Questions you'd ask Rowett

RoyMac5

Just reading some of the threads and thinking about the 'stick or twist' why would you change your mind thread. I was trying to think of things that would make me want GR to have more games. So I thought well you know to help decide I'd want to ask him a question:

"Why on earth did he think we could be top 6"? - nevermind top 2! His answer might help me 'stick or twist'. But I can't see anything about where he has the team now that convinces me we'd make top 6.

What would you ask him?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Why did you make a point of the midfield lacking athleticism before the start of the summer and then proceed ton only exacerbate the issue by buying Huddlestone and selling off the more mobile midfielders (Hughes and Bryson) ?

2) Why having made the point about wanting young and hungry players and not aging Prem players, did you proceed to acquire 3 players who played in the Prem last season who are north of 30 ?

3) Why do you bang on about your admiration of Klopp's style of play yet your playstyle shows very very little resemblance of it ?

4) Why did you make about being flexible in tactics and formation yet we now seem to only have players for a 4231/442 ?

5) What's happened with Russell ?

6) Why do you make a point about being unfairly attributed to a 'agricultural' playstyle yet encourage a play style that seemingly leads to a lot of aimless long balls ?

7) Why was Hughes sold so cheaply ? So early in the summer ?

8) Why does Ince's statement about leaving directly contradict yours ?

9) Why was Bryson not given an opportunity when we looked at 433 ?

10) Why did you let Bryson and Butterfield go out on loan to supposed play off rivals before a replacement was bought?

11) Why did you think the performance at Brentford was remotely acceptable ?

12) Why is a playstyle of sitting back and counterattacking the best way to play for the team ?

I'm sure there's more but that is what I'd start with.

13 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

"If your aim against Brentford was for Johnson to act as cover against Woods - Why didn't you make that clear to him? And if you did - why didn't you take him off once you realised he wasn't doing it?"

Perhaps he was doing what he was told that's why they took Woods of !

'Why did you focus on changing the defence, that overall has been pretty mean over the last couple of years, when it is offensively that we struggle and was compounded by the fact that you decided to sell Ince, our top scorer and best creator of chances for others, when he was happy to stay?'

15 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

1) Why did you make a point of the midfield lacking athleticism before the start of the summer and then proceed ton only exacerbate the issue by buying Huddlestone and selling off the more mobile midfielders (Hughes and Bryson) ?

2) Why having made the point about wanting young and hungry players and not aging Prem players, did you proceed to acquire 3 players who played in the Prem last season who are north of 30 ?

3) Why do you bang on about your admiration of Klopp's style of play yet your playstyle shows very very little resemblance of it ?

4) Why did you make about being flexible in tactics and formation yet we now seem to only have players for a 4231/442 ?

6) Why do you make a point about being unfairly attributed to a 'agricultural' playstyle yet encourage a play style that seemingly leads to a lot of aimless long balls ?

10) Why did you let Bryson and Butterfield go out on loan to supposed play off rivals before a replacement was bought?

12) Why is a playstyle of sitting back and counterattacking the best way to play for the team ?

This..

Complete tactical and strategic ineptness..

Why does he think this is remotely the derby way

28 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Perhaps he was doing what he was told that's why they took Woods of !

Were you there? Because Woods ran the game for them and Johnson was nowhere near him most of the time - I suspect they took him off because he'd never had so much freedom in his entire career and was shattered from having so much of the ball :)

In more seriousness - I think they took him off and stuck on another striker to play a more direct style - I actually thought they didn't look as good after they took him off and we started to look a little more comfortable - But the more direct style worked for them in the end

34 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Excellent and very reasonable questions.

Archived