Zak Brunt - Academy kid

Keepyuppy

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might have gone if derby weren't playing....

MATLOCK TOWN 3-2 GRANTHAM TOWN

An exciting Integro Cup tie went Matlock’s way thanks to Dwayne Wiley’s 82nd minute decider after the hosts had earlier gone in front and then fallen behind.

there was a full debut for 16 years old Zak Brunt on the left with Ricky German and Noel Burdett being the central striking partnership.

Brunt showed what an exciting talent he is with a pin point pass to German who turned smartly to curl a fine effort narrowly over the bar at the start of the second period.

Matlock reacted with gusto showing a willingness to battle and they levelled when Brunt hoisted a great corner to the far post where YATES rose majestically to head back across goal and into the opposite corner.

Matlock continued to bang at the door as Brunt was narrowly too high.

3 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

You didn't miss much Ramnut. The kid started, passed to a German once, took a corner from which Town scored and shot once but over the bar

More than we achieved in the first half.

• 1 month later...
PistoldPete2
On 07/01/2018 at 18:55, Moist One said:

sorry to drag this thread open. There's a documentary on BT Sport "No Hunger in Paradise". Has a section about this kid.

CBA with this. What a cry baby.

If you watch this doc and see his experience within context then I don't understand how you can't feel some empathy. I don't know how the situation stands now, but an 80,000 pound barrier to entry of joining another club at age 14 is just cruelty in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, K-Ram said:

If you watch this doc and see his experience within context then I don't understand how you can't feel some empathy. I don't know how the situation stands now, but an 80,000 pound barrier to entry of joining another club at age 14 is just cruelty in my opinion.

perhaps his parent(s) shouldn't commit him to something they aren't committed to.

<1% of academy players make it, and there are plenty that do not even get the chance of a place in the academy. I have no sympathy/empathy.

If he wanted to go his own way in the game, don't trial with other clubs.

3 hours ago, Moist One said:

perhaps his parent(s) shouldn't commit him to something they aren't committed to.

<1% of academy players make it, and there are plenty that do not even get the chance of a place in the academy. I have no sympathy/empathy.

If he wanted to go his own way in the game, don't trial with other clubs.

The Daily Telegraph article makes it clear that Derby (and other clubs) have invested heavily in the kid, and also that Derby will not expect a lower league team to pay the £80,000 - more likely to agree a sell-on fee if he turns out to be a wunderkid.  Clearly if he went on to play for Chelsea or whatever then Derby should get back some of their investment - who can argue with that? 

He walked out on the club because he wasn't prepared to commit 100% (ie the Futsal distraction).  Why his dad is still flogging this as news is beyond me - it just labels him as trouble.  He's playing at Matlock - says it all, surely?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived