Manchester United F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Just got back, I can't criticise any players for that performance. They were all magnificent. Away, at one of the best teams in England and we far from disgraced ourselves. That being said, I have to say I think Old Trafford is probably the least favourite of the stadiums I've been to, it's absolutely soulless, and reminds me of everything wrong with football.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess everyone seems to have got what they wanted. Rowett did not want a reply, so brings on those subs.. Typical small time Derby and its fans.. Two nil down, who gives a ****, we’re Derby County and we’re going up!! Well I give a ****.. **** song....

Yet we all seem so happy !!

Whats happened to this club.. 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Just got back, I can't criticise any players for that performance. They were all magnificent. Away, at one of the best teams in England and we far from disgraced ourselves. That being said, I have to say I think Old Trafford is probably the least favourite of the stadiums I've been to, it's absolutely soulless, and reminds me of everything wrong with football.

Same here. My lot said exactly the same, every time I’ve been it’s the same, the away was loud and proud where I was sat, quite a few Derby with me.

3 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Same here. My lot said exactly the same, every time I’ve been it’s the same, the away was loud and proud where I was sat, quite a few Derby with me.

It just seemed like a stadium full of tourists and people who didn't really care, I didn't see any passion in the united fans. Maybe a league game is totally different, it's my only visit, so I can't comment.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Looked to me like we deliberately conceded the wings to stop them running though us and took our chances on crosses. Tactic worked great, we compressed the game, they found us hard to break down and when we got an intercept, we broke like lightning a few times.

We wasn’t negative, all we needed was Nugent or Vydra on the end of the box and we just might have got a few more on target and nicked one. Their defence wasn’t so hot, compared to what our defence was having to contend with.

Really proud of the lads, the Manc fans round me conceded two goals was harsh.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes it wasnt Keogh who scored , it was keoogh who crossed i thought and he didnt look offside, so especially cruel that they scored just after that. Several dodgy decision by the ref should have had a free kick on edge of peno area and  a corner in the 2nd half both not given. I spose thats what happens when you are playing at Old Trafford.

Was almost bang in line and our player far side was offside but the cross wasn’t aimed to him, whoever was in the middle challenging looked onside when the ball was played over. That lineo wasn’t the best, got a few ball out of plays wrong too.

Have to say bar two corners one for us, one for them totally the wrong way round, I actually thought considering 67,000 ish fans ready to appeal for anything, he wasn’t too bad in terms of being a “homer”. Gave a fair few fouls to us too. 

He did rob us of a moment of glory in my opinion, whatever would have happened after.

Just back after a circuitous route home.

There are times when losing with pride, honour and effort is enough and tonight we did just that. Scott Carson was fantastic, so too George, Tom Hudds and Keogh and a mention too for Johnny Russell who, once he worked out that he could have an impact did just that, in both attack and defence.  In truth they all did well. Plenty of effort and plenty of skill. I'll take that at this stage.

some random thoughts. I like that GR encouraged the team to have a go.  We weren't defensive or bus parking.  We were pushed back for long periods but weathered the storms and with a bit more coolness could have made more of two or three breakaways.

And the ground/crowd. The last time I went to OT it was terracing and a cauldron of noise.  If this evening was standard then I've heard more support and noise at Lords, with half the number of spectators. Makes you have some sympathy with Roy Keane's prawn sandwich remarks. Whether it's tourists or not I don't know but if we hadn't have been there it would have been silent

Just got back, I thought we competed well against virtually a full strength Man U with us making five changes after a nervous looking first 20 mins we got into the game with none of our players letting themselves down and special praise for Carson who was terrific and I thought Huddlestone showed real quality with the ball and our wide players did well in many aspects and we could easily have walked away with a replay and as for Man U well for all the money they have spent and all the money they earn I would say that they not getting a good return on their investments 

Just got in, well I am so proud of our team tonight, they played with passion and gave it there all, and the fans who was there ere a credit to the city of Derby, we never stop driving the boys on all night, thought Carson showed tonight why he is the best keeper outside the prem, also thought Keogh, Wisdom, Thorne and Lawrance  showed want good players they are, but everyone in a white top played with passion and pride, now let's take this into Birmingham and get a very important 3 points, and let us fans be as loud and proud down at st Andrews, and drive the team on, in every home and away game, we belong in the premiership, and it's about time we returned there.

Great Cup Match. We had our bit of luck at times to keep the score at 0 - 0 and every now and then we worked hard and made a chance.

Carson made some quality saves. Thorne looked good and comfortable by the side of Huddlestone. Lawrence was good.

The whole team showed good fight and strength.

In previous matches in the FA cup v Chelsea, Liverpool & Man U I felt we weren't at the races. Last night I felt we had a plan and could have snatched it. 

I'm glad a result came at the end just to ease any fixture congestion. 

A special mention to the three clowns who were at the game, one who thought it was ok to smoke all through the game, two when challenged about smoking his mate became very threatening and number three when United scored Mr ******** decided to smash the chair up in front of him.

Sith Happens
10 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Just got back.....from a gruelling night shift and reading the forum for an insite into the game. Sounds like we played well and gave everything.

Obviously knowing the score I watched the highlights on i player, eager to dispute our goal that was disallowed.

Bit surprised it never made the highlights. WTF bbc ?

Must have been 30 yards offside, its not even mentioned in any of the match reports I have read.

9 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I find you funny mate,so it sort of evens up?

So do I. I just didn't realise that he bruised so easily.

Pretty certain they have to play glory glory man utd over the tannoy to make up for the lack of atmosphere ..  also didnt the 90mil  man miss an absolute sitter 

just watched the highlights after going to the game maybe we were a bit too honest and someone should have taken a yellow when lukaku got the ball on the break for the second goal 

1 minute ago, G-Ram said:

Pretty certain they have to play glory glory man utd over the tannoy to make up for the lack of atmosphere ..  also didnt the 90mil  man miss an absolute sitter 

just watched the highlights after going to the game maybe we were a bit too honest and someone should have taken a yellow when lukaku got the ball on the break for the second goal 

I said that at the time but it would more likely have been a sending off and a man down for Birmingham - not worth it, imo.

Archived