We're coming after you Wolves

B4ev6is

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Who said I was offended, just found it strange. Just asking the question is everyone not a proper footy fan? As in aren't we all proper footy fans? Now you have singled b4 as a proper footy fan and stated that pretty much everyone else isn't, thanks :thumbsup:

#McClarenglorysupporter ?

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/01/2018 at 14:04, Promotionrace said:

Wolves only need 10 wins to win the title 

8 of their remaining home fixtures are against the bottom half of the league

Norwich, QPR, Forest, Wednesday, Reading, Hull,  Burton, Birmingham, 

They beat them all away apart from QPR. 

Give them 8 wins them that means they need two from their away games. 

Bolton and Sunderland away. Two teams in the bottom 4.

The league isn’t there to be won IMO

most of the bottom half will be fighting a relegation battle so it might supply with one or two suprise's.

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

Who said I was offended, just found it strange. Just asking the question is everyone not a proper footy fan? As in aren't we all proper footy fans? Now you have singled b4 as a proper footy fan and stated that pretty much everyone else isn't, thanks :thumbsup:

How does it suggest anything about everyone else. It was a reply to a specific post. Get over yourself. It's not about you at all!!!! Jeeez.

Based on current form alone, we'd catch Wolves sometime in 2019, after another seasons worth of games. But by then we'd be about 20 pts clear of 3rd.

Reeling them in would require impressive consistency from us and some bad form for them.

We're definitely looking in the rear view mirror, not at Wolves' brake lights. If we find ourselves passing a Wolves' shaped crash at some point along the way that would be a nice surprise, but its unlikely.

38 minutes ago, 86 points said:

It's wasn't intended as a comment on 'everybody else', it was specifically directed I believe. 

As for your question, one kind of proper footy fan, to my mind at least, is one who's not always trying to pick holes and simply believes his team can prosper, even sometimes when it seems highly unlikely.

Might I ask, by 'everyone else' are you lumping together those who habitually ridicule the lad for this particular way of thinking? His grammar, spelling and other such niceties? If so, then I guess the answer to your question would be a resounding yes. 

18 minutes ago, 86 points said:

How does it suggest anything about everyone else. It was a reply to a specific post. Get over yourself. It's not about you at all!!!! Jeeez.

See if I had responded to what you altered your post to it would have been a fair enough.

I dislike the term "proper fan", and would argue everyone who supports their team are "proper fans" as there is no right or wrong way of being a fan.

I do not agree with people that make weight on spelling and grammar on any poster, but no poster is beyond question for their opinion, some go the wrong way about it but still have a right to question others opinion.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

See if I had responded to what you altered your post to it would have been a fair enough.

I dislike the term "proper fan", and would argue everyone who supports their team are "proper fans" as there is no right or wrong way of being a fan.

I do not agree with people that make weight on spelling and grammar on any poster, but no poster is beyond question for their opinion, some go the wrong way about it but still have a right to question others opinion.

All fair enough my man but by your own reasoning, if we're all entitled to our comments then you'll have to suffer mine and, more importantly, B4's.. This said, the lad has made his stance clear and his confidence and belief are 100% unshakeable so it'd be grand if folk just stopped relentlessly trying to bend his thinking to their own. It ain't gonna happen anyway, least until the maths says so and even then possibly not knowing Our B4! I love that personally and that's why I posted what I did. It's that simple :thumbsup:

I have to say that I find B4's optimism and positivity a refreshing change from so much moaning that goes on here. It is also fair to say that his prediction of where would be at this stage of the season has been way more accurate than most posters on here, me included. Long may that continue!

38 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

I have to say that I find B4's optimism and positivity a refreshing change from so much moaning that goes on here. It is also fair to say that his prediction of where would be at this stage of the season has been way more accurate than most posters on here, me included. Long may that continue!

You're not alone mate :thumbsup: I've actually backed Derby to win the league for a very tidy sum at all sorts of prices on the exchanges at various points earlier in the season. I do the same every year silly though it is. My other half thinks I'm beyond deluded and is now properly on my case to cash out as she says second is the best I can hope for. She may well be right, but as far as I'm concerned, she's got enough feckin shoes already.

39 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

There are those that at 4 nil down on 80 minutes have seen enough, there are those at 4 nil down on 80 minutes who'll see it through, hoping they still get to see something worth a cheer, then there's B4 who'll be thinking about snatching the draw :thumbsup:

Win,for heaven's sake! Never depict b4 as a pessimist.

On 14/01/2018 at 14:04, Promotionrace said:

Wolves only need 10 wins to win the title 

8 of their remaining home fixtures are against the bottom half of the league

Norwich, QPR, Forest, Wednesday, Reading, Hull,  Burton, Birmingham, 

They beat them all away apart from QPR. 

Give them 8 wins them that means they need two from their away games. 

Bolton and Sunderland away. Two teams in the bottom 4.

The league isn’t there to be won IMO

Given we arent gonna win every game, I think they would need to loose about 4 maybe 5 for us (or anyone else) to catch them.

I just dont see that happening.

Ive been watching football and looking at long tables for quarter of a century, and yes you would need a major collapse from them now for them NOT to win the league.

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:34, McLovin said:

Don't want to dampen your spirits but I want you to be realistic. The title has long gone. Despite our fantastic run, we are still 10 points behind Wolves. Wolves are in their worst form of the season but are still not losing games. When they get back into form, they will start to blow teams away again.

Put it this way, we can only get worse whilst Wolves can only get better. 2nd is the priority. It doesn't matter how we get promoted, as long as we do.

This bit is clearly not true.

Archived