Sam Winnall torn ACL, out for the season

LauraH

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Lucky it’s not a CB .

As I said in previous posts it’s not a good idea sending all these players out on loan. 

You cant predict what will happen though, Doubt bent or martin would want to be about if not even making the bench.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Will bent and martin be available for the play offs if we need them. 

In theory yes, provided Burton and Reading dont make the play offs.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Unless all three parties agree to it, if Burton get relegated very quickly watch them try to cancel Bent in a flash 

This is only during a Jan transfer window on a full season loan.. Cant send a player back regardless if all 3 parties agree now

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Unless all three parties agree to it, if Burton get relegated very quickly watch them try to cancel Bent in a flash 

I'm still not sure if he'd actually be able to play. I remember reading something a while back about only being allowed to register players during a transfer window unless they're free agents or emergency loans. So with Bent being registered for Burton now, I'm not sure we'd be allowed to re-register him for us outside of the window

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'm still not sure if he'd actually be able to play. I remember reading something a while back about only being allowed to register players during a transfer window unless they're free agents or emergency loans. So with Bent being registered for Burton now, I'm not sure we'd be allowed to re-register him for us outside of the window

They are our players and are registered to us but are registered to another club until on loan until the loan finishes which is either the day after the season ends or after the play offs end if they are at a club that is involved in the play offs for example maybe Elsnick at Swindon 

another type of example would have been QPR who had an army of returning loan players available to use against us at Wembley ( a bit. Like. We would have returning)

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought loans had to be season or half season these days? So we wouldn't be able to recall them til the seasons end anyway.

Should we lose both CamJam and the Nuge it opens up other options, Weimann was always regarded as better central at villa to example, or the u23 forwards. Id rather have had winnall but thems the breaks.

We can recall players on youth loans who are at clubs outside of the football league. We can't recall any player likely to be a better option than say, Bradley Johnson. Martin, Bent, Blackman, Zanzala etc are not recallable. 

When we tried to get Martin back last season it was confirmed if we made the playoffs and fulham didnt then he would be available for us in the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

When we tried to get Martin back last season it was confirmed if we made the playoffs and fulham didnt then he would be available for us in the playoffs.

Pretty sure that’s not the case. The last day of the season is after the play off final. Unless that has changed, but I can’t see that happening. 

2 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

As soon as he went down, it was obvious. The fact we had a substitution left, and still left him on the pitch staggered me at the time. 

I once damaged my Achilles playing football aged 12 when my foot got stuck in a hole in the turf. I will had no problems walking back home after the game. It was only when I got up the next morning that I found I could hardly walk.

48 minutes ago, Srg said:

Yes, exactly, which is what I said.

We are light because we only have two true centre forwards, maybe 3 if you count Vydra (which I don't, because he wouldn't be half the player being asked to do a different role).

That doesn't change the fact that we are now light by a body, nor does it mean Winnall was anymore than just decent.

Cheers for pointing out the contradictions! 

3 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

As soon as he went down, it was obvious. The fact we had a substitution left, and still left him on the pitch staggered me at the time. 

He waved the physio’s away. 

He ran it off a bit while the Physio watched and then he turned to him and waved him away. The physio asked if he was sure and he waved him away again. 

Don’t know what more they could have done at the time if the player says he is ok. 

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

I would imagine that a couple of fee agent strikers will be training with the club next week, just in case.

Ismael Miller, Victor Anichibe and Carlton Cole would all be options. 

Don't know much about Miller but Anichibe wouldn't fill the Winnall hole. He's not a goal scorer. Cole was dangerous in the box though.

18 minutes ago, England Ram said:

He waved the physio’s away. 

He ran it off a bit while the Physio watched and then he turned to him and waved him away. The physio asked if he was sure and he waved him away again. 

Don’t know what more they could have done at the time if the player says he is ok. 

I didn't see it as I was working but didn't hear much about it after the game so couldn't have looked bad at the time.

My understanding is that with these type of injuries the trend now is to encourage players to get back to normal movement asap? Not that this was the case on Saturday but hopefully it might help him long term.

Archived