Would you like a big signing like say Che Adams to bolster promotion hopes

Curtains

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep saying we don't need to waste any of this Januarys' transfer budget on a left back, not when there's one, perhaps two other positions which should be addressed. We need an energetic, attacking midfielder (similar to Grealish) and maybe another winger (I'd take Cotterill on a 1 year contract)

3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I keep saying we don't need to waste any of this Januarys' transfer budget on a left back, not when there's one, perhaps two other positions which should be addressed. We need an energetic, attacking midfielder (similar to Bryson) and maybe another winger (I'd take Cotterill on a 1 year contract)

FTFY

3 hours ago, Gritters said:

I reckon we need a good left back. The one at Hull looked good yesterday. 

He's a right back, playing out of position due to injuries.

8 hours ago, Gritters said:

I reckon we need a good left back. The one at Hull looked good yesterday. 

Ola Aina, Chelsea youth right back. 

If Martin (and Bent) might be on their respective ways, a new forward is likely. Assuming we have to be frugal in terms of a fee, a loan might be more likely and I wonder whether Danny Ings or Shane Long might be possible targets to take us through to the summer?

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

If Martin (and Bent) might be on their respective ways, a new forward is likely. Assuming we have to be frugal in terms of a fee, a loan might be more likely and I wonder whether Danny Ings or Shane Long might be possible targets to take us through to the summer?

Danny Ings has been out injured for a long time, do we want to be paying a loan fee (money down toilet) to help a Liverpool player return to fitness?

He’s had 11 minutes on the pitch since starting 4 games since the 15/16 season. 

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Shane Long? Bloody hope you're wrong with that one

11 minutes ago, David said:

Danny Ings has been out injured for a long time, do we want to be paying a loan fee (money down toilet) to help a Liverpool player return to fitness?

And premiership clubs want their players to have guaranteed playing time which completely mucks up team selection and causes lots of disharmony which we don’t need 

10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Decent player but we couldn’t afford him? He is a runner and jumper which would probably suit Rowett so don’t discount him in the future 

1 minute ago, David said:

I understand the point you make.  A loan might make sense though IF we are up against FFP in terms of spending cap at the present time, or Rowett is otherwise unable to buy his ideal choice until the Summer.

In terms of his fitness l think it would be ill-judged to use his recent game time in Liverpool’s first team as the overriding stat.  Not going to be easy for him as 5th or 6th choice to get game time. Not a Klopp signing, and not really a good fit in their system.

IF he is fit, and available for 6 months, l think he could be a very useful addition to the squad.

17 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not too dissimilar a player from Nugent - will work hard along the front line creating space for the 3 behind.  Chips in with a few goals too - a good pro and top end Championship player.  I suspect Southampton will spend much of their Van Djyk windfall on forward options.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I understand the point you make.  A loan might make sense though IF we are up against FFP in terms of spending cap at the present time, or Rowett is otherwise unable to buy his ideal choice until the Summer.

In terms of his fitness l think it would be ill-judged to use his recent game time in Liverpool’s first team as the overriding stat.  Not going to be easy for him as 5th or 6th choice to get game time. Not a Klopp signing, and not really a good fit in their system.

IF he is fit, and available for 6 months, l think he could be a very useful addition to the squad.

5th, 6th or 60th choice is irrelevant in that the point is he won’t be match fit, how can he be? He’s barely played now since the 14/15 season, the only way you get match fit is to play matches. 

We have 22 games left to win promotion, how many of those do you give him time to find his feet ahead of Nugent, Martin and Winnall?

I also don’t see Rowett letting both Martin and Bent leaving next month so a striker isn’t really a position we would be in need of.

1 minute ago, David said:

5th, 6th or 60th choice is irrelevant in that the point is he won’t be match fit, how can he be? He’s barely played now since the 14/15 season, the only way you get match fit is to play matches. 

We have 22 games left to win promotion, how many of those do you give him time to find his feet ahead of Nugent, Martin and Winnall?

I also don’t see Rowett letting both Martin and Bent leaving next month so a striker isn’t really a position we would be in need of.

Do you have his recent game time stats for Liverpool Reserves/U23’s - or are you assuming they only have a first team :p

I think differently about Martin and Bent.  They might both still be around in February but l would take some convincing that is Rowett’s ideal scenario.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Do you have his recent game time stats for Liverpool Reserves/U23’s - or are you assuming they only have a first team :p

I think differently about Martin and Bent.  They might both still be around in February but l would take some convincing that is Rowett’s ideal scenario.

Ahh, misunderstanding my end, apologies. Thought you meant loan him for our first team, not our U23’s :p 

Archived