Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gut_Reaction said:

Before the reaction Aden had tumbled to the ground, clue enough there had been contact between Feet/legs. Doing a Klinsman didn’t help though did it ;)

it is a hard one tho because it is a pen but it is one when it happens your not going down after it because he comes down on his ankle and if you don' go down. you don't get peno's simple so be trys to go down (bit tom Daley like) but still a pen 

Thought it was actually a very entertaining game for a 0-0. Think Winnalll had the best chance of the lot, anything substantial on that cross and it'd have been in. City looked dangerous but never actually troubled Carson so on balance I'd say we were hard done by. Ref was poor but we've had lots of penos this season, just have to take it on the chin and move on. Huddlestone and centre backs had a good game for me. I do like Russell as a trier but his lack of end product can make him wildly frustrating to watch, just expect him to beat 2-3 men then ballon it over the bar. Disappointed in Lawrence overall, cheap free kicks in the first half 2-3 times as well which need to be cut out.

1 minute ago, Derbylad92 said:

it is a hard one tho because it is a pen but it is one when it happens your not going down after it because he comes down on his ankle and if you don' go down. you don't get peno's simple so be trys to go down (bit tom Daley like) but still a pen 

I hope he doesn’t go down like Tom Daley

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Absolutely disagree, shocking tonight, shocking the last 5 games. I think they'll fall off the second half of the season, he shouldn't be so positive about his side, they're extremely lucky to have got even a point, completely undeserved. 

i have said they have been off it today! yes they have been off it last 5 games look at the period they have had the cup as well on top of that, he doesn't have a squad like us we are lucky it's going to go down hill but still, about the play offs at the start of the season where would you of put BC? avoid relegation? so he's done well end off! 

Carson 6 - Didn't have much to do

Wisdom 8 - Crossing was poor in the few times he did try and whip it in, but defensively very good

Keogh 8 - Made an error or 2 but other than that was fantastic

Davies 9 (MOTM) - Same as usual, won every header and tackle

Forsyth 8 - Similar to Wisdom

Huddlestone 7 - Calm and collected on the ball and played a handful of wonderful long balls to the wings

Thorne 5 - Didn't look his usual self. Poor decision making and poor passing

Russell 6 - Don't have a clue what to rate Russell. 1 minute he's running past defenders and creating a chance and the next he's giving away the ball with simple passes and awful shots. He probably lost possession at least 10 times but he deserves a bit of credit for creating space and continuing to try and cause Bristol City problems

Vydra 5 - Similar to Thorne, not his usual self

Lawrence 5 - Very poor decision making

Nugent 6 - Difficult for him today but worked hard like he always does

Weimann 6 - improvement on Lawrence and created a good chance for Winnall

Winnall 6 - should have scored

Jerome 7 - I'm a huge fan of Martin, but I can't imagine him ever coming on and making an impact like that

That was almost business as usual. The opposition attacks a little but never look like scoring. The defence are rock solid and did their jobs. What was missing was the clinical finishes we've come to expect from our forwards and it's unfortunate that the front 4 all ended up having an off day at the same time. Disappointed with a point but happy with the performance

I don't think anyone played much football.

Arguing about who played the better stuff is like arguing about who's the bigger cnut, Simon Cowell or Jeremy Kyle.

Derby don't play attractive football. If you can get past that and look at the effect they still have on matches then I think you're in a fair position to judge them.

Instead of giving the accolade of "Deserved to win" to the team that passed the most perhaps it should go to the team that created the clearest and most chances?

Otherwise give Pep every trophy for the next 10 years and turn football off innit?

I like pretty football. But you still have to create chances and defend!

5 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Done by a shocking referee - don't expect refs to be better in the Prem, not only are they generally incompetent but, worse than thatm some actually decide the result to keep "in" with the Guardiolas, Moaninhos, Wengers.etc,,,,,

Home teams pay for the ref to be wined and dined. It’s corrupt.

Having said that we were at home. But yeah the big teams get it good.

Well. What a terrible decision. As bad as it gets. But let’s be honest, we were woeful in front of goal today. We should have been out of sight by the time the penalty wasn’t awarded. Today highlighted a couple of areas of concern with regards to our squad depth. We have 1 good sub option on the bench for the wing, fine when both on the pitch are doing well or when only 1 is off it. But like today when both are having a shocker, one has to stay on. Also Thorne was very poor today and has to play a full 90 as no option without Ledley. I would love to see a couple of loans for these 2 positions. On a final note, stupid decision to make all 3 subs at once. It disrupted the flow and meant we lost the momentum we were steadily building 

Just now, Paul71 said:

Don't agree he favoured city...just got it totally wrong.

Not just talking about the penalty but there were many other situations in the game where there were easy decisions to make but the ref made the wrong call. I don't usually like calling out a ref because it's a hard job refereeing but there was something dodgy about this game. Many other sets of fans including Fulham, Boro, Burton and Sheffield Wednesday fans(teams who have no interest in the promotion chase) said we were robbed tonight because the ref was dodgy.

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Tbh I think it’s a stretch to say that’s evening it up 

It is to be fair , thought we showed a few bright sparks, you were a much transformed side from at Ashton gate, probably only got beat by leko deciding to be messi for an hour 

Archived