Sam Winnall torn ACL, out for the season

LauraH

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

You're right to call me out. I stand by the idea that it's bizarre to think Winnall is hobbling round Derby Station in a knee brace if he's had an ACL op. Why wouldn't he pay for someone to drive him so he can look after his leg properly? Crazy.

If my leg was in a brace I would prefer to go by train than car, seats facing each other leg up and a chance to hobble around a bit if you go stiff.

Maybe, just maybe that was the players preference as well. 

You always question the commitment of players on loan, do they want it as much as our own, but in that 6 minute interview he doesn't come across as a player on loan.  

Been a lot said on the forum this season of disgruntled players at the club due to a lack of game time, Winnall with just 6 starts to his name cannot speak highly enough of the club and staff, really sounds like he's enjoyed his time here.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick bump on this topic for a repeat post I've just made in the Johnny Russell thread. 

I know some have questioned what Winnall brought to the side, but just looking at stats as you do, all 6 of Winnall's goals were game changers.

Scored both goals in 2-1 wins v Ipswich and Leeds.

Scored the winner the Norwich

Equaliser v Birmingham

That's effectively 10 points from his goals.

Even with limited game time that's some player to lose for the run in. Bigger loss than we thought?

8 minutes ago, David said:

Quick bump on this topic for a repeat post I've just made in the Johnny Russell thread. 

I know some have questioned what Winnall brought to the side, but just looking at stats as you do, all 6 of Winnall's goals were game changers.

Equaliser v Birmingham

Even with limited game time that's some player to lose for the run in. Bigger loss than we thought?

Yep he surprised me. He scored crucial goals at the right time something we have been missing recently.

12 minutes ago, David said:

Equaliser v Birmingham

He was a great loss in terms of his goals.

1 hour ago, David said:

Equaliser v Birmingham

More evidence of Rowett's terrible transfer dealings! Boo, Rowett out!

Archived