6pm live announcement with Mel

Ewe Ram

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My other thought is that it could also be investment. Think about it, why would we announce heavy investment during a transfer window, when other clubs will realise we have cash to burn and will try and take us to the cleaners. Best time to announce you’re loaded is right after a window closed, even if you had the money in the pot the entire time. 

54 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's such a weird time, 6pm on a Friday. Which would be 2am in Beijing so I'd be surprised if it's Chinese ownership.

Love the video archive theory, but again, why not say something at a more sensibly timed presser?

I loved the East Stand development plans to take the stadium and surroundings to the next level. No problem if it's going to be that.

It's odd this is on social media trying to create a buzz, but not on the official site. Which makes me think it's more whimsy than something serious. And the timing works for a buzz in America as well as the UK.

So I'm sticking my neck out and saying we've signed Niall Horan as an out of contract player and he's been given Anya's shirt number!

Is he a winger?

22 minutes ago, Edinburgh ram said:

It's been clear to me for a while that we're living in a computer simulation. Perhaps Mel (CBE) is The One? He's going to come before us saying "I know kung fu" and battle the owners of all the other teams in the league in a fight to the death for one of the automatic places.

1 minute ago, Shang said:

Is it possible to be something connected to the Baseball Ground? Maybe they're going to add a third tier to a stand to get the old style atmosphere back?

Nah - they're going to knock down the houses and re-build the old place - and Mel's going to launch a Baseball series....

42 minutes ago, cosmic said:

My other thought is that it could also be investment. Think about it, why would we announce heavy investment during a transfer window, when other clubs will realise we have cash to burn and will try and take us to the cleaners. Best time to announce you’re loaded is right after a window closed, even if you had the money in the pot the entire time. 

Unless Mel is running low on funds, I'm not sure why we'd want extra investment at present. We're restricted in our spending by FFP and Mel has always appeared happy to pump in the maximum that FFP allows. If he brought in extra investors now, he wouldn't have as much say in running the club as he currently has and there'd be no extra funds available to the manager. Even if Mel wanted to take a profit, surely he'd be better off waiting until the promotion race is decided as the club just might be worth three times as much in May.

The only non-FFP investments are likely to be the training ground or the stadium. I suppose Mel might want someone else to take some of the risk if it's the latter - maybe building a hotel and shopping centre with an investment partner?

Archived