Zak Brunt - Academy kid

Keepyuppy

12 hours ago, Interestedparty said:

Has he really left the academy for futsal?

I'm amazed

He obviously wants to get back into an academy. Just enjoys playing a

7 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Can't believe he's been allowed to play futsal fail to see how that can help his development Played indoors on a hard surface with a smaller ball and five aside 

The somewhat over ambitious plans for the expansion of the academy buildings included a futsal pitch. Presumably they must think it is beneficial.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The somewhat over ambitious plans for the expansion of the academy buildings included a futsal pitch. Presumably they must think it is beneficial.

Ramnut  Your right but can't see it myself but that's why I'm not a coach I suppose 

I played futsal growing up in Baurd. In futsal you need to think quick and play quick so its easier for you when you move to normal football.

Pele.

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

It's definitely beneficial. And most academies incorporate it into their training plan and hours at certain age groups and times of the year.

But that's under their control and will fit in around the schedules and the workload of the lads at the academy

At Derby at these age groups the hours and days the lads are putting in now will be severe

Derby train Saturday mornings, play matches Sunday mornings. Train at least 3 days per week.

Players also need time to rest and recharge etc

Theres no way you can realistically add in International level Futsal training and match programme into an  existing under  15s schedule

Many kids at academies inevitably have to make choices between sports at various times

Ive seen this have to happen any times. As normally a good footballer is good at other sports. It's often a choice between cricket and football despite one being a summer sport and one being a winter sport.

They have to choose normally by age 14 latest if it earlier . The hours kids have to commit to an individual  sport now once they get to elite level are very high and its a fact of life they have to make a choice. 

That's professional sport nowadays. He's 15 now it's a crucial age for him to either earn a scholarship and chance of pro career or not

Futsal should be an alternative if he fails at the pro football game.

Maybe his technical skills are more suited to futsal?

Just now, Interestedparty said:

It's definitely beneficial. And most academies incorporate it into their training plan and hours at certain age groups and times of the year.

But that's under their control and will fit in around the schedules and the workload of the lads at the academy

At Derby at these age groups the hours and days the lads are putting in now will be severe

Derby train Saturday mornings, play matches Sunday mornings. Train at least 3 days per week.

Players also need time to rest and recharge etc

Theres no way you can realistically add in International level Futsal training and match programme into an  existing under  15s schedule

Many kids at academies inevitably have to make choices between sports at various times

Ive seen this have to happen any times. As normally a good footballer is good at other sports. It's often a choice between cricket and football despite one being a summer sport and one being a winter sport. Elite cricketers now train three or four times a week throughout the year etc. I know several parents and players in tough places right now deciding which sport to commit to. Sad but true but it has to happen if you want to compete at the highest levels now. 

They have to choose normally by age 14 latest if it earlier . The hours kids have to commit to an individual  sport now once they get to elite level are very high and its a fact of life they have to make a choice. 

That's professional sport nowadays. He's 15 now it's a crucial age for him to either earn a scholarship and chance of pro career or not

Futsal should be an alternative if he fails at the pro football game.

Maybe his technical skills are more suited to futsal?

No idea really. But one training plan doesn't necessarily fit all.

if a player is getting the opportunity to play futsal for england at st georges park then why not incorporate that into their programme. Seems like a good oportunity to play, practice with the ball and maintain fitness. 

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

No idea really. But one training plan doesn't necessarily fit all.

if a player is getting the opportunity to play futsal for england at st georges park then why not incorporate that into their programme. Seems like a good oportunity to play, practice with the ball and maintain fitness. 

So he's just going to play the home games for England then and just turn up once a week and play the matches? What if they are same day as a Derby match. Should he play one half for the futsal team and one half for the academy?

As it stands he will be getting more than enough opportunity to play, practise with the ball and maintain fitness at the academy. I guess it's a shame he didn't get selected for the England youth football team. Because if so their schedule is designed and managed to fit in and compliment the academy schedule rather than to interfere with it. 

Also where does rest and studying for GCSEs fit into this schedule do you think?

At this age choices have to be made. Simple as that.

Derby County midfielder Will Hughes is backing a new Futsal project in Derby that aims to develop talent for the club - and be the biggest of its kind in the country.

Set up by The Movement – a partnership between Derby County and Derby City Council that helps young people stay fit and healthy – Join The Futsal Revolution is a campaign targeted at 14 to 19 year old boys.

Players will receive coaching from England international Futsal players, play in a city-wide competition and those displaying skill can apply to join Derby County’s Futsal and Education Scholarship for 16-17 year olds. 

17-year-old Hughes, who is a Join The Futsal Revolution Ambassador, said: “Futsal is fast, fun and relatively easy to pick up. Some of the world’s most skillful players such as Pele, Messi, Neymar, Xavi , Robinho and Figo have grown up on Futsal courts.”

Hughes is the face of the campaign as he used to play Futsal as a youngster, using the game to develop his talent before signing professional forms with the Club earlier this year – before stepping up to the first-team squad this season to become a key player in Nigel Clough’s plans. 

Paul Whitworth from Derby County in the Community’s Futsal Education Scholarship programme, said: “This new initiative will help identify talent for the Futsal and Education Scholarship which gives 16 and 17 year olds a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable sport qualifications whilst competing in a professional Futsal environment for Derby County Football Club.”

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

Out of interest, and slightly off topic, but what about the plans for the academy makes them 'somewhat over ambitious'?  

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is it mainly the planning permission getting knocked back?

I don’t really know our stance on planning permission. Obviously we got knocked back but and took that as a setback but when we appealed it it was revealed that we’d been building stuff without planning permission anyway?

1 hour ago, cannable said:

I don’t really know our stance on planning permission. Obviously we got knocked back but and took that as a setback but when we appealed it it was revealed that we’d been building stuff without planning permission anyway?

I don't know the full details but i gather its a bit of a mess and i recall something along the lines of the last rejection was on the lines it wasn't a premier league club, which logically means future planning will be approved if we go up....?!!!?

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is it mainly the planning permission getting knocked back?

1 hour ago, cannable said:

The planning permission has been approved, hasn't it?

11 hours ago, LazloW said:

Out of interest, and slightly off topic, but what about the plans for the academy makes them 'somewhat over ambitious'?  

For whatever reason, despite the difficult planning battle, the club have decided not to proceed with the proposed development at this time. I think Mel may have mentioned that the plans are on hold pending promotion. That leads me to wonder whether cost is the issue. The proposals went beyond what was strictly necessary for compliance with cat 1. The argument was that the requirements might escalate in the future. The plans went beyond what Brighton had developed for example. The difficulty is that if they wanted to change the proposal or scale it back then a new application would be required. The approval for development to commence lasts for 3 years from sept 2016. 

7 hours ago, cannable said:

I don't think it went to appeal. It went to committee in august 2016 with a recommendation for refusal. It would seem that the club successfully lobbied councillors who over turned the officers recommendation for refusal and granted conditional approval. 

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I don't know the full details but i gather its a bit of a mess and i recall something along the lines of the last rejection was on the lines it wasn't a premier league club, which logically means future planning will be approved if we go up....?!!!?

see above

6 hours ago, rynny said:

The planning permission has been approved, hasn't it?

Yes

6 hours ago, cannable said:

I think we got it for something AFTER it had been built.

I think the initial appeal was won but it still needs to go further or something like that 

We have had several retrospective approvals for things that were built without planning consent.

the main development approval has some pre-commencement conditions to discharge but nothing unusual from a quick glance.

Archived