Cardiff V Derby County

peachmyster

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The old 'Martin can only play one way' bananas! Even Rowett reckoned he could play a no10. #yawn

You obviously haven't seen him play still waiting for you to tell me who he played the other 13 games for wouldn't be your hero Mclaren by any chance would it If Rowett thinks he can play as a number 10 why hasn't he done it ?  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

You obviously haven't seen him play still waiting for you to tell me who he played the other 13 games for wouldn't be your hero Mclaren by any chance would it If Rowett thinks he can play as a number 10 why hasn't he done it ?  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It was Pearson for the majority and wassell for the other few...before he went to fulham

3oz8xZvvOZRmKay4xy.gif

51 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I get that, however you rated the players based upon your opinion, and then brought stats into it to disapprove somebody's else's.  You say Johnson didn't play well based upon stats or your view off his performance, because if you are using the former he did as well as Martin surely?

By the way I thought they both did well, Martin shading it with the ball and Johnson without.

I don't think Johnson played well, no. His passing was pretty poor again. I don't think he had much impact on stopping Cardiff playing. 

We had 2 great opportunities to open them up. The first 1 he blasted over I can forgive. The second one was a shot from miles away that wasted the advantage in numbers and position we had in the final third. 

Ninos came to defend Johnson by saying he made a good pass but Martin shouldn't be overhyped because he misplaced some passes. 

So if misplacing a few passes is a bad thing then how can you defend Johnson who is often below 70%. If a key pass makes a good player then Martin made the best pass of the game with the pull back to Nugent.

I'm basing it all on what I saw with my eyes. But stats would back up that? It shows Martin completed more pass percentage , created more chances and played as many key passes. 

You can't base anything purely on stats. I wouldn't dream of it. 

For example our only raid into their box in the first half came from Russell. Theres no stat though that benefits him here. Infact it would count as an incomplete pass because nobody met his cutback. 

41 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Rowett has done it?

And said as much?

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Also to joe ledley who thanked the Cardiff fans for the reception which was awful I'll thank myself and the 1300 that travelled 4 hours plus to watch that s**** 

If JR leaves at least you've got a new target.

2 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Quiet forum tonight kids :D

Funny isn't it, some if those rampaging about a terrible team selection seem to have lost their broadband connection 

2 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Always the same innit. What are the chances?

Breaking news, (insert name here) forum member slagging off team selection discovers we didn't lose 5-0 

Only got chance to see last 15 mins which by all accounts were our best.  On Tuesday the camera angle mostly had Carson in the background and 8 yellow shirts.  Today was very different with a much more expanded team structure forcing Cardiff on the back foot.  Against a team with a bigger threat this was much more like it

3 hours ago, angieram said:

On our way home from the match.  Didn't expect a lot from today and first half lived down to the expectations!  However, we were solid defensively and Wisdom did really well after a shaky first twenty.  Lawrence looked lively but wasted his best opportunity when he dwelt too long on the ball. Keogh and Davies looking solid.

Was encouraged to see Martin warming up at half time and his presence seemed to lift the other players as they sensed there was someone there who could hold up the ball and bring others into play. We gradually grew into the half and good to see both Wisdom and Fozzy get forward a bit more. Johnson too played his part and I don't get the criticism of him on here. Yes he took one shot when he could have laid it off to Martin but it sat up nicely for him and I won't criticise him for having a go. There was no guarantee that Martin would have done better and it certainly wasn't the tap in for him some are suggesting. 

Lawrence too doesn't always make the best decision with the ball but you can see how desperate he is to bag his first goal for us. I hope it Comes soon as I think he needs the confidence boost. 

Really thought we might sneak it at the end as Nugent was the final piece in that counter-attacking jigsaw and he brought a fine save out of their keeper.  I think we would have deserved the win - just!

It was great to be part of a crowd that really got behind the lads in the second half and well done to the few lads who had worked so hard all game to start the chants. I think that the players appreciated it given their applause at the end. 

I am most encouraged by this performance, thought Martin was the talisman and if he can re-invent himself in that slightly deeper role he can play a pivotal part in our season,  certainly away from home. (I said that after the Barnsley match too!) 

Weather is horrible and it's a long journey home but we'll worth the effort today. Think some of those green shoots people were asking for have sprouted today! 

Thank you angieram, you always write very well on here and your honesty, positive style and knack of being able to report really well on your travels of being a true Rams fan, by always making your posts very enjoyable to read and very informative. 

You paint a wonderful picture of the days event, and it's great to be a fellow Ram, when I know there are Rams like you supporting the team, backing the team and praising those working so hard within it.

Well done, such is much appreciated by the many likes you deserve on here. Up The Rams.

Everyone has to admit thats the football we want to see in the 2nd half was not there today but listen to radio derby. If we can keep that up wins will come. But i think russle had a good game today and i think martin help link up the play well bring others into play.

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I wouldn't go if I were you mate. Might do those who sit around you a favour in the process.

Once again you didn't travel today did you? Didn't work all week to go and watch the club you love? You support? To not get acknowledged, today was awful to watch yes good point but without us fans the club wouldn't be...  

3 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

Give the lad a chance to tweet, was one of the players that came over the clap fans at the end as well.

Yeah fair play tweeting hours later after I said it?? Surely you can see where I'm coming from? Haven't traveled from Derby but an extra hour from the hills only just got home 

Archived