Stronger or Weaker

therealhantsram

Stronger or Weaker  

284 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bizarre that we sign an attacking midfielder, do we really need one? We already have a prolfifc number 10.

we needed an out and out winger and didn’t get one which is very dissapointing. If we are going to shoehorn Palmer in on the wing then we might as well stick with what we’ve got? 

Bemused and a little dissapointed however Rowett has us second in the league so I will trust him 100%

I have a feeling Palmer will play on the wing for us, he looks perfectly capable and on the signing of him alone, I'd say we're stronger. We haven't lost anyone vital but gained a promotion veteran forward and a highly rated prospect that stood out in Huddersfield's promotion side. Seems pretty positive to me :)

What’s stronger is the team..... what’s weaker is the fans..... seems the fans have bottled it in January this time and not the team 

we'll have to see wont we. but we've only really lost fringe players and jonny russell. This Palmer lad looks like he's for cm. which needed something. shame there wasnt a winger there but then Anja's return might be sorting that situation out. looking forward to a run of games to see what these fellas are up to. looking pretty solid at the back. but teams are inevitably weary of our counters now. were missing abit of nous sometimes, when play's slowed down. hopefully Rowetts done abit of fine tuning. stronger 

I think we are happy with what we've got, and bringing in the Chelsea lad is a no-lose scenario.

Anyway, to keep in with the spirit of it all, I'm having a bottle of wine.

Stronger, get rid of 4 players not in managers plans and sold a player in and out of the team that was leaving in March anyway, brought in striker who looks lively as an impact player and a another attacking minded player who did well for Hudds, new contacts for Keogh, Carson and Thorne too, squad trimmed.

There was no announcement regarding Luke Thomas, so it seems like he's still with us this season - unless they just couldn't be bothered to announce an u23 loan. If he is we have 4 wingers, which is enough.

Then there's Palmer was who we shifted to when Lookman chose Leipzig, so that makes it pretty apparent to me we intend to play him on the wing. But he's capable of playing in the middle too.

The players we've lost have all barely played, which is the definition of trimming a bloated squad - with the exception of Russell, who wanted to leave and many think wasn't good enough anyway, I personally don't think losing him is a disaster.

The idea of replacing players we lose like for like and then signing additional assets cos people get nervous at our rivals strengthening is exactly how we've ended up in the position we are in, with too many players on too much money.

Get a hold of yourselves, go to bed.

Weaker, Russell is better than anything we've got in that position and Martin was an excellent late sub to hold the ball up in the oppositions area when leading. If Bennett is fit then he's the closest to Russell in terms of work rate and running at defenders.

Was confident two weeks ago about autos now i'm worried.

In some ways we’re weaker because we’ve lost some good players. All of the ones that have left are not ‘bad’ players.

Theyre not Claude Davis, Bob Malcolm, ‘bad’.

Theyre just surplus to current requirements.

i think once the dust settles on the dissapointment of the Rabbit out the hat surprise of deadline day, we’ll look back on this as a crucial day of trimming the squad, for FFP and to put Gary’s stamp on things. So we’re weaker but also stronger. Mainly stronger

Archived