Sam Winnall torn ACL, out for the season

LauraH

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

Winnall got injured after the transfer window had closed, so wasn't replaced by Jerome. Nor could we bring in anyone else to replace him.

Jerome started against Brentford, Winnall on the bench. Jerome preferred how many more starts might Winnall have got? All supposition, but we've seen how Rowett switches players about with seemingly little regard for form.

43 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

In my opinion Winnall was more effective off the bench. Aside from the Ipswich away game he didn't really do much when he started. Most of the goals came as a substitute.

The point I was making though was that we couldn't replace Winnall or recall Martin as the injury happened after the window had shut. Can't blame Rowett for that, just like it wasn't McClarens fault when Martin got injured after the window had shut. These things just happen.

Exactly people seem to want to have a go at present management as his fault for players getting injured whilst using it as an excuse for previous managers,double standards or what!

Just now, Seaside Sam said:

Exactly people seem to want to have a go at present management as his fault for players getting injured whilst using it as an excuse for previous managers,double standards or what!

No. Rowett made it clear he'd considered the possibility of injuries when Winnall did get injured. No-ones fault that he did and no more cover needed see.

Just now, Seaside Sam said:

so no different to every other manager then eh

Yes. He could have kept an U23 striker around or assumed with Martin going on loan that the potential for injuries might leave us short, but he didn't. Some managers would have made sure they had cover enough. Nut still maybe we'll see Walker on the bench and so GR has cover...

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes. He could have kept an U23 striker around or assumed with Martin going on loan that the potential for injuries might leave us short, but he didn't. Some managers would have made sure they had cover enough. Nut still maybe we'll see Walker on the bench and so GR has cover...

as i said no different,ah hindsight a really great thing ,i think all us supporters should concentrate on the now and give them as much support as we can from here on in,coulda, woulda, shoulda  doesn't come in to it

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

To get promoted you basically need four forwards in the 18 who can put the ball in the net, leaving us with three at best highlights a lack intent from my point of view

Archived