what is the point of Lawrence

FindernRam

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think GR needs to have a word.

When he first game it seemed as if he was given license, almost encouraged, to get goals. He also seems to be overly obsessed with scoring. As if we don’t have others. Next to him yesterday were 2 far more lethal and selfless goal scorers. He just never even looked to see how open they were but opted for a difficult shot instead. Get the impression that Rowett hasn’t told him to set ppl up more ... the license to be selfish has its place but needs tempering. (Contrast to Vydra who’s cost us goals cuz he’s constantly setting others up only to fluff their shots) 

Weve all played with a player like this and it’s one of the most infuriating things when your teammate opts for glory every time. Have a talk please Gary!

Considering all life that is, ever has been, or ever will be is little more than a tiny dot in an ocean of infinite time and space, you could ask what is the point of anything? Certainly you could and probably should ask what is the point of this thread!

Due to his knowledge of the native Bedouin tribes, British Lieutenant T.E. Lawrence is sent to Arabia to find Prince Faisal and serve as a liaison between the Arabs and the British in their fight against the Turks. With the aid of native Sherif Ali, Lawrence rebels against the orders of his superior officer and strikes out on a daring camel journey across the harsh desert to attack a well-guarded Turkish port.

1 hour ago, sage said:

His main problem is he doesn't look up when he is running with the ball. Denied Nugent a clear chance at goal in the first half. He could have doubled his assists this year just by looking up. . 

I agree regarding his main problem, though his next main problem is consistency in passing.

Had he seen Nugent completely free in the area, I’m actually doubtful he would have been able to pick him out.

It’s a sign of the times when £7m nowadays only gets you a work in progress Championship player.

34 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

With teale he used to be Shiite and then was alright.

With Lawrence it seems the opposite.

Give him time..... same was said of Vydra....

1 hour ago, Spenno said:

Considering all life that is, ever has been, or ever will be is little more than a tiny dot in an ocean of infinite time and space, you could ask what is the point of anything? Certainly you could and probably should ask what is the point of this thread!

Or you could ask what are you sniffing or injecting 

Really don’t see this, he offers something that no one else on our team does. The ability to pick the ball up, run at players at pace and shoot from distance. We need to encourage players like him not moan and boo him. He will make mistakes because he tries to make things happen. Russell is playing better at the moment because he’s regained confidence and people aren’t booing him yet he had some awful touches last night and some terrible shots. A Russell low on confidence wouldn’t even have taken these touches or shots because he’d have been stuck on the wing afraid to touch the ball. I’d rather my flair players such a Tom and Johnny keep trying things because as anyone who has seen Lawrence playing well will tell you, once a couple go in more will probably follow. Support the boys! 

4 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

What an idiotic post. 

Anybody that knows the first thing about football can see the lad has the quality, he's just underperforming. 

If you can't see that I'd suggest you stop watching football entirely, it ain't the sport for you. 

SOME PEOPLE FORGET THEY PROBABLY SAID SAME ABOUT VYDRA 12 MONTHS AGO

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

I don't normally have a go at individuals but why is Lawrence at Derby? He can't hit a deadball, tackles like Savage, rubbish decisions and hopeless shooting. Just using oxygen in my view 

Didn't we have a thread like this about Vydra last season? Lawrence played really well last week at Birmingham.  Short memories, some folk! 

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Think GR needs to have a word.

When he first game it seemed as if he was given license, almost encouraged, to get goals. He also seems to be overly obsessed with scoring. As if we don’t have others. Next to him yesterday were 2 far more lethal and selfless goal scorers. He just never even looked to see how open they were but opted for a difficult shot instead. Get the impression that Rowett hasn’t told him to set ppl up more ... the license to be selfish has its place but needs tempering. (Contrast to Vydra who’s cost us goals cuz he’s constantly setting others up only to fluff their shots) 

Weve all played with a player like this and it’s one of the most infuriating things when your teammate opts for glory every time. Have a talk please Gary!

A LOL ignorant post. Do you not think Rowett and his coaching have not already said this ( to him and others) ? Patronising or what.

We are second in the league and he has contributed to that

areas for major improvement for Lawrence 

set piece delivery- very poor, we are a very tall team at set pieces and we have one headed goal if I am correct

free kicks at goal - they have been hopeless 

tracking and tackling- not great 

he shouldn’t have a divine right to start games

25 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

What an idiotic post. 

Anybody that knows the first thing about football can see the lad has the quality, he's just underperforming. 

If you can't see that I'd suggest you stop watching football entirely, it ain't the sport for you. 

Maybe you can point this hidden quality out. He makes one mazey run every couple of games assists every six games and scores every 12 games. I don't expect him to "hit the ground running" but by now, 24 games in, some decent contribution to the team would help!

And I'm not making him out as a scapegoat, you only need them when you lose. 

He seems to play much better away from home than at Derby at the moment. I suspect it’s the extra space he gets and less pressure, which enables him to perform better. Akin to the Nugent/ Winnall situation, it may be time to adopt the same with him and Weimann/Russell. I.E he starts away and the other 2 do at home. I will state though, I expect him to be a true asset in seasons to come. Just look at Ibe and Lingard. Neither looked great, when they first arrived. By the time Ibe left he was class and the other will be starting for England in the World Cup. Let’s not crucify the poor lad already FFS 

Archived