Zak Brunt - Academy kid

Keepyuppy

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, 86 points said:

After all the holier than thou sermonising from some, he joins the mighty Matlock.

And this was the 'progress' DCFC were hindering.

Hilarious.

Because he can't join a league team. Which of course you know.

46 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Oh. I thought it was because you recognised that a £120k fee somewhat limits his options

no, it was the delusional comments and then the trajectory of career move. I've seen some good players drop out of the game or never even make it. I'm pretty sure you might have seen more. It's hard enough to gain opportunities, but to throw away several, just to play futsal, and end up at a non-league club, is giving yourself a massive mountain to climb to make it professional. There aren't enough squad places in the game for those that stay at pro academies. I think he will have to be an amazing footballer to make it now.

29 minutes ago, angieram said:

Does anyone else just feel sorry for this young man? He surely needs some better advice than that he is currently getting.

Hard to say, can only speculate...

If he really wants to play futsal so badly, who are we to judge? If he is following his heart, I'm happy he has found a club which most likely gives him an opportunity to do what he likes.

Lad wants to play football and continue making his name in Futsal,

Glen brunt

Huge talent, level headed and a great kid.

Danny Cox MTFC

Mark Burton, a respected academy coach at City has been suspended after allegations of misconduct.

My son left City due to this person bullying him.

Glen brunt

Well done Zak, absolute all round good kid.....

Shane nicholson

Archived