We're coming after you Wolves

B4ev6is

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well steady on.. but we are 9 points ahead of 7th place now. We need to keep increasing that gap if we can so play offs are secured as soon as we can.  Gone past 50 points, next target is 60 points asap.

21 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Cthey drop point once again when they should be all 3 point if they are that not convinced by them I think there wheels coming off.

Don't want to dampen your spirits but I want you to be realistic. The title has long gone. Despite our fantastic run, we are still 10 points behind Wolves. Wolves are in their worst form of the season but are still not losing games. When they get back into form, they will start to blow teams away again.

Put it this way, we can only get worse whilst Wolves can only get better. 2nd is the priority. It doesn't matter how we get promoted, as long as we do.

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Don't want to dampen your spirits but I want you to be realistic. The title has long gone. Despite our fantastic run, we are still 10 points behind Wolves. Wolves are in their worst form of the season but are still not losing games. When they get back into form, they will start to blow teams away again.

Put it this way, we can only get worse whilst Wolves can only get better. 2nd is the priority. It doesn't matter how we get promoted, as long as we do.

Agree with most of this except the Wolves can only get better. They can get worse, they can lose 2-3 in a row, I don't expect them to but it is possible.

12 minutes ago, jono said:

Today, 12 points becomes 10. Then maybe they have a bad day we have a good day and then it's 7 ... Who knows. Keep playing. 

Quite, if we got it down to 5/6 points, how would they handle it ? Don’t get me wrong, they’ve done very well but I’d like to see if they could handle a squeaky bum situation.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Agree with most of this except the Wolves can only get better. They can get worse, they can lose 2-3 in a row, I don't expect them to but it is possible.

We fell from the top two years in a row. Anything’s possible !! Can’t see it happening though 

14 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It would be interesting to compare our points tally over the last 20 games with theirs. I'm pretty sure we have made up quite a bit of ground on them. Why should that not continue?  

Just now, Gerry Daly said:

It would be interesting to compare our points tally over the last 20 games with theirs. I'm pretty sure we have made up quite a bit of ground on them. Why should that not continue?  

Someone posted the stats a few weeks ago and we haven't actually made points up on Wolves in comparison to the first half of the season, the gap's shockingly got larger. As I said, Wolves are long gone. Wolves are only going to get stronger now as the busy winter period has gone, which some of their new foreign players would not have been used to.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Someone posted the stats a few weeks ago and we haven't actually made points up on Wolves in comparison to the first half of the season, the gap's shockingly got larger. As I said, Wolves are long gone. Wolves are only going to get stronger now as the busy winter period has gone, which some of their new foreign players would not have been used to.

Wolves are not long gone, it only takes a bad run to be caught. The gap is 10 points. Not out of the question to close it. I actually think Wolves will get promoted however it's not a foregone conclusion. If Leicester can win the Premier League, anything in football can happen. 

12 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Quite, if we got it down to 5/6 points, how would they handle it ? Don’t get me wrong, they’ve done very well but I’d like to see if they could handle a squeaky bum situation.

Then we'll see if them paying extortianate fees for players with European experience was worth it.

Would be more than happy with second place personally - just to be out of the championship let alone avoid the play off lottery will be awesome.

6 minutes ago, Davide said:

Wolves are not long gone, it only takes a bad run to be caught. The gap is 10 points. Not out of the question to close it. I actually think Wolves will get promoted however it's not a foregone conclusion. If Leicester can win the Premier League, anything in football can happen. 

Wolves are in their bad run but they still aren't losing. Their poor recent performances have coincided with the winter football in England which was to be expected as many of their players and the manager are used to winter breaks. They will only get better as they will have more rest in midweeks from now on. Nuno is a champions league quality manager in the championship. There is a far greater chance of us collapsing than Wolves, although I don't think either side will collapse now.

1 minute ago, Rample said:

Then we'll see if them paying extortianate fees for players with European experience was worth it.

Would be more than happy with second place personally - just to be out of the championship let alone avoid the play off lottery will be awesome.

Totally agree with you, if someone said to me October time we’d be 2nd in the table I wouldn’t have had any of it, finishing second (for me) would be a wonderful achievement for Rowett and his staff, I still hate his “in the building” and referring to players as “bodies” rhetoric but my goodness, he’s instilling a belief and determination into his team I can only admire. 

28 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

They'd be more than fine as their manager is a champions league quality manager and they are filled with players who are used to high pressure situations. There's more chance of us collapsing to be honest but I don't think either of us will collapse(providing we don't suffer injuries)

I cannot see any obvious reason why we should lose games now. Worldie shots, dubious penalties and major injuries appear to be the factors out of our control. Rowett oozes confidence and a sense of direction. all the players know what is expected of them and they do not really attempt stupid things that can give away goals.

11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

They'd be more than fine as their manager is a champions league quality manager and they are filled with players who are used to high pressure situations. There's more chance of us collapsing to be honest but I don't think either of us will collapse(providing we don't suffer injuries)

I think it may be a more exciting climax to the season than you do, I mean,  Wolves really should win the league but I’m not sure it will be by a 10/12 point margin. COYR.

Archived