Manchester United F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

All this about Rowett “insulting” Martin about not throwing him on...... maybe this is what’s needed in the game in general..... the manager actually being the “boss” instead of players directing the traffic all the time.

If that’s all anyone can get to criticise Rowett.... then it must mean he’s doing fantastic as manager of Derby County..... 

Yes I’m well aware of my contradictions..... you know I’m no fan of Mel, but I’ll give credit where it’s due, and fully admit I’m wrong..... and with egg on my face. It’s a shame folk can’t accept when they are wrong.

Be humble, have humility..... you can be wrong sometimes.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats getting on my nerves is there are some right stupid red ***** online. 

They know zero about football & make stupid comments ‘carson had the game of his life’ no he didnt he’s been class all season ‘it should have been 10-0’ ... should it ? 

They just have no class 

55 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

All this about Rowett “insulting” Martin about not throwing him on...... maybe this is what’s needed in the game in general..... the manager actually being the “boss” instead of players directing the traffic all the time.

If that’s all anyone can get to criticise Rowett.... then it must mean he’s doing fantastic as manager of Derby County..... 

Yes I’m well aware of my contradictions..... you know I’m no fan of Mel, but I’ll give credit where it’s due, and fully admit I’m wrong..... and with egg on my face. It’s a shame folk can’t accept when they are wrong.

Be humble, have humility..... you can be wrong sometimes.

I'd give this a like if I understood a word of it :D

Went last night and whilst it has already been commented upon couldn't believe how quiet the home fans were. Whenever Utd have come to Derby they have been very vocal but there was none of that last night even when they scored. I have heard more noise at Macc Town when there have been 1300 supporting the silkmen.

Anybody see that scally selling key rings on Sir Matt Busby Way at £2 each before the game? Same bloke selling them for a quid aferwards - comedy gold......

2 hours ago, SKRam said:

I’d have enjoyed seeing him too. But we don’t know what, if anything,has gone on. Not for a moment am I suggesting any disharmony between Martin and Rowett, simply that he’s the manager and has to have final say, sometimes we won’t like it! 

Some of us like it ? 

I've just signed in for the first time since yesterday so will go through the dozens of pages from last night later, but one of the strangest things I've ever seen took place last night - the reaction of thousands of home fans for taking the lead in the 84th minute? Stand up and walk out. Embarrassing. 

Everything I've seen about Man U in the last few weeks since this draw has been awful - from the stupid ticket prices to that tweet the official channel put out of Pogba beating Keogh, which just smacked of lacking in any class whatsoever.

It was a great night, really enjoyed it and thought the players did superbly, but if I had any respect for Manchester United as a club before, I haven't now. 

The latest salvo by martinites: “Rowett is insulting Martin by not giving him a 20 min cameo” even though he has no impact on games and prob has no future here. Give me a break. Martin is not owed anything by Rowett anymore than any other player. Putting him in the matchday squad is respect enough. If he feels he’d have had no impact - Rowett explained his reasons for every substitution - then he has no obligation to play him.

15 minutes ago, Ninos said:

The latest salvo by martinites: “Rowett is insulting Martin by not giving him a 20 min cameo” even though he has no impact on games and prob has no future here. Give me a break. Martin is not owed anything by Rowett anymore than any other player. Putting him in the matchday squad is respect enough. If he feels he’d have had no impact - Rowett explained his reasons for every substitution - then he has no obligation to play him.

i think youre probably right. Martin could have seen it as a compliment given the other substitutions that were made, he's probably not the sort of player that needs the obligatory 20 mins against united, he's a seasoned professional, those other lads need a leg up, he's already done alot for our club in his time here. 

36 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I've just signed in for the first time since yesterday so will go through the dozens of pages from last night later, but one of the strangest things I've ever seen took place last night - the reaction of thousands of home fans for taking the lead in the 84th minute? Stand up and walk out. Embarrassing. 

Everything I've seen about Man U in the last few weeks since this draw has been awful - from the stupid ticket prices to that tweet the official channel put out of Pogba beating Keogh, which just smacked of lacking in any class whatsoever.

It was a great night, really enjoyed it and thought the players did superbly, but if I had any respect for Manchester United as a club before, I haven't now. 

This^^.

Compounded by staying in a hotel, and still being outnumbered by home supporters.

*******, the lot of them.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Martin’s been great for us but not any more. His time has gone. Don’t agree with this sentimental stuff about bringing him on for 20 minutes. 

Unfortunately he’s become one of the high earners we need to be moving on. In fact he could be the highest earner after McClaren’s antics 12 months ago.

7 hours ago, curtains said:

Trouble is with this giving players game time it then destroys other players. 

I am still backing Rowett and i hope if he does sell Martin to Leeds he gets someone else in.  

I have always had an issue with academy players being allowed to take game time off others just because as Derby fans sing he’s one of our own. 

Thats fine if it works and we get promoted.

All sorts of questions still to be answered at DCFC like have we really got the ambition to push on or are we happy just  to miss out and then say well we gave it a go and next year will be better because we have a good academy and structure.

Hope it work out. 

Bet you’d have been one of the spurs fans whinging about Harry Kane, suggesting he wasn’t capable of the step up after a hardly inspiring youth career... 

without a proper chance in the first team we’ll never truly know. 

Ain't it funny, when you see United up close they aren't all that. They're a massive corporate machine where uncle nobody from planet anywhere is a fan and the mighty Old Trafford is about as intimidating as Pride Park.

Derby at least feels like a club that belongs to the city. The stadium feels like Derby people. Even those that have never lived here are part of the large family club.

I'm sure buried underneath the Chinese tourist and the Southampton supporters branch are some scabby mancs who were born in Salford red. I feel sorry for them. Poor feckers

6 hours ago,  Doodle said: 

I suppose it shows how far we have developed as a team under Gary that I’m left feeling a little disappointed after getting home from yesterday’s game. Not disappointed in the players selected, who gave their all. Not disappointed in the fans who did likewise. Not disappointed we lost, they are much better than us. Certainly not disappointed we couldn’t hold out for a replay as nobody wanted that. Just disappointed that when Gary decided to throw the towel in to avoid a replay. He chose to put 2 u23s on to weaken our side further instead of throwing Nugent and Martin on, in a **** or bust move and win or lose still avoiding a replay. I fear this treatment and lack of respect shown to Martin especially may be an attempt to drive him out of the club. In my humble opinion, the best striker this club has had for ages deserves better 

****************************************************************

Well said re Chris Martin, and GR has done himself no favours in my eyes either with his treatment of one of the best players this club has had on its books over the past ten years ..

And in not selecting Winnall for the Sheffield Utd. game after his two goals against Ipswich he has probably ensured that the loanee will prefer to pursue his options elsewhere after such treatment ..

To persist with David Nugent in preference (in particular) to Martin, but also to Winnall, when Nugent’s age virtually discounts him as a long term option for the club, is a foolish policy; and keeping him on the field against SU (when his contribution had been minimal at best), subbing Vydra, and giving Martin and Winnall a few minutes each was not the best way to attempt to win that game ! 

Despite our present position in the ‘automatics’ this disgraceful treatment of Martin (and to a lesser extent Winnall) may yet cost us in the latter part of this season .. 

1 hour ago, Ram8 said:

6 hours ago,  Doodle said: 

I suppose it shows how far we have developed as a team under Gary that I’m left feeling a little disappointed after getting home from yesterday’s game. Not disappointed in the players selected, who gave their all. Not disappointed in the fans who did likewise. Not disappointed we lost, they are much better than us. Certainly not disappointed we couldn’t hold out for a replay as nobody wanted that. Just disappointed that when Gary decided to throw the towel in to avoid a replay. He chose to put 2 u23s on to weaken our side further instead of throwing Nugent and Martin on, in a **** or bust move and win or lose still avoiding a replay. I fear this treatment and lack of respect shown to Martin especially may be an attempt to drive him out of the club. In my humble opinion, the best striker this club has had for ages deserves better 

****************************************************************

Well said re Chris Martin, and GR has done himself no favours in my eyes either with his treatment of one of the best players this club has had on its books over the past ten years ..

And in not selecting Winnall for the Sheffield Utd. game after his two goals against Ipswich he has probably ensured that the loanee will prefer to pursue his options elsewhere after such treatment ..

To persist with David Nugent in preference (in particular) to Martin, but also to Winnall, when Nugent’s age virtually discounts him as a long term option for the club, is a foolish policy; and keeping him on the field against SU (when his contribution had been minimal at best), subbing Vydra, and giving Martin and Winnall a few minutes each was not the best way to attempt to win that game ! 

Despite our present position in the ‘automatics’ this disgraceful treatment of Martin (and to a lesser extent Winnall) may yet cost us in the latter part of this season .. 

GR has to make these decisions and so far his teams position in the league indicates he is making the correct calls. Unless you are suggesting that the Rams would  have a higher points tally if he'd gone with your preferred team selections?

4 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Went last night and whilst it has already been commented upon couldn't believe how quiet the home fans were. Whenever Utd have come to Derby they have been very vocal but there was none of that last night even when they scored. I have heard more noise at Macc Town when there have been 1300 supporting the silkmen.

Anybody see that scally selling key rings on Sir Matt Busby Way at £2 each before the game? Same bloke selling them for a quid aferwards - comedy gold......

Yes...? {gruff voice like Mike Reid} "yer Man-tyes-choo-nigh-tid key rings are chust a parnd eech nar...in stain-liss steel ...jus' a parnd".  

Archived