Derby County V Notts Forest

peachmyster

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Lawrence hitting the bar, and a couple of saves from their keeper, Vydra foiled by an excellent defensive block, 6-4

Could have been more if they didn't have a keeper at all, 10-4 would not have been a surprise

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

So it could have been 2:4 then. 

No we had the much better of the last 30 Minutes and should of scored more as Rowett said in hid interview. 

Forest only had 2 good chances the breakaway chance for McKay when they sprung the offside with Wisdom just playing them on and Cummings miss set up by Osborn and McKay the other two where easily covered by Carson. 

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Football would be way more entertaining without keepers. Spoilsports.

That would be daft though, think we should just extend the goals slightly for Lawrence's set pieces. Reckon a foot should do it

7 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Don't our chances/near misses/goalkeepers saves count then?

Exactly.  It amazes me that when our keeper makes a save or two we have been 'lucky' but when we force saves out of their keeper nowts said.  Its always the same when we win, people have to look for the negatives... analysing possession, analysing chances created, ignoring the scoreline.  

Having said that, we clearly need to retain possession more and restrict the other team making as many chances as Forest did, cos on another day we'd have been tanked :ph34r:

35 minutes ago, David said:

That would be daft though, think we should just extend the goals slightly for Lawrence's set pieces. Reckon a foot should do it

Surely Mel could operate a remote handset from his seat which would just "imperceptibly" extend the height/width of the goal posts for our free kicks and reduce same for the opposition's. Nobody would know. 

Watching the highlights (sober this time), how good was Nugent's goal? The way Vydra snatched the ball off some hapless gump and raced toward the penalty box, Nuge's excellently timed and intelligent run across the line at just the right angle - completely outwitting the defence -  it gave Vyds the chance to drive into the gap or make the pass - the pass was perfect and the finish sublime.

Lovely, lovely goal.

10 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Watching the highlights (sober this time), how good was Nugent's goal? The way Vydra snatched the ball off some hapless gump and raced toward the penalty box, Nuge's excellently timed and intelligent run across the line at just the right angle - completely outwitting the defence -  it gave Vyds the chance to drive into the gap or make the pass - the pass was perfect and the finish sublime.

Lovely, lovely goal.

Fantastic goal. 

4 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Watching the highlights (sober this time), how good was Nugent's goal? The way Vydra snatched the ball off some hapless gump and raced toward the penalty box, Nuge's excellently timed and intelligent run* across the line at just the right angle - completely outwitting the defence -  it gave Vyds the chance to drive into the gap or make the pass - the pass was perfect and the finish sublime.

Lovely, lovely goal.

* and great use of the left index digit by Nuge to "point" to where he wanted the ball to be played. That same left index digit had been utilised earlier to inform the assembled Red Dog fans of the score, forming a number 1, whilst the other hand had been forming the number 0, showing what a versatile set of digits the Nuge possesses. It would be churlish of me to point out that for consistency's sake, he really should have given an updated score to those self-same Red Dogs, but in his defence he could argue that the scoreboard is there to do that job. Lovely fine-finger and manual dexterity motor skills there Nuge on top of a fine, fleet of foot, finish. :mellow:

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

* and great use of the left index digit by Nuge to "point" to where he wanted the ball to be played. That same left index digit had been utilised earlier to inform the assembled Red Dog fans of the score, forming a number 1, whilst the other hand had been forming the number 0, showing what a versatile set of digits the Nuge possesses. It would be churlish of me to point out that for consistency's sake, he really should have given an updated score to those self-same Red Dogs, but in his defence he could argue that the scoreboard is there to do that job. Lovely fine-finger and manual dexterity motor skills there Nuge on top of a fine, fleet of foot, finish. :mellow:

Sure I heard Nuge say after the game that he reminded the Forest fans of the score at 1-0 and 2-0. Maybe wrong though.

Watched the game Monday. Here's my view, FWIW. 

haven't seen anybody say the first goal was offside? Tom Lawrence in an offside position, interfering with goalies view or decision maybe? However, it wasn't given so that's good. 

Ledley was underwhelming for me. 

Lawrence tried hard and can see he will get better. 

Great to see the Rolls Royce back. Agree he has some timber. 

Mum n dad like Jonny Russell so I'll leave it there but agree he worked hard.

Carson imperious  again. 

Overall deserved the win and last 30 minutes a stroll. 

Hope this buys GR more time. 

Still wish we'd have gone for Warburton after Mac 1 after watching the Brentford match. He would have been perfect for that team. 

Let's back up the same atmosphere and fervour this Saturday against the Owls.

10 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Watched the game Monday. Here's my view, FWIW. 

haven't seen anybody say the first goal was offside? Tom Lawrence in an offside position, interfering with goalies view or decision maybe? However, it wasn't given so that's good. 

Ledley was underwhelming for me. 

Lawrence tried hard and can see he will get better. 

Great to see the Rolls Royce back. Agree he has some timber. 

Mum n dad like Jonny Russell so I'll leave it there but agree he worked hard.

Carson imperious  again. 

Overall deserved the win and last 30 minutes a stroll. 

Hope this buys GR more time. 

Still wish we'd have gone for Warburton after Mac 1 after watching the Brentford match. He would have been perfect for that team. 

Let's back up the same atmosphere and fervour this Saturday against the Owls.

Just had a look and yes he looks offside, I think with the current rules it would have been harsh to rule it offside. Have seen much worse allowed. Think along as you don't touch the ball it seems OK now.

Although I actually think if you are in the penalty area you are interfering with play but that's not the rule.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Just had a look and yes he looks offside, I think with the current rules it would have been harsh to rule it offside. Have seen much worse allowed. Think along as you don't touch the ball it seems OK now.

Although I actually think if you are in the penalty area you are interfering with play but that's not the rule.

There's a lot more "judgement" involved these days than there ever used to be. There seems also more of  spirit these days to "allow" "offside" goals than there used to be. I believe still that Jeff Hendrick's "WOHTM!*" goal against the Red Dogs should have been disallowed as surely Theo Robinson was glaringly stood in a point-blank offside position {but I wince at the thought of disclosing this}...

and yet more famous David Nish was robbed of a clear goal against Man Ure when he scored from 22 yards from the Man Ure D in the FA Cup Semi at Hillsborough only for "offside" to be given as Franny Lee was tying his boot laces 30 yards away on the wing {and clearly not interfering with play}. 

*WE ONLY HAD TEN MEN {I still PMSL when I hum this tune} 

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

There's a lot more "judgement" involved these days than there ever used to be. There seems also more of  spirit these days to "allow" "offside" goals than there used to be. I believe still that Jeff Hendrick's "WOHTM!*" goal against the Red Dogs should have been disallowed as surely Theo Robinson was glaringly stood in a point-blank offside position {but I wince at the thought of disclosing this}...

and yet more famous David Nish was robbed of a clear goal against Man Ure when he scored from 22 yards from the Man Ure D in the FA Cup Semi at Hillsborough only for "offside" to be given as Franny Lee was tying his boot laces 30 yards away on the wing {and clearly not interfering with play}. 

*WE ONLY HAD TEN MEN {I still PMSL when I hum this tune} 

Theo Robinson couldn't be interfering with play if he was 1 foot from the goaline with an open goal and the ball at his feet. :lol:

On 16/10/2017 at 13:09, Alpha said:

I don't understand how Lawrence "looks dangerous" and Russell is getting grief

As you say yourself, Russell invariably runs the ball into trouble or out of play, and he's been doing it for years. We've long since seen the absolute limits of his capabilities. Lawrence already looks capable of far more and will likely improve. No contest. 

Archived