Zak Brunt - Academy kid

Keepyuppy

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Interestedparty said:

Yes but his dad probably doesn't rate your manager's tactics and might not be sure that Zak will be played in the right position or be allowed to take penalties and free kicks etc etc etc

Then he should have advised him not to sign for Derby.IF  you are an interested party what happened at  Man Utd-Man city and Villa?

9 hours ago, philmycock said:

He shops at Park Farm Centre, Allestree, seems happy enough even though he missed out on the halcyon days!

I'd carry his bags. Great player.

If you Google Derby County U15s there's a link to a match report from Mon 8 May on an U15 game against Man City. Louie Sibley started. Zak Brunt came on as a 74th minute sub but doesn't get any real mention in the report itself. Man City won 3-1.

Here's the link: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/05/u15s-narrowly-beaten-by-man-city-in-tight-floodlit-cup-final

Wonder if the unused sub named Phillips is Kevin Phillips's son.

On 11/10/2017 at 08:54, Interestedparty said:

Yes but his dad probably doesn't rate your manager's tactics and might not be sure that Zak will be played in the right position or be allowed to take penalties and free kicks etc etc etc

that says it all when the lads father thinks he knows more than a team of highly respected coachesSad to say the dads going to ruin the lads career

6 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Any further updates on this ? assume the lad is still with us and they have both ran out of dummies to spit out of their pram.

I think he left last May when the row developed apparently about him playing for england at futsal presumably without permission.

i don't know much about futsal except that it seems to be possible to be a professional futsal player and england's futsal team play  at st george's park. Maybe derby saw that as a threat? 

Zak is now playing futsal and seems to be highly rated judging by this.....

1) Zak Brunt
Club: University of Nottingham Futsal Club/FS Derby Futsal Club
Position: Fix

At just 15 years of age, Uni of Nottingham Academy star Zak Brunt is fast emerging as one of the most exciting Futsal prospects in the East Midlands.

The youngster burst onto the scene under the watchful eye of David “Bucky” O’Hare whilst playing for Chesterfield Futsal Club in the Willows Sports Centre Summer Futsal League in 2016. A pivotal part in his sides league triumph, Brunt was invited to train with FS Derby’s senior set up alongside a number of impressive young players as a reward for his achievements.

Following guidance from Frank Chiarella, and latterly Dan Smith since he signed with UoN’s extremely exciting youth set up, it was no surprise to see the news that Zak had been asked to join the East Midlands U19 Centre of Excellence by coaches James Barlow and Marc Forrest. Watch this space, this young man is extremely talented!

http://www.thedailyfutsal.com/795-2/

AUGUST 27, 2017

PRE-SEASON: Talented young English players Zak Brunt and Tom Doar have both been included as part of the University of Nottingham Futsal squad for pre-season ahead of the 2017/2018 campaign.

Both fifteen years of age, Brunt and Doar have been given the opportunity to progress from the University of Nottingham Futsal Academy, to train and gain experience with the performance squad in order to aid their long term development with the club.

Brunt expressed his delight: “It’s amazing to be asked to be involved with the first team at Nottingham and involved in Futsal at such a high level. I can’t wait to start pre-season with the guys. They are an amazing bunch and they really bring out the best in me and so does the coach Marc. I’ve worked with the guys at Nottingham before and Marc separately. I’ve loved my experiences with both and can’t wait to get started”.

Head of Performance Futsal, Marc Forrest spoke of the young players inclusion: “It is essential to support the development of young players as they are fundamental to the future of both the club and sport in this country. We are proud to have Zak and Tom join us this season with the first team and thoroughly deserve the opportunity”.

Good luck to the England Futsal Senior National Team playing against Wales this weekend at St Georges Park including University of Nottingham Futsal's Dylan Malpas.

Zak Brunt and Olly Whaley will also feature for the England Under 19 squad with Tom Gascoyne featuring for the England Under 23 squad tomorrow.

Watch Live on FATV:

in the old days Cloughie would have turned up at his house and sorted it.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

I think he left last May when the row developed apparently about him playing for england at futsal presumably without permission.

i don't know much about futsal except that it seems to be possible to be a professional futsal player and england's futsal team play  at st george's park. Maybe derby saw that as a threat? 

Zak is now playing futsal and seems to be highly rated judging by this....

So he took another's Academy place and wasted our money?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

So he took another's Academy place and wasted our money?

No idea what you mean.

we are recruiting all the time. Jayden bogle was at Reading from aged 6 to u9 to u14, then went to swindon to u15, then came to Derby.

kids move 

In his first interview since joining the club, Derby County Under 18s defender Jayden Bogle says the opportunity to link up with the Rams was one that he ‘couldn’t pass up’.

The promising young full-back joined the club from Swindon Town alongside teammate Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, Cheltenham Town's Luke Thomas and Ilkeston FC's Lewis Walker back in January of this year and has since made a successful transition into the Under 18 squad on a full time basis.

Bogle featured for the Justin Walker and Rory Delap’s squad on a handful occasions during the 2015/16 U18 Premier League campaign and believes that the experience is something that has benefitted him during his current transitional period.

Reflecting on his time so far at Derby, Bogle spoke to dcfc.co.uk and said: “The move up to Derby has been really good. It’s bigger than I could have imagined in terms of the facilities and the high level that the academy is at.

“When I first got the call from Derby to come up and have a look around the Training Centre – I don’t think I was expecting it to be quite so good..

With the club taking on 15 new scholars for the new season, places in the starting XI are up for grabs and Bogle welcomes the competition.

“Only eleven can play so everything counts, both on and off the pitch.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

You mean his Dad's a shyster who owes us ££££££££s and we are funding the coaching of his kid!!!

how can this be allowed!!!

It’s just football business, Mel’s got it all under control, I wouldn’t worry too much about it, look how sunny it is, shall we go out and get some fresh air?

On 12 November 2017 at 06:03, RamNut said:

Cloughie would have put the parent back in his proper place 

On 12 November 2017 at 06:03, RamNut said:

I'm staggered that with the hours academy kids have to put in at the age of 15 that either the father, the player or the futsal guys would believe it was viable to do the futsal alongside Derby academy

Im not surprised Derby have opposed this. When I first saw mention of futsal I never imagined it was this serious a commitment.

He is at the age where you simply have to make a choice.

Futsal is so Micky mouse in comparison to football still. Has he really left the academy for futsal?

I'm amazed

4 hours ago, Interestedparty said:

I'm staggered that with the hours academy kids have to put in at the age of 15 that either the father, the player or the futsal guys would believe it was viable to do the futsal alongside Derby academy

Im not surprised Derby have opposed this. When I first saw mention of futsal I never imagined it was this serious a commitment.

He is at the age where you simply have to make a choice.

Futsal is so Micky mouse in comparison to football still. Has he really left the academy for futsal?

I'm amazed

Can't believe he's been allowed to play futsal fail to see how that can help his development Played indoors on a hard surface with a smaller ball and five aside 

Archived