Match day experience

Boycie

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I thought the stewarding in the north stand on Saturday needed seriously looking at.

There was a Sheff Weds fan in the stand literally punching older Derby fans, it happened on two separate occasions and at no point was a steward anywhere to be seen (except by the pitch protecting the players). The Sheff Wednesday fan remained in the stand for the whole game.

I have emailed DCFC fans liaison as I would like to be sure taking my new son to the match is a wise idea and not heard anything since Sunday.

If the stewards didn’t intervene did he at least get a slap?! 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone in the club is reading this, you can add 10% to the cost of my season ticket if you can promise me that I'll never be encouraged to wave a flag like I'm a primary school child and phrases like "that's a good start!" and "let's keep this going!" are banned forever.

Make it 25% if you turn the PA down so I can hear the atmosphere we're trying to make and a cast iron guarantee that the Killers will be never ever be played in an attempt to "pump" us up again.

HOW has no one spotted that coming out to a song about an ex-girlfriend cheating on you is as embarrassing as 11 points in the Premier League. 

Might as well go whole hog and have Dancing Queen as our goal music.

I must be missing out somewhere along the line. I go to watch Derby County play football - nowt else so all the music, gimmicks, flags etc etc make no difference to whether I enjoy myself or not. If the Rams win then I've had a good afternoon - if the football is quality then even better.

p.s. the guy with the mic who walks out onto the pitch - oh dear!

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

HOW has no one spotted that coming out to a song about an ex-girlfriend cheating on you is as embarrassing as 11 points in the Premier League. 

delilah's catch, refers to murdering your girlfriend/wife (well the original does)and is an anthem

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

Don’t know how old you are, but don’t you remember the Ramettes? A dozen of 18 year olds with less enthusiasm than Chris Martin when he sees a long ball. It was crap. Almost depressing.

And when I say 18 year olds, I’m not talking the steroid-milk drinking perfect-toothed DNA specimens you see in the NFL, these were Derby’s finest. Stunted growth from parents who smoked and a face like a slapped arse.

My wife still looks back with fondness on those days, and whilst aging really hasn’t done anything to help her appearance, l do still get slightly aroused when she gives her pom poms a shake for me.

14 hours ago, Boycie said:

What would you like to see the club do more of, or less of before, at halftime and after the game?

Some say lose the music. Some say close the bars earlier, maybe keep the bars open afterwards?

Have displays at halftime? Live music in the fans tent? 

What do you think would enhance the match day experience? 

What about a flags amnesty day, where you bring all the flags you’ve nicked over the years back and wave them at the match? ?

No doubt the club will see this, so fire away.

Live music would be a good one, sure you'd get local bands/singers that would do a gig for a match ticket, if anything at all.

Leave one bar open in each stand after the game for 30 minutes and have the tv showing game highlights with a scrolling list of today's results.

If a 1000 or so stayed behind who parked nearby it would help congestion. 

16 minutes ago, sage said:

Leave one bar open in each stand after the game for 30 minutes and have the tv showing game highlights with a scrolling list of today's results.

Better stick to shots then.

16 hours ago, Boycie said:

What would you like to see the club do more of, or less of before, at halftime and after the game?

Some say lose the music. Some say close the bars earlier, maybe keep the bars open afterwards?

Have displays at halftime? Live music in the fans tent? 

What do you think would enhance the match day experience? 

What about a flags amnesty day, where you bring all the flags you’ve nicked over the years back and wave them at the match? ?

No doubt the club will see this, so fire away.

Get rid of the flags, music and anything thats artificially trying to create an atmosphere.

1 hour ago, sage said:

This use to happen when PP first opened

1 hour ago, sage said:

If they kept the away fans in the ground until the home fans had dispersed and also worked with the police to sort out the traffic getting off Pride Park there would be less reason for people to leave before the end. The ridiculous East Stand 'turn left' policy after big games, the queues along Pride Parkway because of the lights near Wilmorton, and the numpties blocking the roundabout near Dunelm all encourage people to make a run for it as soon as the game finishes (or before).... 

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Have they any good? I’ve not had a drink in the tent for a while I’ll try and catch one next game then :thumbsup:

They were pretty good, but if you don't like the volume of the music in the ground it might be best to keep away from the tent.

Archived