We're coming after you Wolves

B4ev6is

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's odd that a whole load of football stats sites have disappeared. I wonnder if it's the EFL losing them down claiming some sort of copyright on the information.

This is from WhoScored which seems to have an official seal of approval. You can customize the table at:

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/England-Championship

Thatnks for that. Looks good.:thumbsup:

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, David said:

It's been a good month. Our Gary must be Manager of the Month again, might be a double scoop with Carson's clean sheets.

Just possible Lee Johnson will get it for also knocking out Man Utd to get to the League Cup semifinals. Hope Carson's achievements are recognized.

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Just possible Lee Johnson will get it for also knocking out Man Utd to get to the League Cup semifinals. Hope Carson's achievements are recognized.

Don't think the cups come into play for this do they, just the league?

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Here's the table showing off the very best of our stats for this season

5a481709be0c7_SeasonsinceearlyOct.thumb.JPG.e4156437728ef6fee849377fde40ce9f.JPG

It shows how well we've done and gives a huge amount of cause for optimism. But even the very best of our form this season isn't quite as good as Wolves over that exact same period, and they've been much better at other times.

Brentford are the surprise for me, but just as Wolves are too far ahead of us to be caught, unless they have the mother of all slumps, the same can be said of us and Brentford. Looking at this table it really does seem to come down to us and Bristol City for second, with Cardiff having an outside chance,

Please rescind this post.

I'm fairly certain it was you who posted only a few weeks back how we couldn't catch Cardiff for second, never mind Wolves for the title, and backed it up with stats!

Since that post all has been gravy, yet now you risk undoing all your good work by posting this drivel.

Apologies if it wasn't you, obviously!

19 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Please rescind this post.

I'm fairly certain it was you who posted only a few weeks back how we couldn't catch Cardiff for second, never mind Wolves for the title, and backed it up with stats!

Since that post all has been gravy, yet now you risk undoing all your good work by posting this drivel.

Apologies if it wasn't you, obviously!

Having demonstrated that we couldn't possibly catch Cardiff before the season ended, my intention was to do the same with Wolves.

8 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

You may be right, I don't know, but what stats/proof have you got that they are "blatantly abusing ffp rules"? Which rules do you mean and how are they abusing them? Genuine question. 

Approx 45 mil spent on transfers in last 2 years plus massive wages (neves etc reportedly on 80k per week). Wolves only have a modest income so it's difficult to see how they could possibly stay within 39 mill loss over 3 years. I think the statements from their chairman about ffp say it all https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2017/09/08/wolves-chairman-jeff-shi-financial-fair-play-can-wait/

It looks like the gamble will work for them though especially after last nights result

3 hours ago, Spenno said:

Approx 45 mil spent on transfers in last 2 years plus massive wages (neves etc reportedly on 80k per week). Wolves only have a modest income so it's difficult to see how they could possibly stay within 39 mill loss over 3 years. I think the statements from their chairman about ffp say it all https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2017/09/08/wolves-chairman-jeff-shi-financial-fair-play-can-wait/

It looks like the gamble will work for them though especially after last nights result

Thanks for this. I've never taken the trouble to learn the real ins and outs of FFP because to me the whole thing is meaningless - clubs find loopholes and ways round it, and if they get promoted any fine they receive is a drop in the ocean relating to what they receive for being promoted, and I guess this is Wolves' tactic. 

The £40 million fine for QPR is interesting, but I bet they never have to pay it or anything like it.

Watched all the Bristol City v Wolves game. In terms of where we are, I would say that Wolverhampton already have a team capable of competing in the Premier League, where as DCFC are an improving top six championship team. That's not being negative, just realistic. Rowett has done very well so far, transforming that team into promotion contenders. 

1 minute ago, europia said:

Watched all the Bristol City v Wolves game. In terms of where we are, I would say that Wolverhampton already have a team capable of competing in the Premier League, where as DCFC are an improving top six championship team. That's not being negative, just realistic. Rowett has done very well so far, transforming that team into promotion contenders. 

Agree entirely, Wolves will win the league and the EFL limits won't apply as the Promotion booty and any possible parachute payments will cover.

Our issue is different we have spent as much money and narrowly missed out even though the journey is enjoyable, the ffp is/was much nearer the bone,

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I think derby will win the league come may even channel 5 says so

If a failed radio DJ, a poor mans Claire balding, Chris "pronounce my name differently every week" iwelumo and mickey "serial killer glasses" gray say so then it must be true.

Champions.

Archived