Would you like a big signing like say Che Adams to bolster promotion hopes

Curtains

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

We are going up. I want 5-6 Premiership class players in during Jan. I'd take Gross, Zaha, Martial, Lamela, Jagielka and maybe a City player who isn't getting much of a kick. Bernando Silva perhaps.

Show some ambition Mel!

Did you snort or inject it 

37 minutes ago, Red_ram said:

After the January signings nearly derailed the BD promotion season and helped contribute to the next season record breaking attempt, i’m generally skeptical on mid-term additions. Echo a lot of what others have said; at this juncture can’t justify the kind of wedge it’d take to buy him, especially as jan is inflated prices in an already bonkers expensive market. With what’s out there a couple of well scouted and chosen loans does seem the sensible option; this gives us flexibility for next season too. Go up and successful loanees might join too aka when Bournemouth went up, but short term no long term commitments we’ll regret.

I agree with the first bit as Billy's transfer dealings in January disrupted rather than propelled us forward. In their promotion season Bournemouth only took two loan players and only Artur Boruc was converted to a permanent deal following promotion so that doesn't work as a comparison.

Not necessarily Adams, but a quality addition might help get us over the line.

Think we could probably add a winger, left back or striker to add a little more to our team but you risk upsetting a happy dressing room for the first time in years. A marquee signing however would probably work against us.

Ideally I think another experienced body at centre half and centre midfield to avoid an injury crisis would be wiser.

12 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Jota for me.

Been crap this season, therefore his value will be at an alltime low - Brum looking at league 1 and he'd likely be wanting out. Rowett can wave his magic and get his Brentford form back ala Vydra

The guys a mercenary. If the rumours are true he turned down Fulham to go to Birmingham just for a few extra quid in his pocket. He’s probably on more money than anybody in our club.

I wouldn't say that Che Adams would be a big signing. Danny Ings certainly would be whether on loan or a permanent though it would be unlikely. Ryan Kent  on loan could be a possibility as he isn't getting games at Freiburg. Alternatively Ulloja from Leicester on loan.

34 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

The guys a mercenary. If the rumours are true he turned down Fulham to go to Birmingham just for a few extra quid in his pocket. He’s probably on more money than anybody in our club.

Yep I'd avoid him. Made comments about not leaving Brentford for another club in the Championship because he loved them so much but then has contract talks with their rivals Fulham. Then goes on to agree a deal with Birmingham to get even more money. God only knows what size wages he's on considering he was their big signing under Redknapp.

Wouldn't mind us having a look at someone like Maddison from Peterborough. He's doing quite well at the minute and would offer something different to Vydra when he's in need of a rest or in games he's not having much luck in. He can also play out wide if needed and again offers something different to the likes of Russell, Weimann, Lawrence etc. I can't imagine him commanding a massive fee, although judging by his Twitter, I bet their chairman would be quite awkward to negotiate with.

Archived