Manchester United F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

4 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Of course we can't move Vydra with the form he's in this season, but thought Lawrence looked a lot more effective in the middle than he has on the wing.

Or was Lawrence looking a bit better because of the work being done by wieman and Russell ?

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe GR is waiting for the business end of the season and is going to turn to Super Chris Martin as his secret weapon to push us over the line. CM maybe needed if others are injured and look how much we rely on Vydra now and lets not forget what some of our fans used to think of him. What some fans thought of Nugent in his first few games etc. Football can quickly change, circumstances can quickly change, it's a team game and a squad game and maybe CM is learning a few lessons on the bench, and if he is, he will shine again, and I for one would love to see him again in a Derby shirt, celebrating team goals and winning performances, and enjoying the club win promotion.

Not to be sold to another Championship club.

26 minutes ago, angieram said:

Says the man who would never let an obsession for anything cloud his judgement. :D

It's going to be interesting to see where his obsession transfers to if Martin leaves. It was Butterfield when Martin was on loan last year. 

Maybe we should take bets ? 

I'm gonna go with Fozzy.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Game had stopped but Keogh looked well onside, probably wouldn’t have scored but Looked an appalling call by the Lino on that side, one to add to his collection in that game.

There was the ball clearly went out for a derby throw before the man u player brought it back in. The ref corrected him. He wanted to let them keep it. ****.

TobyWanKenobi

We didn't beat Manchester United? I for one am outraged. Rowett out. My early 2000's experience of Champ Manager says we should have gone with a 2-1-2-2-3 formaton.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Says the man who would never let an obsession for anything cloud his judgement. :D

My obsession to improve our team by replacing a never utilised vastly overrated bench player with a quality striker ? 

Yup. You right 

I suppose it shows how far we have developed as a team under Gary that I’m left feeling a little disappointed after getting home from yesterday’s game. Not disappointed in the players selected, who gave their all. Not disappointed in the fans who did likewise. Not disappointed we lost, they are much better than us. Certainly not disappointed we couldn’t hold out for a replay as nobody wanted that. Just disappointed that when Gary decided to throw the towel in to avoid a replay. He chose to put 2 u23s on to weaken our side further instead of throwing Nugent and Martin on, in a **** or bust move and win or lose still avoiding a replay. I fear this treatment and lack of respect shown to Martin especially may be an attempt to drive him out of the club. In my humble opinion, the best striker this club has had for ages deserves better 

2 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I suppose it shows how far we have developed as a team under Gary that I’m left feeling a little disappointed after getting home from yesterday’s game. Not disappointed in the players selected, who gave their all. Not disappointed in the fans who did likewise. Not disappointed we lost, they are much better than us. Certainly not disappointed we couldn’t hold out for a replay as nobody wanted that. Just disappointed that when Gary decided to throw the towel in to avoid a replay. He chose to put 2 u23s on to weaken our side further instead of throwing Nugent and Martin on, in a **** or bust move and win or lose still avoiding a replay. I fear this treatment and lack of respect shown to Martin especially may be an attempt to drive him out of the club. In my humble opinion, the best striker this club has had for ages deserves better 

I would give that two likes if i could.

it wouldn't have hurt to have acknowledged the fans either. 

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

?

ok I read there was a disallowed goal, then read there wasn’t, glad that’s been cleared up 

You can bet I'd we had won and united had the same offside , disallowed goal situation it would have been replayed.

3 hours ago, curtains said:

IMO 

Bennett and Hanson are being played because they came through the academy. 

Neither are good enough yet Chris Martin a proven International who has served this Club well is denied the chance of coming on at Old Trafford and a loanee who Sam Winnall is preferred.

I agree with you here mate - smacks of a personal insult. Even if he is on his way out of the club, what really would have been the harm in a 20m cameo. Just for old times sake.

Not sure whether this has been discussed earlier, but Olsen gave his all and deserves a mention. 

Rashford didn't exactly tear us apart, and the forays up front gave us some respite, and got us a 

couple of good chances. Thought he did well today.

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

Spot on. Great observation :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I agree with you here mate - smacks of a personal insult. Even if he is on his way out of the club, what really would have been the harm in a 20m cameo. Just for old times sake.

Maybe they didn't want him cuptied  Personally I don't believe he's going anywhere he's a very good three year contract and he won't be in any hurry to go anywhere He holds all the cards 

15 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I’d have enjoyed seeing him too. But we don’t know what, if anything,has gone on. Not for a moment am I suggesting any disharmony between Martin and Rowett, simply that he’s the manager and has to have final say, sometimes we won’t like it! 

Archived