

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, cosmic said:

All of a sudden we’re light on the wings and upfront. And no aspiring u23’s to have a crack. Bad window and bad luck combine.

Not ideal for the business end of the season (plus a couple of playoff games to try and win).

In terms of wings we have Thomas training with the first team, in terms of forwards I wouldn't write off Lewis Walker as being capable. It would be surprising if he came into the first team and performed but that's often the case with youth. Don't know til you try them. 

On the flipside you can't hold all youth at the club if you're of the opinion they need first team football, cos if the opposite happens and they're never needed you've stunted their growth.

45 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So if true, that leaves Jerome - not fit according to Rowett nugent who struggles to manage a full game and Vydra who has an untried youngster at our club in Palmer who is actually a midfielder whilst our established championship strikers away on loan are now needed.

Jerome not fit for this weekend then???

5 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Winnall on crutches is still more use than Butterfield.

Key point was that he was limping and not on crutches. 

Suspect it's a minor mcl strain. 4-6 weeks or so out. Anything more and he'd have had surgery already. If he'd had surgery the club normally press release same day. 

Perhaps I'm wrong. But I'm more optimistic than others on this. 

When the Kieftenbeld deal mucked up we got Ledley from free agents. Lets have a quick look at strikers who've been in England before, there's surely some decent ones out there.

Ishmael Miller

Dexter Blackstock

Cartlon Cole

Marouane Chamakh

Leon Best

Nile Ranger

See, some great options there, we'll be fine

nervous-paper-bag.gif?ssl=1

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

True or not it shows our vulnerability or paranoia!

I'd lean heavily on the side of paranoia over vulnerability, personally. 

Difficult to believe that Gary Rowett has not got this type of situation covered.

Gary Rowett has reduced management to a very simple level.

Get rid of extra players

Make room for U23s to train with first team

Sign older, hardworking professionals who want to win another promotion

Drop out of form players

Concentrate on team balance

Ignore what our rivals are doing

No public criticism of players, money available etc

Double the workrate of all players

Play strikers for 60 minutes, replace two or three strikers with players desperate to make an impression

Make sure that every player knows exactly what to do when we are not in possession.

Play ugly/roughly if necessary

Control the game, win it or at a push, draw it.

Exude confidence throughout the Club

Once all of this is in place and everyone understands it, spend your time looking for player upgrades to do exactly the same as the players they will replace.

I always held the view that Alex Ferguson did very little but keep an eye on things and sign better players. How to play was ingrained in everyone at the Club.

We may get pipped by Aston Villa if they remain unbeaten till end of the season but the Rams will not even have a blip

We will probably get 32 points at least from16 matches but it may not be enough if Villa do what Burnley did a couple of years ago.

P16 W9 D5 L2 or P16 W10 D2 L4

I cannot see us losing 4 games

Hopefully/Ideally P16 W11 D4 L1 - 37 points

COYR

Archived