what is the point of Lawrence

FindernRam

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

You clearly didn’t go to Old Trafford then as he played well and didn’t look out of place,he can be frustrating at times but show me a winger that isn’t at this level and I think there is a lot more to come from Tom a good player who needs support not groans 

Aye, I’ve just had a bit of a go at him in the match thread but I do think he’s a good player with a big role to play.

Think he just needs a rocket, so to speak. Needs to start getting the basics right, support Forsyth and find a way to click with Vydra.

Excellent post by the OP.

I was beginning to think I was coming to the wrong forum, what with all the positivity and constant backing of the players.

Just glad i read this, so I know i am actually in the right place...good to see we have found our new scapegoat...thats the point of lawrence by the look of it what with keogh and johnson getting an easy ride from us right now, even Johnny isnt getting too much flack, and Ninos wont know what to do with himself once Martin moves on.

Phew...I can rest easy again, thought I was going to have to go find another forum. Order is restored.

I hate it when these restive threads pop slating a player I really do. It was the same feeling at the game last night though, people were starting to get on his back. He’s having a frustrating time, no one will know that more than himself so what do Derby fans do ahhhhh let’s get on his back, make a few mistakes Wel boo him thatl sort him right out.

He played in a team last night that did more than enough IMO to win the game, the keeper made some incredible saves although Vydra shouldn’t have even givin him a chance with his. Winnall missed a tap in from 4 yards and the penalty was farcical. Noticed they played it on the big screen last night during the game? Didn’t think they were allowed to do that and I can see why as the Derby bench were going crazy!

30 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

24 appearances 37 shots 2goals 4 assists. Not good. Not good at all.

He did well at ipswich. If he could reproduce that form we would be top of the league. 2nd in the league will do for now.

7 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I hate it when these restive threads pop slating a player I really do. It was the same feeling at the game last night though, people were starting to get on his back. He’s having a frustrating time, no one will know that more than himself so what do Derby fans do ahhhhh let’s get on his back, make a few mistakes Wel boo him thatl sort him right out.

He played in a team last night that did more than enough IMO to win the game, the keeper made some incredible saves although Vydra shouldn’t have even givin him a chance with his. Winnall missed a tap in from 4 yards and the penalty was farcical. Noticed they played it on the big screen last night during the game? Didn’t think they were allowed to do that and I can see why as the Derby bench were going crazy!

Is it because it was on Sky? Anyone with a Sky mobile app would have seen it too.

Sometimes it’s as if he tries too hard. But remember he didn’t really kick into form for Ipswich until this part of the season. He is a top talent, he just needs a boost in confidence to make those tiny flares something greater 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Is it because it was on Sky? Anyone with a Sky mobile app would have seen it too.

I think this was the case, as it’s not really happened before (although last home game had a second or two of one incident). Think it was just bad editing, shouldn’t happen either way.

42 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

You sped £7m on a player for a reason, not to have to mollycoddle his development in an overstocked team. Is he a winger? Mid fielder? Ball winner? Play maker? Free kick expert? Not seen any of that yet.

He struts well, reminds me of Bamford. Wanders around but never seems to be trying too hard off the ball. I suppose he is useful to lower the average age of the team.

You need to get the idea we spent £7m on the lad because we didn't it was less than half of that though potentially it could be more with the add on's.

I remember Chris Powell signing and for the first season people moaned about him now he is one of the most popular players to have played here.Not every player hits the ground running Lawrence is still relatively inexperienced but you can see the panic he causes in opponents when he carries the ball......Give the boy time we are not doing to badly since he signed.

21 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Lovely Jubbly 

giphy.gif

20 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Who is that? A friend of mine want's to know.

19 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My sister...leave It!!

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I hate him so much I'd let him date my sister...she's a pig.

She looks ok to me. Definitely not a pig.

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

She looks ok to me. Definitely not a pig.

Why do I feel hypnotized watching that gif?

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Why do I feel hypnotized watching that gif?

I can't stop seeing the slightly mad head movement in that gif tbh. Completely distracted me away from anything else.

45 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

He did well at ipswich. If he could reproduce that form we would be top of the league. 2nd in the league will do for now.

Tom Lawrence isn't the finished article. So until we witness what that finished article will be, maybe best to trust managers judgement. 

Archived