Cheese

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I normally drive over to Cropwell Bishop and buy half a wheel of Stilton direct from the dairy.

Chuck in some mature cheddar, bit of goats cheese and something softer like a Boursan, variety of crackers and some nice Chutneys and jobs a good un.

Maybe some pate too.

For once @David has it right, cheese pretty much improves every other food.

Bloke down the road was a big cheese eater.  Said

"A life without cheese is not worth living" 

Then had a huge heart attack. Still around but not allowed to eat cheese.

Me, acting on the "lightning doesn't strike on the same road" principle have it most meals

sage Derby?

Brie?

Austrian smoked?

Happy breakfast order in ng9 

The little cheese shop on Cromford canal usually has some good offers on interesting cheeses. Last year I got about four and a half tons of Winchester for around 12p. They were clearing it out for some more ‘Christmassy’ cheeses to come in. Also, if you like stilton (I don’t), the Red Lion at Birchover sells a good local one. 

My favourite meal on earth is welsh rabbit. Peak Farm extra mature cheddar is ideal because it melts to the perfect texture. Some cheddars, like Pilgrims’ Choice, go all stringy. Melt in a pan with a dash of milk, worcester sauce, mustard, chilli and black pepper, pour onto hot buttered toast and allow to congeal slightly before eating. 

Best cheese ever, parmesan. 

4 hours ago, Kernow said:

My advice is don't eat cheese at all. Disgusting stuff. Everything about it is horrible.

I won't eat anything that has cheese in it, or on it. That includes pizza.

This is disturbing. I don't eat pizza .. Because it has a flour base , which is a waste , it should have more  cheese.

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

Website looks good. Was thinking of buying some posh cheese for xmas. Any recommendations?

Any of the full-flavoured bries - I love to stuff rosemary sprigs and garlic shavings into them then pop them in the oven. 15 to 20 mins @180 then cut a cross in the top and dunk fresh french stick bread chunks, fondu-stylee. I love the hard cheeses too - Emmental and Gouda are my favourites but I'm not terribly adventurous and tend to stick to what I know. I'd be getting some Somerset Cheddar too to go with Boxing Day cold-cuts.

All of sudden I feel quite peckish! :lol:

Archived