Sam Winnall torn ACL, out for the season

LauraH

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upsetting and annoying, but in honesty if I could pick one the strikers to lose for the rest of the season I'd have take SW. Cam and Nuge for two spots isn't too bad. Weimann, presumably, as back up.

17 minutes ago, curtains said:

Lucky it’s not a CB .

As I said in previous posts it’s not a good idea sending all these players out on loan. 

That’s what we were saying,it’s not great but we can cope.

Lose Keogh or Davies and break up their partnership and it’s curtains...(do you like that).

3 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

That’s what we were saying,it’s not great but we can cope.

Lose Keogh or Davies and break up their partnership and it’s curtains...(do you like that).

I like it. 

We cope without Winnall but it’s a blow. 

CM out on loan is the thing I hate though. 

4 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

So on one hand, we are now light...... but on the other hand, he wasn’t anything special......

Think most (barring Wolves) would love the options we have up top..... 

Winnall will be a miss. Offered a great deal here, but we have options. DN, CJ, KP, AW, TL, MV who can be chopped and changed about.

Yes, exactly, which is what I said.

We are light because we only have two true centre forwards, maybe 3 if you count Vydra (which I don't, because he wouldn't be half the player being asked to do a different role).

That doesn't change the fact that we are now light by a body, nor does it mean Winnall was anymore than just decent.

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

Only on the youth loans I believe, so we could probably bring back Zanzala and Vernam, but not Martin, Bent or Bennett 

Unless all three parties agree to it, if Burton get relegated very quickly watch them try to cancel Bent in a flash 

Archived