Match day experience

Boycie

What would you like to see the club do more of, or less of before, at halftime and after the game?

Some say lose the music. Some say close the bars earlier, maybe keep the bars open afterwards?

Have displays at halftime? Live music in the fans tent? 

What do you think would enhance the match day experience? 

What about a flags amnesty day, where you bring all the flags you’ve nicked over the years back and wave them at the match? ?

No doubt the club will see this, so fire away.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Stop the tannoy chap trying to big up the atmosphere and turn the sound down 5 mins before the players come out. Its killing the chance of songs starting up pre-match.

Its enough to make you stay in the pub as late as possible......

Thought that the other day, attempt to start the songs drowned out by that ungodly b****** love child of Mr Brightside and Sweet Child O’ Mine

20 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Stop the tannoy chap trying to big up the atmosphere and turn the sound down 5 mins before the players come out. Its killing the chance of songs starting up pre-match.

Its enough to make you stay in the pub as late as possible......

Totally agree it's up to the fans to make the noise as the players run out onto the pitch not a bloody p.a system, also think if we had a happy hour between 1.15 and 2.15 before the game started , at 2 pound a pint it would encourage fans to come to the ground early, and get to there seats 15 minutes before the game, and start to get the atmosphere going before the team's came out onto the pitch.

30 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Get rid of Rammie.. But we need something new.. I can’t seem to get Morris and clowns out of my head.. Perhaps?

Rammie I don’t mind, it’s Ewie that really grinds my gears! 

It depends what your looking for really, i get to the match just before kick off, I go outside for a pint at half time, I get to my seat just before the second half starts or sometimes after so I miss all of the flag waving, half time shows, ball boys being booed onto the pitch. So the only thing I could ask for more of is more Derby goals in the first half and more in the second, if anybody can make that happen that would be great. Cheers.

I thought the stewarding in the north stand on Saturday needed seriously looking at.

There was a Sheff Weds fan in the stand literally punching older Derby fans, it happened on two separate occasions and at no point was a steward anywhere to be seen (except by the pitch protecting the players). The Sheff Wednesday fan remained in the stand for the whole game.

I have emailed DCFC fans liaison as I would like to be sure taking my new son to the match is a wise idea and not heard anything since Sunday.

I just want to watch a good game of football and hopefully we win. Have a couple of decent pints before the game and go home with at least something to talk about. 

I suppose the club could look at what technology is available and have some kind of thing that your mobile phone can link to via Bluetooth when in the ground which could give you team news a few stats etc. Everyone has their head in a phone before the game. Stick a few adverts in for a bit of revenue. 

8 hours ago, Boycie said:

What would you like to see the club do more of, or less of before, at halftime and after the game?

Some say lose the music. Some say close the bars earlier, maybe keep the bars open afterwards?

Have displays at halftime? Live music in the fans tent? 

What do you think would enhance the match day experience? 

What about a flags amnesty day, where you bring all the flags you’ve nicked over the years back and wave them at the match? ?

No doubt the club will see this, so fire away.

Monkey tennis. Youth hosteling with Chris Eubanks...:mellow:

28 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Cheerleaders :)

Don’t know how old you are, but don’t you remember the Ramettes? A dozen of 18 year olds with less enthusiasm than Chris Martin when he sees a long ball. It was crap. Almost depressing.

And when I say 18 year olds, I’m not talking the steroid-milk drinking perfect-toothed DNA specimens you see in the NFL, these were Derby’s finest. Stunted growth from parents who smoked and a face like a slapped arse.

23 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Don’t know how old you are, but don’t you remember the Ramettes? A dozen of 18 year olds with less enthusiasm than Chris Martin when he sees a long ball. It was crap. Almost depressing.

And when I say 18 year olds, I’m not talking the steroid-milk drinking perfect-toothed DNA specimens you see in the NFL, these were Derby’s finest. Stunted growth from parents who smoked and a face like a slapped arse.

Yeah i remember, i dont even think they were 18. Dont Crystal Palace have proper ones? Thats what i have in mind lol.

I like a bit of half time entertainment - like those big puppets we had a few years ago. 

Also like silly competitions like shooting from half way line, those guys racing in the big plastic globes - best if a Derby fan v opposition. 

At Bristol away they had a 'Play your cards right' game on the big screen at half time "Higher! Lower!" that got the crowd involved. 

I thought the walking football was ok too with the jokey commentary.

Pre match music is too loud but I am not convinced we would get any noise from elsewhere if it wasn't on. South Stand is very sparsely populated until 5 minutes before kick off. Personally think the club needs to work with a small group of fans (not the usual foul mouthed gobbies) to create a short play list with lyrics that are actually in support of the team. 

That Brightside song is catchy but the lyrics have nothing to do with football.

Surely the answer is to stop the bars serving drinks 15 minutes before kick off to get fans to go seats earlier? But that would be a loss of revenue and can you imagine being told you're not going to get served a pint at 14.46. Fights would break out in the concourses!

The speaker volume needs cranking down somewhat...I appreciate we have a new speaker system but it's turned up to 11 and so distorts badly and I can't even hear what's being said as a result....

The bar areas need extending and more staff would help too...plus it might be useful if some of them had any comprehension of English and had some training .

More toilets.

Everything else is pretty much spot on as far as I'm concerned...I love my match day experience!!

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I like a bit of half time entertainment - like those big puppets we had a few years ago. 

Also like silly competitions like shooting from half way line, those guys racing in the big plastic globes - best if a Derby fan v opposition. 

At Bristol away they had a 'Play your cards right' game on the big screen at half time "Higher! Lower!" that got the crowd involved. 

I thought the walking football was ok too with the jokey commentary.

Pre match music is too loud but I am not convinced we would get any noise from elsewhere if it wasn't on. South Stand is very sparsely populated until 5 minutes before kick off. Personally think the club needs to work with a small group of fans (not the usual foul mouthed gobbies) to create a short play list with lyrics that are actually in support of the team. 

That Brightside song is catchy but the lyrics have nothing to do with football.

Agree with this 100%. 

Pre match , I dislike being told to sing/ wave a flag etc at 140 decibels. It sounds a bit lame too. Atmosphere should be a organic, spontaneous affair and not orchestrated. Half time is for a wee, catch up with scores and grab a beer if time. Personally not fussed about HT entertainment. If you want people back on time after HT then get more people serving ( the people with beer back packs speed things up), also stop serving tea and coffee, not needed at football and takes server too long to deliver ( stop being selfish and drink beer ?) After match a brief mutual appreciation between players and fans is enough for me. If we get 90 mins of good entertainment during the match I’m happy with that, don’t need to enhance it further. 

Archived