Manchester United F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, curtains said:

What’s the point of bringing Hanson and Bennett on ? 

Maybe there is some pressure to show progress with the u23s / academy players.

I don't want to be negative but this wasn't the time or place.

we'd given ourselves a great chance to snatch it, but the subs swung in their favour.

Just now, RamNut said:

Maybe there is some pressure to show progress with the u23s / academy players.

I don't want to be negative but this wasn't the time or place.

we'd given ourselves a great chance to snatch it, but the subs swung in their favour.

Get rid of both players if we can In January 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

What’s the point of bringing Hanson and Bennett on ? 

That was the only head scratcher in G.R’s decisions and tactics last night. Why not Nugent or Martin. At that point we should have gone for it. Might have been same result but personally, not minded us conceding by going all out attack.

Neither team wanted the draw, maybe Gaz thought benefited Hanson giving him big stage experience but had no impact on the game. Nugent or Martin as an extra attacker might have tested them? Ifs and buts I guess, just seemed an odd one.

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

That was the only head scratcher in G.R’s decisions and tactics last night. Why not Nugent or Martin. At that point we should have gone for it. Might have been same result but personally, not minded us conceding by going all out attack.

Neither team wanted the draw, maybe Gaz thought benefited Hanson giving him big stage experience but had no impact on the game. Nugent or Martin as an extra attacker might have tested them? Ifs and buts I guess, just seemed an odd one.

I don’t know how they made the bench when we have better U23s like Luke Thomas etc. 

50 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

i'll pm it you

I was at the game. Watched the highlights. And i still don't know what you are on about?

I think he brought on Hanson mainly to help Thorne and Huddlestone who were showing tiredness but also to see him in a game and make up his mind weather to sell keep or loan him, personally two forwards for me either Vydra with someone or if not it may as well have been Martin 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I was at the game. Watched the highlights. And i still don't know what you are on about?

I, amongst others, wondered why the offside 'goal' wasnt shown on the highlights.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

What goal lol

You know. one of those things when the round thing they kick about ends up in the back of the net.

Just now, JoetheRam said:

When Keogh crossed it in and the flag went up and about 5 seconds later the defender headed into his own net. Would never call it a disallowed goal - the keeper had stopped playing.

Can't remember it.

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I, amongst others, wondered why the offside 'goal' wasnt shown on the highlights.

Think the game had stopped a good few seconds before, don’t think it was contentious or anything either. Wasn’t even a disallowed goal......

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, JoetheRam said:

When Keogh crossed it in and the flag went up and about 5 seconds later the defender headed into his own net. Would never call it a disallowed goal - the keeper had stopped playing.

He actually handled it into the net. But RD said it wasn't offside apparently. Having seen it replayed now I can see why it wasnt on the highlights. Not clear if Keogh was offside though as hes not visible in the footage.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Think the game had stopped a good few seconds before, don’t think it was contentious or anything either. Wasn’t even a disallowed goal......

Agreed, its been discussed on here though and having seen it replayed its evident the play had stopped. The player wouldnt have tried to catch it otherwise

31 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Agree. It's as though he thinks he's garnered a reputation on the forum and at every opportunity tries to live up to it - sad. No problem with him not liking Rowett - I was never a fan of NC but don't try and include that opinion in virtually every post I make.

Actually I have not been anti Rowett but don’t let that distort your misconception. I have supported him but will question some things. 

As for @eddie silly old goat ain’t got a  Scooby. 

I agree wi a few on here on certain points... that Winnall song is cringe worthy.... plus that last christmas song... like summat made up in playground..... also dunt understand those substitutions.... like it's been sed wrong place and time... ..i know I'll get slaughtered but we really ain't in that league... I fear if we go up. 

Archived