Would you like a big signing like say Che Adams to bolster promotion hopes

Curtains

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I thought we got 40% of total ground revenue???

Still not gonna fund a 20 mil signing though is it?

Anyway, as to the question of the January transfer window.

Allow Bent, Anya, Shackell etc to move on. 

Then, unless a potential signing is going to be obviously, definitely, positively, indisputably better than what we have, leave well alone.

4 minutes ago, gazram80 said:

What defines a big signing price tag or name,?

I would think that someone would need to be sold I.e a striker if we want another striker. 

Do we really think CM will fetch £8m? Realistic price? 

I think it would be closer to £3m.

@curtains started this thread with a reasonable suggestion. Just because I didn't agree with it, that didn't stop it from being a reasonable position to hold. Not a personal dig at you @gazram80 , but can we please be careful not to transform this into another pro- or anti-Chris Martin thread?

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

It would buy 20 Mason Bennett’s 

At that sort of budget i would think adam hammill (out of contract in the summer), jamie murphy or ben marshall (based on speculation only)

I don't see a wide player who's both affordable and better than what we've got. The only hope in that area, unless GR knows better, which he assuredly does, is a Prem loan in the mould of Ibe...but you can loan in a good kid who does nothing during his spell, like Lingard.

If the rumours are right about Benty and Chris Martin, we'll need a striker. Quick, strong and direct probably, although that can turn out to be Connor Sammon if we pick a wrong 'un...got to trust GR. I'd keep Chris Martin if it were me.

Centre of midfield looks light in some regards. If we lost Ledley or Hudds for a couple of months it'd be Thorne in and Johnson or one of the lads as the bench option. Kief? Surely not now? Risk it with what we've got? Probably.

Everywhere else looks settled to me, and I don't see more than 1, 2 at most coming in. Jan is about the outs.

Why do people feel the need to stir the pot like this when we're doing so well?

If we start to falter in February, you can bet your life certain people will say we didn't invest enough in January. 

Is it so hard to just give your own club credit instead of preparing excuses to have a pop at your own club? 

After the January signings nearly derailed the BD promotion season and helped contribute to the next season record breaking attempt, i’m generally skeptical on mid-term additions. Echo a lot of what others have said; at this juncture can’t justify the kind of wedge it’d take to buy him, especially as jan is inflated prices in an already bonkers expensive market. With what’s out there a couple of well scouted and chosen loans does seem the sensible option; this gives us flexibility for next season too. Go up and successful loanees might join too aka when Bournemouth went up, but short term no long term commitments we’ll regret.

Archived