Would you like a big signing like say Che Adams to bolster promotion hopes

Curtains

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Too dependent on vydra in terms of there is no other option to play that role.

johnno? Lawrence? Russell? Thorne?  Not really 

Weimann has been good - agreed. Johnno is currently preferred to lawrence who is achieving very little.

Johnson is a crash bang wallop kind of a midfield player. hasn't got the pace to join in the vydra, weimann, nugent attacks.

Russell is certainly better from the bench. Not good enough to hold down a first team place.

had a great chance to make it 4-0 v millwall and put the ball out of the ground which he seemed to think was funny.

Erm Russell and Johnson are our highest scorers after the full time forwards Vydra and nugent which is not so shabby 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Che Adams is a very talented player but is being totally coached wrong. Anyone who watched him at Sheffield Utd will know that he has lots of potential. Everyone at Ilkeston was raving about him a few years ago. I think he is in a rashford or martial mould(of course not as good) in that whilst he is younger, it is probably best playing him as a left winger but he will probably end up as a consistent striker as his career progresses. He's very different to anything we have and if the price is reasonable, I'd be well in for him.

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Too dependent on vydra in terms of there is no other option to play that role.

johnno? Lawrence? Russell? Thorne?  Not really 

Weimann has been good - agreed. Johnno is currently preferred to lawrence who is achieving very little.

Johnson is a crash bang wallop kind of a midfield player. hasn't got the pace to join in the vydra, weimann, nugent attacks.

Russell is certainly better from the bench. Not good enough to hold down a first team place.

had a great chance to make it 4-0 v millwall and put the ball out of the ground which he seemed to think was funny.

It was effing funny. And it wasn't a glorious goal at his mercy chance. He didn't know what he was doing, but bless him, he did it as hard as he could!

You're right though, there's not another pure #10 striker like him at the club. If pushed I could see Weimann being played there with the wings being some combo of lawrence, russell, johnson.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Che Adams is a very talented player but is being totally coached wrong. Anyone who watched him at Sheffield Utd will know that he has lots of potential. Everyone at Ilkeston was raving about him a few years ago. I think he is in a rashford or martial mould(of course not as good) in that whilst he is younger, it is probably best playing him as a left winger but he will probably end up as a consistent striker as his career progresses. He's very different to anything we have and if the price is reasonable, I'd be well in for him.

I agree he's more a left winger/forward than striker, and can well see the comparison you've drawn.

If we didn't have Lawrence I'd be a maybe but we can't splash a vast amount on a player not yet ready for the role we'd need him for.

Just now, RamNut said:

So why didn't we buy him from Ilkeston?

chris evans and co were here to identify super-duper talent

Another reason not to sign him.

Could have had him for a set of balls and shirts when we were first linked.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Erm Russell and Johnson are our highest scorers after the full time forwards Vydra and nugent which is not so shabby 

See previous post...

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

we have 5 players covering 3 positions, so one extra wouldn't go amiss. 

4 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Because Clough and his brother found him first like they tend to do.

...and still got back to the shop in time to get the papers delivered.

those pesky cloughs!

19 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It was effing funny. And it wasn't a glorious goal at his mercy chance. He didn't know what he was doing, but bless him, he did it as hard as he could!

You're right though, there's not another pure #10 striker like him at the club. If pushed I could see Weimann being played there with the wings being some combo of lawrence, russell, johnson.

Yes your right I think Weimann could play there he always played there in the Prem behind Benteke he was quite successful as well 

Archived