Zak Brunt - Academy kid

Keepyuppy

Blue5 - Perhaps the way forward is to implement a retrospective fee should players like Zak make it elsewhere.

Mrhappy - I think that's a really sensible and fair way of approaching it.

Mrhappy - One of the reasons Zak wanted to leave Derby was that they were standing in the way of his futsal aspirations..........today he made his England debut at u19, at St Georges park. This would probably not have happened had he not 'left'.

if a player feels futsal (or any other curricular activity) might enhance his game, then he should not be prrevented from taking part. We have to remember we are talking about children here, and we as adults are always saying it's the enjoyment which is the main thing. If the child enjoys his futsal, basketball etc, then surely he shouldn't quit to appease an academy.

Ernie - Any idea why Derby didn’t want him to take part?

mrhappy - they simply said his involvement might not be perceived well by some at the club.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/4/2017 at 12:12, FrostedRam said:

A little more on his background here

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/the-nightmares-that-lurk-beneath-the-football-dream-laid-bare-in-/4bg4ts9otawh1txlqx0x0ay1q

He has left two clubs in acrimonious circumstances, went to Madrid and was in breach of law due to his dad being unemployed. FIFA rules state you can only move internationally if i parent has to move for employment.

article is interesting in that it says parents and agents are using gifted children as cash cows and Not thinking of the human being. Could this be the answer to why he’s moving around a lot. Pushy parents and greedy agents. ???

The whole thing could be alot easier if his dad got a flipping job and stopped interfering all the time

Around the time when he left the academy,it seems that there were other things goings on in their lives. other pressures.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/pictures-neighbours-too-upset-to-speak-after-chesterfield-dog-attack-1-8565342

https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/2017/july/20170702-recuperating-fan-dines-with-players/

Why not let him play for england at futsal and just get on with his training back at Derby if he is as good as some suggest.

10 hours ago, RamNut said:

A bit of a find here.......

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=61421&st=0

Same issue discussed on chesterfield forum with one difference

mrhappy is someone very close to zak and contributes to the thread anonymously

apparently the reason he left man city was due to bullying by a coach who has since been sacked.

"One of the reasons Zak wanted to leave Derby was that they were standing in the way of his futsal aspirations..........today he made his England debut at u19, at St Georges park. This would probably not have happened had he not 'left'.
Congratulations Zak! "

"Any idea why Derby didn’t want him to take part?
I'm told there was no clear reason, they simply said his involvement might not be perceived well by some at the club." 

As we all know you can't have your cake and eat it! He's made his choice and it's futsal. 

If he was missing training sessions to play Futsal then it's no surprise he was dropped.

I would imagine at training sessions you go over things like tactics and work on partnerships on the pitch. If you are missing these sessions to do an extra-curricular activity you shouldn't be surprised if you are dropped for those who do turn up to every session. 

Think about what that would do to team morale. You turn up to every training session and then get dropped on game day for someone who only turns up for matches.

If I was a coach I wouldn't let it fly, and if I was a teammate of his I'd wonder what the hell was going on and why my place was being taken by someone who clearly doesn't share the same commitment that I do.

7 hours ago, RamNut said:

Why not let him play for england at futsal and just get on with his training back at Derby if he is as good as some suggest.

I wanted to pursue my chosen hobby of sitting around at home doing bugger all, maybe playing a bit of playstation - But apparently the 'teachers' at 'school' wouldn't let me do that at 15...

Letting kids do whatever they want because they think it's more fun is what seems to have created a generation of precious little snowflakes - Life isn't like that - If a club is paying for his football development he should appreciate that - And if they don't think him skipping training to go play futsal is the right thing to do then he has to make the choice which he wants

I'd have to check but my mate is a big Argentinian football fan - He said they discourage playing it at professional clubs after about 13 because at that point they've taken the benefit of learning the close control but if they carry on too much they don't develop the understanding of playing on a full pitch and (more importantly) the physical side of the game playing on a full size pitch - Dunno how true that is though - Might be just his perception of what happens

it wasn't that long ago that we were promoting futsal....

Players will receive coaching from England international Futsal players, play in a city-wide competition and those displaying skill can apply to join Derby County’s Futsal and Education Scholarship for 16-17 year olds. 

And the FA ELite Player Performance Plan for academies states....

Youth Development Phase

Academy players from Under-12 to Under-16 age groups benefit from a range of national and international tournaments across different formats, designed to extend and consolidare players' learning at different stages of their development (including) Futsal festivals
The 5-a-side format allows players to develop confidence on the ball, improve their decision making in one-on-one situations and ball retention. Players experience the alternative format in a fun, enjoyable environment, which will focus on enhancing the player’s love of the game.

On 14 November 2017 at 10:19, LazloW said:

Out of interest, and slightly off topic, but what about the plans for the academy makes them 'somewhat over ambitious'?  

After a bit more research......the original plans were indeed refused in feb 2016 . The current approval relates to new planning applications with revised proposals. The original scheme was scaled back. Two storeys were removed from the proposal. The redesign was recommended for refusal but then approved by the planning committee.

The previous scheme, refused in May 2016, included a two further storeys over the central section of this building, incorporating catering for the students, staff, players and visitors. They also included a larger bistro/canteen/restaurant, players’ lounge, press room and roof terraces in order to view the surrounding activities should not be missed. These two extra storeys have now been removed, in order to eliminate any further visual impact on the surrounding Greenbelt. 

Archived