Stronger or Weaker

therealhantsram

Stronger or Weaker  

284 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OohMartWright said:

His recent performances for the U23s have been good and he looked sharp at Millwall on Saturday. I think (and hope) that Rowett has been working his magic on him in the same way that he did with Vydra and Weimann.

The team is in 2nd place and we are still moaning that certain players are underperforming! Let's just keep the faith with GR, get behind the team and see where we end up. Even if we don't go up, our talented youngsters will return from their loans better equipped for another promotion push next year and if we do, who's complaining?

Fans are never happy if we don’t bring in a big name.. but in a lot of cases, especially here, big names are all they are. 

Teams below us (not including Villa) have down business because their teams have been short so far this season. Ours hasn’t!

Last time we did “good business” in January the wheels fell off. 

These players have got us this far. They can go and and finish the job. 

Just now, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Fans are never happy if we don’t bring in a big name.. but in a lot of cases, especially here, big names are all they are. 

Teams below us (not including Villa) have down business because their teams have been short so far this season. Ours hasn’t!

Last time we did “good business” in January the wheels fell off. 

These players have got us this far. They can go and and finish the job. 

But they won’t IMO 

Aston Villa and Wolves to go up . 

Derby miss out in Playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

But they won’t IMO 

Aston Villa and Wolves to go up . 

Derby miss out in Playoffs. 

Ok well that’s an opinion your

entitled too. You’ve not sold it with any points though but hey...

I've voted weaker based on the fact that I think that Villa who are already breathing down our necks had a good window and we're hoping that Anya and Palmer will provide us with a bit of flair we lacked in the first half of the campaign.

I'm gonna go for Wolves and Villa to go up, Derby to lose in the play-off final, which to be fair was better than I hoped for at the start of the season!

Just now, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Ok well that’s an opinion your

entitled too. You’ve not sold in with any points but hey...

Thanks 

I hope to be proved wrong .

This Anya thing is incredible and I’ve watched him for U23s and he showed no sign of being ready to step up and why has Rowett suddenly decided he’s good enough after months out in the cold. 

Just now, curtains said:

Thanks 

I hope to be proved wrong .

This Anya thing is incredible and I’ve watched him for U23s and he showed no sign of being ready to step up and why has Rowett suddenly decided he’s good enough after months out in the cold. 

It’s been proven he didn’t play because of financial commitments. 

With Jonny going his hand has probably been forced. Maybe it also provided or released some funds too. 

Anya’s ability or attitude has never been questioned  

1 minute ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

It’s been proven he didn’t play because of financial commitments. 

With Jonny going his hand has probably been forced. Maybe it also provided or released some funds too. 

Anya’s ability or attitude has never been questioned  

His ability is in question in my eyes. 

Give the ball away way too often. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

His ability is in question in my eyes. 

Give the ball away way too often. 

Well in my eyes he’s got great experience at the top end of the champ and playing in big international matches. 

He has got a similar attitude to Nuge and has the physical attributes to cause teams trouble. 

He’ll provide excellent support to which ever full back he plays in front of. 

For me it’s better than a Russell who didn’t want to be here or a loan signing of a young prem player who doesn’t even listen to his own coaches on what is best for his development. 

9 hours ago, eddie said:

I think we are happy with what we've got, and bringing in the Chelsea lad is a no-lose scenario.

Anyway, to keep in with the spirit of it all, I'm having a bottle of wine.

I enjoyed it immensely. Meadowhawk Zinfandel from Aldi, £8.99.

9 hours ago, David said:

Any thoughts now would be knee jerk based on fans favourites, who you wanted the club to sign and seen other clubs sign.

The only Derby shirt we have seen Palmer in so far is a polo shirt and Jerome has only had a couple of cameo appearances.

Russell is the one player we will "miss" if you like with 13 starts this season, Shackell was out the picture, as was Martin and Bent. Personal feelings on those players aside, they were players that were not being used, does it make you weaker when they were never really part of the team?  Weaker in options maybe but options that were not needed in over half a season.

Bennett's chances of first team football were slim at best, not sure he's played enough to really be thrown into the conversation. Hopefully he can grab this opportunity and impress.

Let's see Palmer and more of Jerome on the pitch, judge them on performances not on paper, as that's where it really matters. 

So corporate.

2 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Well in my eyes he’s got great experience at the top end of the champ and playing in big international matches. 

He has got a similar attitude to Nuge and has the physical attributes to cause teams trouble. 

He’ll provide excellent support to which ever full back he plays in front of. 

For me it’s better than a Russell who didn’t want to be here or a loan signing of a young prem player who doesn’t even listen to his own coaches on what is best for his development. 

Ok mate I’m out now as I am sounding way too depressed. 

I am just disappointed once again with DCFC in this window .

Not wanting to upset folks about our chances of promotion so bye for now  

I never thought of Russell as a proper winger tbh just played out wide so often we forgot his original preference so I see no reason Palmer cannot play on wing we'll just keep putting him there and if He moans ignore him and continue to put him out wide. I think Anya is our only proper winger and think he will be used to great effect as a super sub when everyone is tiring he can score us some winners like he nearly did at Millwall.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

There’s nothing wrong with having your own opinion. I just think it’s not that bad. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

I don't think you upset people - except perhaps yourself at times.

1 minute ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

There’s nothing wrong with having your own opinion. I just think it’s not that bad. 

I respect your views.  

As i often say time will tell. 

Lets go out and beat Brentford an Norwich and improve our home form. 

Archived