We're coming after you Wolves

B4ev6is

11 hours ago, Promotionrace said:

What’s scary is that although Wolves have dropped points in their last 13 games. (10 wins 3 draws) in the time of year when everyone would thought they would struggle, the 3 draws tell a different story.

0-0 against Sunderland (Home)

Wolves 23 shots - Sunderland 1

Wolves 72% possession - Sunderland 28%

2-2 against Millwall (Away)

Wolves 20 shots - Millwall 11

Wolves 63% possession - Millwall 37%

0-0 against Barnsley (away)

Wolves 13 shots - Barnsley 7

Wolves 59% possession - Barnsley 41%

Thats their poor form. 

Yep! Playing for 2nd.

I wouldn't say so you look at the games they have to play theirs is the hardest out of them all they basically play all top 9 teams apart from 1 (can't remember who)

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What surprised me is that Cardiff, having just lost 4 on the bounce, leap-frogged us briefly yesterday, and are just 2 points behind.

The 2 teams running into a bit of form are Villa, 5 points behind, and Fulham with 22 points from the last 10 games (we got 23 , Wolves 24).

Fulham are 10 points behind us. Are their supporters also saying 'We're coming after you Derby'?

4 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

What surprised me is that Cardiff, having just lost 4 on the bounce, leap-frogged us briefly yesterday, and are just 2 points behind.

The 2 teams running into a bit of form are Villa, 5 points behind, and Fulham with 22 points from the last 10 games (we got 23 , Wolves 24).

Fulham are 10 points behind us. Are their supporters also saying 'We're coming after you Derby'?

But before that we were 7 points or so behind them. It's quite a swing.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

But before that we were 7 points or so behind them. It's quite a swing.

Yes, I accept that. I just had it in my mind that they were a bit further adrift. Cardiff certainly got their season off to a flyer, and Colin's a seasoned old campaigner. They're a big threat, no doubt about that.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Yes, I accept that. I just had it in myfantas mind that they were a bit further adrift. Cardiff certainly got their season off to a flyer, and Colin's a seasoned old campaigner. They're a big threat, no doubt about that.

Of course, but our form is fantastic, not saying it will happen but if form continues as is we will be out of sight by the start of march.

Its the championship so will be some twists and turns yet though.

pity we couldn't beat hull on boxing day. 

We'd be looking great with those two extra points.

ditto - sheff utd.

not sure that there's much more that these players can give. They are already giving 100%.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

ditto - sheff utd.

not sure that there's much more that these players can give. They are already giving 100%.

Can't win em all...could be two valuable points at the end of the season.

Catching Wolves just isn't important; achieving 2nd spot in May is the real target. The prize is the same for 1st or 2nd place  - automatic promotion. 

I wouldn't t enjoy a play-offs off battle, we have bottled it too often. 

After repeated campaign where the wheels have come off, it is vital for Derby to sustain form and get that monkey off our backs. 

Tremendous performance at Brum, resolute and ruthless. Looking good...can we keep it going?

C O Y R

1 hour ago, Derbylad92 said:

I wouldn't say so you look at the games they have to play theirs is the hardest out of them all they basically play all top 9 teams apart from 1 (can't remember who)

Wolves only need 10 wins to win the title 

8 of their remaining home fixtures are against the bottom half of the league

Norwich, QPR, Forest, Wednesday, Reading, Hull,  Burton, Birmingham, 

They beat them all away apart from QPR. 

Give them 8 wins them that means they need two from their away games. 

Bolton and Sunderland away. Two teams in the bottom 4.

The league isn’t there to be won IMO

13 minutes ago, Promotionrace said:

Wolves only need 10 wins to win the title 

8 of their remaining home fixtures are against the bottom half of the league

Norwich, QPR, Forest, Wednesday, Reading, Hull,  Burton, Birmingham, 

They beat them all away apart from QPR. 

Give them 8 wins them that means they need two from their away games. 

Bolton and Sunderland away. Two teams in the bottom 4.

The league isn’t there to be won IMO

Did you enjoy maths at school ?

On 1/13/2018 at 18:19, McLovin said:

Interested why you have got an agenda against Wolves yet you haven't mentioned Bristol City or Cardiff "bottling it".

Well we can't 'catch Bristol or Cardiff can we as they're behind us already. B4 has no 'agenda' as you put it, he's just a proper footy fan. 

14 hours ago, RamNut said:

ditto - sheff utd.

Both teams should have beaten us, especially Hull who missed about 3 sitters. 2 points gained as far as I'm concerned.

17 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

We should be aiming for them now, our form is good enough. Let’s set our eyes on winning the league and if we fall short, it’ll hopefully only mean finishing 2nd.

Yep this. If we have Wolves in our sights and reduce their lead in anyway between now and May I think it's likely we'll finish second and get promoted. Simple as that really, Wolves are a cut above this season and if we hang onto them we will be very difficult to overtake.

6 hours ago, rynny said:

What does that even mean? And is everybody else not proper footy fans?

It's wasn't intended as a comment on 'everybody else', it was specifically directed I believe. 

As for your question, one kind of proper footy fan, to my mind at least, is one who's not always trying to pick holes and simply believes his team can prosper, even sometimes when it seems highly unlikely.

Might I ask, by 'everyone else' are you lumping together those who habitually ridicule the lad for this particular way of thinking? His grammar, spelling and other such niceties? If so, then I guess the answer to your question would be a resounding yes. 

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

It's not a comment on everyone else so stop trying to make it one. A proper footy fan to my mind at least, is one who's not always trying to pick holes and simply believes his team can prosper, even sometimes when it seems unlikely. I'm sorry my syntax offended you so much. :thumbsup:

Who said I was offended, just found it strange. Just asking the question is everyone not a proper footy fan? As in aren't we all proper footy fans? Now you have singled b4 as a proper footy fan and stated that pretty much everyone else isn't, thanks :thumbsup:

Archived